Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 498 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Pulp
  • John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Also the Razzie are dumb and dated and stopped being funny in 1995. The Razzies nominating politicians like Donald Trump for Worst Actor for documentaries is dumb, nominating Johnny Depp for a voice role in a animated film for Worst actor is dumb, nominating performance like Jennifer Lawrence in mother! for Worst Actress for what is clearly not the worst of the year is dumb. Nominating big stars just to nominate big stars for box office flops when their are much worse performances around is dumb.

The Razzie have refused to adapt for a Internet Age. Live stream the ceremony on Youtube, get a comedian to host, take it seriously and get some B and C level actors at the event and nominate the actual worst performances of the year. Screen Junkies (Honest Trailers) wanted to collaborate with the Razzies at one point and make it more modern and relevant and Wilson said no.

I 100% agree with all of this. The Razzies are painfully unfunny now.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Forbes made some points

“STX’s Hustlers absolutely belongs in the Oscar race right alongside the populist likes of Joker, Us and The Irishman along with (presumably) The Two Popes, Little Women, A Marriage Story, Jojo Rabbit and Parasite.”

“Hustlers checks every box in terms of reception (reviews, box office, word-of-mouth), subject matter (political timeliness, crime melodrama, real-life inspiration) and aspirations (a female-directed film starring women of color that has broken through).”

“Its only handicap is that it won’t be automatically taken as seriously as if the same film was made starring a bunch of white guys gaming the system.

But it should”

Scott Mendelson is great at box office analysis, but his virtue signaling gets really annoying. He claims that bad movies like The Kitchen and Gemini Man flop at the box office because they’re original films that star minorities, but the reality is that they flopped at the box office because they were bad movies.

Also since when has Us been part of the Oscar conversation LOL!

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

Vektor
    Participant
    Topics:

You really should add a couple of Parasite actors in the supporting categories in the prediction center, specially Song Kang-ho in Supporting Actor. Song is probably closer to the nomination than half of the actors on the list.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

There is a real path for Parasite to win best picture. It will have all the key nominations and if it wins Original Screenplay over Marriage Story (which I think it may) then it’s chances will skyrocket.

Irishman v Jojo in Adapted
    Marriage Story v Parasite in Original

I think the race will be between the winners of Screenplay categories with 1917/Mendes taking Director.

My personal Top 5 of 2019 so far:
    1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) Joker 5) Jojo Rabbit

MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

There is a real path for Parasite to win best picture. It will have all the key nominations and if it wins Original Screenplay over Marriage Story (which I think it may) then it’s chances will skyrocket.

Irishman v Jojo in Adapted
    Marriage Story v Parasite in Original

I think the race will be between the winners of Screenplay categories with 1917/Mendes taking Director.

Yeah, I also think there is a path for Parasite, although it’s a narrow one. But I can’t see it winning Picture without winning Director.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that The Farewell is being underestimated in screenplay. If it ends up in original, then it doesn’t stand a chance at winning (though it will still be nominated), but I think that it could win adapted. It’s less polarizing than Jojo, and it’ll probably go down sweeter and easier than The Irishman (which will also probably be hurt by the fact that it doesn’t have Scorsese’s name on the screenplay).

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Midsommar for Best Cinematography?

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Midsommar for Best Cinematography?

I was your Prime Minister once.

Green Spleen
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know when Middleburg’s audience award winner will be announced? The festival apparently ended yesterday, but no peep about the audience award.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I also think there is a path for Parasite, although it’s a narrow one. But I can’t see it winning Picture without winning Director.

Why do you think so? Picture/Director splits are common and if they want to reward Bong this scenario allows him a win in Screenplay.

1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) Joker 5) Jojo Rabbit

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

we would need Parasite to get an Editing nom as well though and the last FLF to get that was The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

Picture- Parasite
    Director- Mendes, 1917
    Actor- Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
    Actress- Renee Zellweger, Judy
    Supporting Actor- Brad Pitt, OUATIH
    Supporting Actress- Laura Dern, Marriage Story
    O. Screenplay- Parasite
    A. Screenplay- Jojo Rabbit
    Editing- Ford v. Ferrari
    International Film- Parasite
    Cinematography- 1917
    Production Design- 1917
    Costume Design- Little Women
    Make up/Hair- Bombshell
    Visual Effects- The Irishman
    Score- 1917
    Sound Editing- 1917
    Sound Mixing- 1917

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

That Mendes pick for BD is a bold one. Personally Mendes isn’t the same director he once was. I’d love if he proves me wrong.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do you think so? Picture/Director splits are common and if they want to reward Bong this scenario allows him a win in Screenplay.

I think they are more likely to award a foreign language film in Director, especially an acclaimed respected “auteur” like Bong. At least historically they have.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling that Dern will be snubbed at BAFTA.

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.