Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 274 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
teri
Cordelia
John Berchmans
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Ford vs Ferrari is a well made especially well directed movie and it’s a “crowd pleaser”.I think it’s chances at nominations depend on it’s box office numbers against it’s $110 million budget.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

Variety’s Actors on Actors lineup has been announced (source)

This season will feature the following actor pairings and conversations: Brad Pitt (“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”) with Adam Sandler (“Uncut Gems”); Jennifer Lopez (“Hustlers”) with Robert Pattinson (“The Lighthouse”); Tom Hanks (“A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood”) with Renée Zellweger (“Judy”); Antonio Banderas (“Pain and Glory”) with Eddie Murphy (“Dolemite Is My Name”); Adam Driver (“Marriage Story”) with Charlize Theron (“Bombshell”); Shia LaBeouf (“Honey Boy”) with Kristen Stewart (“Seberg”); Mindy Kaling (“Late Night”) with Constance Wu (“Hustlers”); Chris Evans (“Knives Out”) with Scarlett Johansson (“Marriage Story”); Laura Dern (“Marriage Story”) with Sterling K. Brown (“Waves”); Beanie Feldstein (“Booksmart”) with Florence Pugh (“Little Women”); Awkwafina (“The Farewell”) with Taron Egerton (“Rocketman”); and Cynthia Erivo (“Harriet”) with Alfre Woodard (“Clemency”).

ReplyCopy URL
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

So Brad Pitt decided (or was forced) to campaign.

And 3 Marriage Story contenders. Netflix is really betting on them for acting awards

FYC: Best International Film - The Invisible Life (Brazil)

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

JLo with Pattinson? Jenny about to do some Oscary acting when she pretends she saw The Lighthouse.

Variety being messy and giving the internet what they want by pairing Scarjo + Chris Evans.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura Dern (“Marriage Story”) with Sterling K. Brown (“Waves”)

Aww man, I wish they paired her with basically anyone else.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao why is Chris Evans even being interviewed for Knives Out? They should’ve paired Beanie and Florence with older actresses like Laura or ScarJo. I have so many questions for these pairings.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Aww man, I wish they paired her with basically anyone else.

Lol. Mind if I ask why ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao why is Chris Evans even being interviewed for Knives Out? I have so many questions for these pairings.

they’re trying to make Scarjo change her mind and go with her actual soulmate.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder who they think they’re fooling.

ReplyCopy URL
    NoLogo
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao why is Chris Evans even being interviewed for Knives Out? They should’ve paired Beanie and Florence with older actresses like Laura or ScarJo. I have so many questions for these pairings.

Any chance to see that fine specimen in action is fine by me, lovely!

I do agree though. If any actor from Knives Out has a chance of receiving any end of year accolades, it’ll be Curtis or Collette.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Mindy Kaling and Constance Wu… they really had to find the most likable celebrity possible to pair Constance Wu with so that people would actually watch her.

ReplyCopy URL
    LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

JLo with Pattinson? Jenny about to do some Oscary acting when she pretends she saw The Lighthouse.

LMFAO

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

This was,is and turning into be a brilliant year for Movies.I hope that winners this year especially Best Picture Winner reflect that.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

November 8, 2019 at 6:20 am#1203170846
    Variety’s Actors on Actors lineup has been announced (source)

This season will feature the following actor pairings and conversations: Brad Pitt (“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”) with Adam Sandler (“Uncut Gems”); Jennifer Lopez (“Hustlers”) with Robert Pattinson (“The Lighthouse”); Tom Hanks (“A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood”) with Renée Zellweger (“Judy”); Antonio Banderas (“Pain and Glory”) with Eddie Murphy (“Dolemite Is My Name”); Adam Driver (“Marriage Story”) with Charlize Theron (“Bombshell”); Shia LaBeouf (“Honey Boy”) with Kristen Stewart (“Seberg”); Mindy Kaling (“Late Night”) with Constance Wu (“Hustlers”); Chris Evans (“Knives Out”) with Scarlett Johansson (“Marriage Story”); Laura Dern (“Marriage Story”) with Sterling K. Brown (“Waves”); Beanie Feldstein (“Booksmart”) with Florence Pugh (“Little Women”); Awkwafina (“The Farewell”) with Taron Egerton (“Rocketman”); and Cynthia Erivo (“Harriet”) with Alfre Woodard (“Clemency”).

This is how it should have gone:

Beanie Feldstein and Mindy Kaling; Charlize Theron and Jennifer Lopez; Florence Pugh and Brad Pitt; Renée Zellweger and Alfre Woodard; Laura Dern and Kristen Stewart; Taron Egerton and Scarlett Johansson; Awkwafina and Eddie Murphy; Adam Driver and Cynthia Erivo; Tom Hanks and Robert Pattinson; Constance Wu and Chris Evans; Adam Sandler and Shia LeBeouf; Antonio Banderas and Sterling K. Brown

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Once Upon a Time in Hollywood could fizzle out and not do as well as expected come Oscar nominations. As other films are being released, I just feel like the buzz is fading for OUATH, and with its “early” release I can just see it being left off of many voters lists. At this point, I’m starting to think DiCaprio could miss.

Anyone else feel this way, or am I just crazy?

Thats what always happens with earlier films. “Buzz” is the most overrated tool of predicting ever. I mean The Hurt Locker made about 5 dollars at box office in the summer and took down Avatar which had all the “buzz” and money in the world. Or we can even look at last year with Green Book that had toxic “buzz” and Roma had the greatest film ever made “buzz” and Green Book won. Get Out didnt have any “buzz” at this point in the race. Mad Max Fury Road didnt have any “buzz” at this point.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 274 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.