Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 498 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Pulp
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Marion is probably Yalitza

You mean stegeo?

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

smh Pulp messes with y’all for once and you engrave it for eternity I’ve been associated with trolls, yes, but I’m not any of them

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes. It’s basic. Rush deserved the Oscar push this got if we want car movie Oscars. Solid performances, but weirdly unremarkable. Also, predictable but you could just look at the title to find out the ending so no surprises there.

I’m sorry to hear this. I usually enjoy car films. I suspected Bale could sneak in on name recognition/talent alone. Maybe not.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sorry to hear this. I usually enjoy car films. I suspected Bale could sneak in on name recognition/talent alone. Maybe not.

FWIW, I think it will be a crowdpleaser and have fans that enjoy it. It wasn’t poorly crafted, just not very exciting. A movie channel staple of the future. Great movie to invite a father to a cinema that has alcohol and food service. I am not really in that crowd, but that crowd will enjoy it.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

FWIW, I think it will be a crowdpleaser and have fans that enjoy it. It wasn’t poorly crafted, just not very exciting. A movie channel staple of the future. Great movie to invite a father to a cinema that has alcohol and food service. I am not really in that crowd, but that crowd will enjoy it.

I was hoping for a nod for Daniel Bruhl for Rush. Hemsworth was great as well. But of course not Academy.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Just finished The Lighthouse. It’s the best movie I have seen in 2019 so far.It is so brilliant in it’s own special way and Eggers is a talent to look forward and I hope he continues like this. Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson are so freaking amazing and makeup a lead duo I never thought I would enjoy and love so much. Both lead performances are so darn on point,I have to say Pattinson is an incredible talent and deserves praise he has been getting,he is so unbelievable in this and I am happy that our new Batman is so awesome. Willem Dafoe delivers arguably better performance,mainly cause of more maturity and experience he has now and there is no way he is Supporting in this movie.He is co-lead as Pattinson. That 16:9 oddly works for this movie and I hope this movie gets BP and BSP nods somehow.

I’m watching it this Sunday. I hope I enjoy it as much as you and many others here did.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not that The Lighthouse is too divisive to make it in. I think the bigger problem is that it’s just not the type of movie they would go for. The academy rarely ever nominates horror movies, and especially not these ones: they’ve never even given any of the other A24 horror films a single nomination. Just sneaking into Cinematography and Supporting Actor will still be a big challenge for this film.

Also, I’m exited to see Ford v Ferrari with my family (my dad and brother are huge car buffs and super exited) but I have a feeling I won’t love it. It will probably be okay, though I’m expecting great things from Bale and the technical aspects of the film.

For Your Consideration.

Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale

Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes. It’s basic. Rush deserved the Oscar push this got if we want car movie Oscars. Solid performances, but weirdly unremarkable. Also, predictable but you could just look at the title to find out the ending so no surprises there.

Interesting. Thanks for the response! Personally, being a car fan, it’s one of my most anticipated films this year. I’m intrigued to see what I think of it afterwards…. Cheers!

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

What did we learn last year? Don’t underestimate Willem.

brb stanning Adam Driver

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Dropping The Lighthouse from my top 10 Best Picture predictions was a sad moment, but one that had to happen. I put it there as a way of manifesting a wish, and in a way I got my wish. The Lighthouse is in the Oscars conversation… for Supporting Actor.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, The Lighthouse could get nods a la Phantom Thread very well. It is that kind of movie. Monochromes better get both nominated.

I was your Prime Minister once.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

While I wasn’t a huge fan of The Lighthouse I would say that the sound editors and mixers might nominate the film in their respective categories; the sound elements were a strong point of the movie, which included a really well integrated musical score as part of it’s sound design. Cinematography is a maybe, and Supporting Actor is the most likely nomination for it.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

You mean stegeo?

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Dropping The Lighthouse from my top 10 Best Picture predictions was a sad moment, but one that had to happen. I put it there as a way of manifesting a wish, and in a way I got my wish. The Lighthouse is in the Oscars conversation… for Supporting Actor.

I’m guessing Cinematography as well. A black-and-white 1.19:1 aspect ratio film shot on old equipment from the 1930’s will be very hard for them to ignore.

For Your Consideration.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t really understand the conversation about me, what happened ?

I wouldn’t go there. Just a suggestion.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.