Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Hammad Asif
Icecreamben
  • moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

The new “Ad Astra” trailer is stunning. It really looks quite good, but I’m not getting my hopes up just yet. The September release date worries me, but maybe once the Academy transitions fully to an early February ceremony, September comes the new October. But the music, visuals, and some of the twists teased at in this latest trailer seem to signify something special. I hope I’m not being duped.

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Does she have a shot at getting double nominations?

She probably will go supporting for little woman and leading for the laundromat

2002 was their opportunity to give her double nods and they didn’t. Not likely to over indulge her now since her count is in the 20s and she’s not winning a 4th this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

The new “Ad Astra” trailer is stunning. It really looks quite good, but I’m not getting my hopes up just yet. The September release date worries me, but maybe once the Academy transitions fully to an early February ceremony, September comes the new October. But the music, visuals, and some of the twists teased at in this latest trailer seem to signify something special. I hope I’m not being duped.

It really does look gorgeous, and that score sounds amazing. I think it could overcome the September release if it’s really acclaimed and makes a good amount of money. At worst, it’ll get a couple below the line noms and help Pitt’s narrative for OUATIH.

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

As i see more and more trailers for movies and news i feel like this year is going to be QT vs Greta Gerwig…. everything else at this point seems like filler … Obs something could turn out to be a game changer but i feel like both of these two are poised to be the biggest contenders

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I think

Robert Deniro – Irishman
    Cynthia Erivio – Harriet
    Brad PItt- OUATIH
    Annette Benning – The Report

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

I think

Robert Deniro – Irishman
    Cynthia Erivio – Harriet
    Brad PItt- OUATIH
    Annette Benning – The Report

I really hope it would be like this. Robert De Niro needs to win his third Oscar. Annette Bening her first ever after how many nominations. Cynthia Erivo for her first nomination. I just don’t know with Brad Pitt. I prefer Al Pacino winning his second Oscar, ugh he should have two by now and win another one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, apparently Margot Robbie didn’t have much dialogue in the new Tarantino jerkingoffpiece. The man has added 2 more minutes of her due to some complaints of sexism. Do you really think she has a shot at the Oscars? Well, you will see. I hope to see it, too. But to be here Lena Headey will have to win her Emmy. If that doesn’t happen I’ll die and disappear from this website. Time will tell.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.

If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope it would be like this. Robert De Niro needs to win his third Oscar. Annette Bening her first ever after how many nominations. Cynthia Erivo for her first nomination. I just don’t know with Brad Pitt. I prefer Al Pacino winning his second Oscar, ugh he should have two by now and win another one.

while i do agree Pacino is certinaly worthy of a second i can see brad riding the wave . he has never won for acting he is a legend and QT has done this twice for Christoph

I think Three could be carreer wins and then Cynthia would be the “fresh face win”

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, apparently Margot Robbie didn’t have much dialogue in the new Tarantino jerkingoffpiece. The man has added 2 more minutes of her due to some complaints of sexism. Do you really think she has a shot at the Oscars? Well, you will see. I hope to see it, too. But to be here Lena Headey will have to win her Emmy. If that doesn’t happen I’ll die and disappear from this website. Time will tell.

I think she could get a nomination, she is an It girl right now playing Sharon Tate … but i dont think she can or will win for this . she has a better chnace going with a differnt movie if she wants to try and win … i dont think she will win anytime soon , she is gonna go the Kate winslet route and get five noms before she wins

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    LegendOfMatt
    Participant
    Topics:

Soooo, what do we think about that Cats trailer?

I think the visuals look awful. Uncanny valley humanoid cats is just outright disturbing. I do not plan on watching this film.

I don’t see it having an impact on the Oscars, but time will tell. I imagine it stands a descent shot in Original Song, at the very least.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Soooo, what do we think about that Cats trailer?

I think the visuals look awful. Uncanny valley humanoid cats is just outright disturbing. I do not plan on watching this film.

I don’t see it having an impact on the Oscars, but time will tell. I imagine it stands a descent shot in Original Song, at the very least.

Best Supporting Actress – Hudson
    Original Song
    Costume Design
    Production Design
    Sound Mixing

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be so dismissive of Cats yet. Remember its a Tom Hooper film (the Academy really likes him), and the VFX are not done yet. Aladdin’s first trailer had the genie looking terrible and they fixed him.

If everyone can get past the VFX, the film actually looks kind of good?

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Robert Deniro – Irishman Cynthia Erivio – Harriet Brad PItt- OUATIH Annette Benning – The Report

The Report is going no where, it’s being released in September for a week or two then getting dumped on Amazon Prime.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Oscars CATS predictions:

Best case scenario

Best Picture, Best Director, Best adapted screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Production Design, Best Sound Editing Best Sound Mixing, Best Visual Effects, Best supporting actress – Jhud and Taylor Swift Best supporting actor – Ian Mckellen, Best original Song

Worst case Scenario

Best Production Design, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing

Likely

Best adapted screenplay, Best Production Design, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Cinematography, Supporting actress – Jhud and best original song

ReplyCopy URL
    Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

Little Women just lost Production Design to Scary Cats.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 496 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.