Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 188 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
The One and O..
kellis
EsOS
  • madeline
    Participant
    Topics:

I really think it’s Brad’s year. It’s time he won an acting Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

I really think it’s Brad’s year. It’s time he won an acting Oscar.

Ad Astra will further consolidate his Oscar chances though it won’t be huge in itself.I really hope he wins it for OUTIH.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is Margot Robbie so high in the prediction center? I can’t even think of the clip they’d show for her if she gets nominated lol.

I feel like this year looks weak for Best Supporting Actress, and Margot is a highly buzzed actress what with her critical acclaim and Harley Quinn.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly have a gut feeling Margot is getting in BSA, the category looks so weak with Bening fizzling out that it’ll be easy for her to coattail. With all the buzz for OUATIH and voters likely watching for Pitt’s performance, it’s hard for me to imagine her not making it as she was a key character in the marketing for the film. The fact that she was pretty close to being nominated last year for a film with next to no buzz makes me think she’s locked for a nom if OUATIH does well enough.

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly have a gut feeling Margot is getting in BSA, the category looks so weak with Bening fizzling out that it’ll be easy for her to coattail. With all the buzz for OUATIH and voters likely watching for Pitt’s performance, it’s hard for me to imagine her not making it as she was a key character in the marketing for the film. The fact that she was pretty close to being nominated last year for a film with next to no buzz makes me think she’s locked for a nom if OUATIH does well enough.

Exactly. Not to mention, the industry is seemingly loving the film. I don’t get why it’s so hard for people to believe she could coattail her way to a nomination in a not so competitive category. She’ll also have Fair and Balanced, which she’s reportedly the MVP of, that’ll add to her case.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly. Not to mention, the industry is seemingly loving the film. I don’t get why it’s so hard for people to believe she could coattail her way to a nomination in a not so competitive category. She’ll also have Fair and Balanced, which she’s reportedly the MVP of, that’ll add to her case.

If Robbie gets nominated for OUATIH it’ll be the biggest joke the academy has ever pulled, and they have pulled some funny things in the past.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Some points I want to make from the prediction center results:

1. With the overwhelming votes for both Leo and Brad winning, I just … can’t fathom the idea that two most famous Hollywood actors are winning Oscars in the same night. Sorry folks, but that’s sadly just not how Oscar works. One of them has to lose (or both).

2. Margot is definitely getting in, and is a lock for nomination. But predicting her to win is a bit of a stretch!

3. Willem Dafoe may turn out to be stronger than we expect.

4. Stop predicting Meryl and Nicole in every ‘effing thing!

5. Antonio Banderas is also a strong contender and heavily underrated. I think he has a stronger chance to get nominated than Robert De Niro and Tom Hanks!

6. Even though best supporting actress seems weak and virtually unseen up to this moment (Bening and Margot are the only visible ones), placing Anna Paquin and Meryl Streep above Florence Pugh (the real MVP of Little woman), Octavia Spencer, Maggie Smith and Scarlett Johansson is ridiculous!

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

If Robbie gets nominated for OUATIH it’ll be the biggest joke the academy has ever pulled, and they have pulled some funny things in the past.

Just because that’s how you feel about it, doesn’t mean it’s going to stop it from happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

4. Stop predicting Meryl and Nicole in every ‘effing thing!

I agree about Kidman, but Meryl is nominated for pretty much everything. She won’t happen for Little Women, but she’s definitely happening for The Laundromat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw The Farewell last night and was incredibly impressed. I thought the movie was profoundly beautiful, thought-provoking, and hilarious. I was predicting it in Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actress, and Screenplay before seeing it. However, my three friends who I saw it with (none of whom are cinephiles or spend hours a week on forums like this lol) all had a pretty muted response to it. They said they “liked it fine” but seemed less enthused or passionate about it. Without giving anything away, the movie does not go for a big emotional gut punch scene in the way of other melodramas like Lion does in an attempt to leave the audience in shambles. Instead, The Farewell is grounded in realism and I worry for that reason that the film will struggle to generate enough passion to collect number 1 votes with Academy members.

I hope I’m wrong, and for now I will still keep it low on all my predicted categories. But if the rest of the year comes in heavy I’m afraid this small and wonderful movie will fall off.

My personal Top 5 of 2019 so far:
    1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) Joker 5) Jojo Rabbit

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Margot Robbie is getting in. She was delicious in Once and Always Trash in Hollywood. The only good thing. Her cinema scene should earn her a dildo for her vagina.

I was your Prime Minister once.

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

In which world did Kidman deliver two powerhouse performances in Destroyer and Boy Erased? Her performances were pretty forgettable, just like the movies themselves, and something tells me that with The Goldfinch and The Untitled Jay Roach Project it won’t be any different …

In a “weak” / fractured supporting actress race like last year, I think Kidman was more deserving for Boy Erased than most of the nominees in the category. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the movie but I think she was great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Word is out for The Joker,it’s a stunning Scorese-Esque movie.
    Mr Phenoix stans as me should start celebrating his Oscar already.
    Film is projected to open $80-90 million in it’s opening weekend against a $55 million budget.

ReplyCopy URL
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

Word is out for The Joker,it’s a stunning Scorese-Esque movie. Mr Phenoix stans as me should start celebrating his Oscar already. Film is projected to open $80-90 million in it’s opening weekend against a $55 million budget.

Box Office Pro is predicting a 77M opening and they are usually wrong. I would guess something closer to 45-55M.

That is the truth.

No exceptions.

A Rival To Thatcher’s Reign.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Box Office Pro is predicting a 77M opening and they are usually wrong. I would guess something closer to 45-55M.

No,55m for this movie is too low.Word of mouth will be brilliant at VFF and TIFF and it’s not also very long movie.It’s gonna be massive considering it’s budget.Joaquin is really winning it finally.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.