Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 488 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Cordelia
  • Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

JLo with Pattinson? Jenny about to do some Oscary acting when she pretends she saw The Lighthouse.

Variety being messy and giving the internet what they want by pairing Scarjo + Chris Evans.

Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

Laura Dern (“Marriage Story”) with Sterling K. Brown (“Waves”)

Aww man, I wish they paired her with basically anyone else.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Lmao why is Chris Evans even being interviewed for Knives Out? They should’ve paired Beanie and Florence with older actresses like Laura or ScarJo. I have so many questions for these pairings.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Aww man, I wish they paired her with basically anyone else.

Lol. Mind if I ask why ?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Lmao why is Chris Evans even being interviewed for Knives Out? I have so many questions for these pairings.

they’re trying to make Scarjo change her mind and go with her actual soulmate.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I wonder who they think they’re fooling.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Mindy Kaling and Constance Wu… they really had to find the most likable celebrity possible to pair Constance Wu with so that people would actually watch her.

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

JLo with Pattinson? Jenny about to do some Oscary acting when she pretends she saw The Lighthouse.

LMFAO

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

This was,is and turning into be a brilliant year for Movies.I hope that winners this year especially Best Picture Winner reflect that.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

November 8, 2019 at 6:20 am#1203170846
    Variety’s Actors on Actors lineup has been announced (source)

This season will feature the following actor pairings and conversations: Brad Pitt (“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”) with Adam Sandler (“Uncut Gems”); Jennifer Lopez (“Hustlers”) with Robert Pattinson (“The Lighthouse”); Tom Hanks (“A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood”) with Renée Zellweger (“Judy”); Antonio Banderas (“Pain and Glory”) with Eddie Murphy (“Dolemite Is My Name”); Adam Driver (“Marriage Story”) with Charlize Theron (“Bombshell”); Shia LaBeouf (“Honey Boy”) with Kristen Stewart (“Seberg”); Mindy Kaling (“Late Night”) with Constance Wu (“Hustlers”); Chris Evans (“Knives Out”) with Scarlett Johansson (“Marriage Story”); Laura Dern (“Marriage Story”) with Sterling K. Brown (“Waves”); Beanie Feldstein (“Booksmart”) with Florence Pugh (“Little Women”); Awkwafina (“The Farewell”) with Taron Egerton (“Rocketman”); and Cynthia Erivo (“Harriet”) with Alfre Woodard (“Clemency”).

This is how it should have gone:

Beanie Feldstein and Mindy Kaling; Charlize Theron and Jennifer Lopez; Florence Pugh and Brad Pitt; Renée Zellweger and Alfre Woodard; Laura Dern and Kristen Stewart; Taron Egerton and Scarlett Johansson; Awkwafina and Eddie Murphy; Adam Driver and Cynthia Erivo; Tom Hanks and Robert Pattinson; Constance Wu and Chris Evans; Adam Sandler and Shia LeBeouf; Antonio Banderas and Sterling K. Brown

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Once Upon a Time in Hollywood could fizzle out and not do as well as expected come Oscar nominations. As other films are being released, I just feel like the buzz is fading for OUATH, and with its “early” release I can just see it being left off of many voters lists. At this point, I’m starting to think DiCaprio could miss.

Anyone else feel this way, or am I just crazy?

Thats what always happens with earlier films. “Buzz” is the most overrated tool of predicting ever. I mean The Hurt Locker made about 5 dollars at box office in the summer and took down Avatar which had all the “buzz” and money in the world. Or we can even look at last year with Green Book that had toxic “buzz” and Roma had the greatest film ever made “buzz” and Green Book won. Get Out didnt have any “buzz” at this point in the race. Mad Max Fury Road didnt have any “buzz” at this point.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Agree JackO. Buzzes go up and down and then up again.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I love Actors I’m Actors but those pairings are TRASH. JLo and Pattinson is laughable. Beanie and Florence will be sweet but like Beanie doesn’t need to hear what Greta’s like as a director. I do find Awkwafina and Egerton to be an actual inspired pick though.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Anne Thompson discussed some things about a few contenders on her latest podcast:

MARRIAGE STORY: Said she has always been “Gung ho” about the film’s Oscar chances, feels that it will play really well with the Actors branch, states Driver as the frontrunner and while Johansson is not, says out of all the contenders she sees this film as the most likeable one and it has a good chance at BP because “everyone likes it”

JOKER: Sees this film doing well tech nominations, states that the AMPAS voters she has spoken to about this film aren’t discussing it positively; “They’re not talking about JOKER”, believes the film’s in the mix, says “sometimes when you’re too successful it can be bad, look at A Star Is Born”

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD: Doesn’t say much but that AMPAS adore Tarantino and that he is overdue for Director and could win.

PARASITE: Thinks Bong Joon-ho will get in Director and Screenplay, says it will get a lot of nominations including Production Design, doesn’t see it winning Best Picture.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Anne Thompson discussed some things about a few contenders on her latest podcast:

Exactly what I said about Marriage Story.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.