Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 486 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Pulp
  • babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree but there are movies that are loved by audiences as much they are by critics,Goodfellas,Pulp Fiction are some of many.

I think The Irishman will follow same trend.

You can’t say same about OUATIH though.

I think we can. lol

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Eric Darling
    Participant
    Topics:

For the record, I think Johannson is every bit the equal to Driver in terms of a performance, even if Driver has a little more screen time. As far as “Oscar scenes” go, beyond the big meltdown argument with Driver (that one could say ultimately leaves as Driver’s scene), her first scene in Laura Dern’s office with the single take monologue about why she wants a divorce absolutely qualified in my eyes. It’s been a while since we got Best Actor/Actress winners from the same film (As Good As It Gets, a film much more solely from the man’s perspective than Marraiage Story), but Marriage Story would be a deserving choice.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Eric Darling.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Eric Darling.
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I think,Pacino can win Supporting Actor for Irishman since Pitt is not campaigning and was basically co-lead with DiCaprio.

That’s the other big problem Pitt has. A ton of people are pissed about the rampant category fraud at the Oscars and a win for Pitt could exasterbate that. Plus it could lead to some precursors not even not nominating him in supporting. I see Dafoe having the same problem, even if Pattinson isn’t nominated.

For Your Consideration

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho,
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Actress: Scarlett Johansson
    Supporting Actor: Al Pacino
    Supporting Actress: Florence Pugh
    Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit
    Original Screenplay: Parasite

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

The Russo Bros.

Girl…

#FreeTheBannedFour

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Just finished The Lighthouse.

It’s the best movie I have seen in 2019 so far.It is so brilliant in it’s own special way and Eggers is a talent to look forward and I hope he continues like this.

Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson are so freaking amazing and makeup a lead duo I never thought I would enjoy and love so much.

Both lead performances are so darn on point,I have to say Pattinson is an incredible talent and deserves praise he has been getting,he is so unbelievable in this and I am happy that our new Batman is so awesome.

Willem Dafoe delivers arguably better performance,mainly cause of more maturity and experience he has now and there is no way he is Supporting in this movie.He is co-lead as Pattinson.

That 16:9 oddly works for this movie and I hope this movie gets BP and BSP nods somehow.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike-Tarantino-Wes Anderson-Bong Joon-Ho

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t want to bash anyone for their predictions, but you’re going to be very dissapointed if you think the Russo Bros are making it in over Scorcese and Tarantino.

For Your Consideration

Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho,
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Actress: Scarlett Johansson
    Supporting Actor: Al Pacino
    Supporting Actress: Florence Pugh
    Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit
    Original Screenplay: Parasite

MMartin
    Participant
    Topics:

If Endgame gets director or picture nominations I would be quite surprised. It made a hell of a lot of money but I just don’t see the buzz for it. I rank over 10 directors as more likely than the Russos, and about 15 films as more likely for a nomination than Endgame, it is just such a competitive year.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Just finished The Lighthouse.

It’s the best movie I have seen in 2019 so far.It is so brilliant in it’s own special way and Eggers is a talent to look forward and I hope he continues like this. […] That 16:9 oddly works for this movie and I hope this movie gets BP and BSP nods somehow.

Glad you liked it. To be pedantic the aspect ratio is 1.19:1, not 16:9 which is the proportions of your average flatscreen TV.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Glad you liked it. To be pedantic the aspect ratio is 1.19:1, not 16:9 which is the proportions of your average flatscreen TV.

Thanks for enhancing my knowledge,4:3 is the aspect ratio I was thinking about but mistakenly wrote 16:9.

It was fantastic.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike-Tarantino-Wes Anderson-Bong Joon-Ho

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t want to bash anyone for their predictions, but you’re going to be very dissapointed if you think the Russo Bros are making it in over Scorcese and Tarantino.

Lol!!

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I put a shit ton of research into all of my predictions now. Don’t want to be caught off guard like last year.

I would say beware the dangers of overthinking, especially when it comes to winners. I’ve learned from this the hard way.

kingfan011
    Participant
    Topics:

The Lighthouse is one of those movie that I don’t get the raves for. It looks pretty and is well acted but it all came across as pretty silly and not that interesting in the long run. Then again I never got the hype about The Witch either

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  kingfan011.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  kingfan011.
    Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

The Lighthouse is probably too divisive for a Best Picture so all I can hope for is Cinematography/Willem Dafoe nominations/win. That having been said, the movie is one of the best of the year and it would be a shame if mediocrity such as Ford Vs. Ferrari takes more awards.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Cordelia.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Cordelia.

For Your Consideration:

Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

The Lighthouse is probably too divisive for a Best Picture so all I can hope for is Cinematography/Willem Dafoe nominations/win. That having been said, the movie is one of the best of the year and it would be a shame if mediocrity such as Ford Vs. Ferrari takes more awards.

Have you seen Ford v Ferrari?

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I found it to be an incredibly acted and shot hallow bore with characters so distant, I couldn’t have given less of a shit about them. I loved The Witch.

I was reluctant ‘re The Witch because I was afraid of what I might see. My friends convinced me that “No, it’s not like that”. And wow.

This is why I want to see The Lighthouse. like, now.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.