Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 498 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Pulp
  • Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is Matt Damon missing from the supporting actor predictions? Are him and Christian bale confirmed to campaign in lead?

According to this article by Deadline, apparently so! I wonder why? You’d think this would cause vote-splitting, plus Bale seemed to have a strong shot at Supporting this year….

Article link: https://deadline.com/2019/10/oscars-ford-v-ferrari-christian-bale-matt-damon-compete-best-actor-1202765419/

My username stands for “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

UPDATE: I’m almost done. IT’S AWFUL. What. A. Bad. Film. There is not a single good thing about this absolute mess.

</p>
    Out of bile fascination I watched the first scene. Not good. Feels like it’s trying and failing to be The Big Short. Except while The Big Short was fast paced, engrossing, and used absurdity to hilariously get it’s point across in an interesting and memorable way, this opening scene was slow, boring, and used absurdity to confusingly get it’s point across in a way that’s already caused me to forget what Oldman and Banderas were saying.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Midsommar for Best Cinematography?

Not even the best A24 horror movie cinematography this year

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qn_spdM5Zg

It’s absolutely a lock for a Best Original Score nomination. John Williams is not winning against Alan Silvestri or John Powell, but dang. What a legend- making everything feel epic.

It’s also probably getting in Best Sound Mixing and Editing, as well as Production Design. I would also say Cinematography, but that category is stacked.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

John Williams is not winning against Alan Silvestri or John Powell, but dang.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Woah Don Scorsese ain’t stopping anytime soon.

He is doing Roosevelt Biopic with DiCaprio right after he ends Killer of Flower Moon.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Woah Don Scorsese ain’t stopping anytime soon. He is doing Roosevelt Biopic with DiCaprio right after he ends Killer of Flower Moon.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

MCU stan?

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure we have a Cinematography thread so I’m posting here. The Camerimage Cinematography Festival has announced its contenders:

Amundsen (Norway, 2019): Cinematographer Paal Ulvik Rokseth, Director Espen Sandberg

Bolden (USA, 2018): Cinematographer Neal Norton, Director Dan Pritzker

Ford v. Ferrari (USA, 2019): Cinematographer Phedon Papamichael, Director James Mangold

The Irishman (USA, 2019): Cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto, Director Martin Scorsese

Joker (USA, Canada 2019): Cinematographer Lawrence Sher, Director Todd Phillips

The Last Black Man in San Francisco (USA, 2019): Cinematographer Adam Newport-Berra, Director Joe Talbot

Motherless Brooklyn (USA, 2019): Cinematographer Dick Pope, Director Edward Norton

Never Look Away (Italy, Germany, 2018): Cinematographer Caleb Deschanel, Director Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck

Mr. Jones (UK, Ukraine, Poland, 2019): Cinematographer Tomasz Naumiuk, Director Agnieszka Holland

An Officer and a Spy (France, Italy, 2019): Cinematographer Paweł Edelman, Director Roman Polanski

The Painted Bird (Czech Republic, 2019): Cinematographer Vladimir Smutny, Director Vaclav Marhoul

Shadow (Hong Kong, China, 2018): Cinematographer Xiaoding Zhao, Director Yimou Zhang

The Two Popes (USA, UK, Italy, Argentina, 2019): Cinematographer Cesar Charlone, Director Fernando Meirelles

Last season 4 movies from the lineup went on to score Oscar nominations: Cold War, Roma (winner), The Favourite, A star is Born so this is a good indicator of where this category might be heading this season.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Shadow (Hong Kong, China, 2018): Cinematographer Xiaoding Zhao, Director Yimou Zhang .

did shadow get a qualifying run? that film was visually astounding if nothing else

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Last season 4 movies from the lineup went on to score Oscar nominations: Cold War, Roma (winner), The Favourite, A star is Born so this is a good indicator of where this category might be heading this season.

And the fifth one Never Look Away is nominated this year. That’s 5/5 but none of the 2017 Oscar nominees were in contention here, so I’ll just take these lightly.

Gwen Gentry
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actress Scarlett Johansson-Marriage Story Renee Zellweger-Judy Saoirse Ronan-Little Women Charlize Theron-Bombshell Lupita Nyong’o-Us Best Supporting Actor Al Pacino-The Irishman Brad Pitt-Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Willem Dafoe-The Lighthouse Christian Bale-Ford v Ferrari Jamie Foxx-Just Mercy

Thinking the same for almost every category, but I’m curious on why do you think Scarlett’ll win against Zellweger, and Pacino against Pitt…

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s one sample. How does this organization do over time? How about the last five years? Or the 2010s?

Dont get me wrong, I think this is valuable information because it confirms Prieto for Irishman, let’s me believe Joker has some industry support, and gives hope to Last Black Man and The Two Popes, but I don’t want to assume 4/5 come from this list.

We already know 1917 is close to lock for a nom, and it’s missing from that list because it hasn’t screened.

My personal Top 10 of 2019 so far:
    1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) Joker 5) Jojo Rabbit 6) The Peanut Butter Falcon 7) Marriage Story 8) Luce 9) Yesterday 10) Hotel Mumbai

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Thinking the same for almost every category, but I’m curious on why do you think Scarlett’ll win against Zellweger, and Pacino against Pitt…

Scarlett is in a more acclaimed film than Zellweger that’s also a Best Picture nominee, plus she’s a first time nominee while Zellweger already has an Oscar, and many don’t consider her worthy to earn 2. Some people here say she doesn’t have a good enough performance based on 3 Goldderby posters, but every critic has praised her performance. I don’t even think Zellweger is Johansson’s biggest competition: Theron is.

Meanwhile for Pacino, The Irishman has to win something above the line since it will be the most nominated film of the year, and this seems like it’s best bet, since Pacino earned so many raves from critics. Plus, many people think Pacino deserves two Oscars and Pitt is refusing to campaign for his performance, which will hurt him.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.