Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 488 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Cordelia
  • Profile picture
    Greg
    Topics:

Sooooo Frozen 2 is starting with a 80% rotten tomatoes score and 67 on metacritic… Toy Story 4 and How to Train your Dragon 3 are now the frontrunners.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I would love for How To Train Your Dragon 3 to win.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Maybe this is delusion, but I think “The Lighthouse” will pull an “Ex Machina” and take one of those tech categories.

Right now I’m only predicting The Lighthouse in two categories. You probably know which 2. I think it’s 2nd in Cinematography, but it will have to beat 1917 to take that, which is a gargantuan task. Only if 1917 bombs critically will it lose Cinematography.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Right now I’m only predicting The Lighthouse in two categories. You probably know which 2. I think it’s 2nd in Cinematography, but it will have to beat 1917 to take that, which is a gargantuan task. Only if 1917 bombs critically will it lose Cinematography.

it might even win even should it bomb and considering the success Midway is showing it’s doubtful.
    This is the master Roger Deakins.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Saw The LightHouse and Waves today. Now that was a day!

So the Lighthouse was pretty good. This isnt getting anywhere near BP but cinematography and Dafoe are locked. I thought Dafoe was better here than he was in Florida Project. Pattison is pretty good too but I dont think he makes my top 5 for the year.

Waves. Well let me say up front that you should see this knowing as little as possible. I thought it was fine leaving the theater but as I was thinking about driving home, my feelings got a bit worse for it. I feel that whoever initially tried to compare this to moonlight because it had a young diverse cast and a colorful aesthetic probably killed it’s oscar chances dead. This aint Moonlight. Sterling K Brown and Kelvin Harrison are pretty great. But I don’t feel like either are significant contenders in any way. Brown reminds me a bit like Kaluuya in Widows in terms of the effectiveness of role compared to screentime and nom potential. There are only so many spots for non-BP contenders and Dafoe has already got one spot. I got a lot more to say but will wait till more people have seen it.

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

I would love for How To Train Your Dragon 3 to win.

The second one should’ve won too.

FYC:
    Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher - Phoebe Bridgers: Alternative album

Megan Thee Stallion: BNA
    Savage (Remix): ROTY, Rap sung performance

folklore - Taylor Swift: Pop Vocal Album
    exile - Taylor Swift & Bon Iver: Pop Duo or Group
    betty - Taylor Swift: Country Song

Jaime - Brittany Howard: AOTY

Rina Sawayama: BNA

Caution - The Killers: Rock Performance

Women in Music Pt. III - HAIM: Alternative Album

Petals for Armor- Hayley Williams: Rock Album
    Dead Horse - Hayley W

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Saw The LightHouse and Waves today. Now that was a day!

So the Lighthouse was pretty good. This isnt getting anywhere near BP but cinematography and Dafoe are locked. I thought Dafoe was better here than he was in Florida Project. Pattison is pretty good too but I dont think he makes my top 5 for the year.

Waves. Well let me say up front that you should see this knowing as little as possible. I thought it was fine leaving the theater but as I was thinking about driving home, my feelings got a bit worse for it. I feel that whoever initially tried to compare this to moonlight because it had a young diverse cast and a colorful aesthetic probably killed it’s oscar chances dead. This aint Moonlight. Sterling K Brown and Kelvin Harrison are pretty great. But I don’t feel like either are significant contenders in any way. Brown reminds me a bit like Kaluuya in Widows in terms of the effectiveness of role compared to screentime and nom potential. There are only so many spots for non-BP contenders and Dafoe has already got one spot. I got a lot more to say but will wait till more people have seen it.

Dafoe’s perf traumatized me. I’m not going to forget it.
    I’ve mostly forgotten about Waves.

Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

Sooooo Frozen 2 is starting with a 80% rotten tomatoes score and 67 on metacritic… Toy Story 4 and How to Train your Dragon 3 are now the frontrunners.

Toy Story 4 has been a lock for years, since the film was announced.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

I totally love Dafoe in The Lighthouse but it’s getting really annoying to see him get all this praise and oscar buzz while the lead of the film, who’s just as good as Dafoe gets nothing.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

The second one should’ve won too.

Should’ve been The LEGO Movie. One of the worst snubs of the decade.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Poor Doctor Sleep.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2484815/doctor-sleep-could-lose-some-serious-money-at-the-box-office

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I totally love Dafoe in The Lighthouse but it’s getting really annoying to see him get all this praise and oscar buzz while the lead of the film, who’s just as good as Dafoe gets nothing.

Take solace in knowing we all agree with you. lol

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I’ll post this here so you don’t have to go back a page.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2484815/doctor-sleep-could-lose-some-serious-money-at-the-box-office

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by teri.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by teri.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Last night I watched The Irishman and have to say that it should win Picture. De Niro and Pesci were amazing. Pesci should win supporting actor. Director should be between  Bong Joon Ho and Martin Scorsese.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Who on this forum was saying “nOtHinG bUt RaVeS” when the early reactions came out? This is why I wait for the actual reviews.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.