Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 498 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Pulp
  • FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

God, all these Parasite predictions in BP are really starting to get my hopes up; if it ends up not happening, I will hold all of you accountable for my severe disappointment.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point I think the only one with a chance to beat Scorsese is Mendes. It also could win visual effects.

I agree that Mendes is Scorsese’s biggest threat in director, but I would say Bong is a threat as well. I imagine a whole lot of the the critics groups are going to go for Bong in director since 1917 will still be unseen by most and The Irishman isn’t really showy. Also, the critics adore Parasite.

My personal Top 10 of 2019 so far:
    1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) Joker 5) Jojo Rabbit 6) The Peanut Butter Falcon 7) Marriage Story 8) Luce 9) Yesterday 10) Hotel Mumbai

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Bong Joon-Ho would be an exciting winner

MKnight98
    Participant
    Topics:

Lion King will win Visual Effects like The Jungle Book did in 2016. Or Ad Astra will win like Interstellar/First Man. But I have less confidence in that film since it bombed so hard.

For VFX, I’m thinking either Ad Astra or Irishman takes the win (because “prestige”) with Star Wars as a spoiler/culmination victory. I mean hell, I think there’s good arguments for any of the top 5 contenders right now to win.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  MKnight98.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  MKnight98.
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Pretty sure Avengers will just end up taking the VFX Oscar to celebrate its box office achievement/record and an arguably overdue award since Marvel lost this category more times than Glenn Close has lost an Oscars.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

God, all these Parasite predictions in BP are really starting to get my hopes up; if it ends up not happening, I will hold all of you accountable for my severe disappointment.

I just saw it and will be stanning for Bong Joon-Ho all season. I really hope he wins Director now

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is there only 1 good foreign language movie in Oscar contention every year?There are plenty good non-english movies every year?

Or

Only Best Foreign Picture frontrunner makes the cut mostly?

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

There were 2 foreign languages movies nominated for Director last year which was huge in itself. Especially when Pawlikowski beat precious Bradley for the nom (such a pleasing moment)

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Seven.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Seven.
    LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

Pretty sure Avengers will just end up taking the VFX Oscar to celebrate its box office achievement/record and an arguably overdue award since Marvel lost this category more times than Glenn Close has lost an Oscars.

I badly want this at least. But i think The Irishman is gonna take this too. The superhero bias is realllllll

I just love movies. And awards.

Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

BREAKING:

32 ANIMATED FEATURES SUBMITTED FOR 2019 OSCAR® RACE.

View the list here.

Important note: Some current films listed here on GD are no longer in contention, including Shaun the Sheep: Farmageddon, Wonder Park, UglyDolls, Arctic Dogs and Playmobil: The Movie. There are also some new films listed that will need to be added to GD.

Edit: @chris-beachum and @paul-sheehan please see above.

My username stands for “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, since when Asian directors can win Oscars for foreign movies? The director of Parasite isn’t winning. I have to laugh. A nod would be his award.  Mendes or Scorsese are getting the golden dildo.

I was your Prime Minister once.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, since when Asian directors can win Oscars for foreign movies? The director of Parasite isn’t winning. I have to laugh. A nod would be his award. Mendes or Scorsese are getting the golden dildo.

Quite possibly the “Since when” is now.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Nolan would have won BD for Dunkirk if that was to be the case.

If what was to be the case?

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

If what was to be the case?

You know what I meant but I’ll elaborate.

Much like 1917,Dunkirk showcased war brilliantly,the landscape,the camera work,the editing and cinematography.Not only that Dunkirk got near perfect critical reception and was declared best Nolan work ever by top critics and also adding $550 million it made worldwide but things didn’t happen for Nolan.

Now I know for sure 1917 will be quite the same or maybe even better but it won’t obviously earn as much as Dunkirk.I seriously doubt 1917 earning good against it’s $100 million budget hence chances of major wins look slim.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

There were 2 foreign languages movies nominated for Director last year which was huge in itself. Especially when Pawlikowski beat precious Bradley for the nom (such a pleasing moment)

Cold War is one of the best films of the last few years. It would have been a two-time Oscar winner if Roma wasn’t in contention. Pawlikowski’s nomination was extremely gratifying.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.