Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 488 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Cordelia
  • Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Having watched Ford vs Ferrari now twice in theatres. I think it’s safe to say it’s better than Once Upon A Time In Hollywood as a movie. James Mangold who’s direction is BEST part about Ford vs Ferrari deserves to be a BD nominee ahead of Quentin Tarantino for Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

Darling, I agree. But it isn’t that difficult to be better than that self-indulgent rubbish.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Theres no way I could sit through Ford v Ferrari more than once. Its way too long and its so basic. No offense to the fanboys.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5o6pMRr6A

What a beautiful trailer.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5o6pMRr6A

What a beautiful trailer.

I’m assuming that it is. I don’t want to see it as I’ve had my ticket and seat reserved for over a month. ($5.00 Canadian)

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

I’m assuming that it is. I don’t want to see it as I’ve had my ticket and seat reserved for over a month. ($5.00 Canadian)

You’re extremely fortunate that your country is playing it in theatres.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

You’re extremely fortunate that your country is playing it in theatres.

It’s not my country. It’s a theatre owner I’ve known for over 20 years and he’s done something like this before.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, Miscarriage Story was a total letdown for my classy taste. I cannot believe how disappointing it was. What was that Disney music supposed to mean? I have to laugh.

Divorcing really delivered the most compelling performance in the cast. Without a doubt. Sometimes I liked Nose, but he tried too much and Baumbach was really team Nose so shamelessly. The film isn’t even as impartial as it was sold on the trailers.

I really ended hating Nose and stanning Divorcing so much. And Dern… well, I always enjoy her being shouty but she did the same this year in BLL but much better and more iconic. I really doubt she’s a lock for the dildo. And well… the script had its decent moments but it is really elitist rubbish most of the time. Thatcher is extremely disappointed.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Darlings, Miscarriage Story was a total letdown for my classy taste. I cannot believe how disappointing it was. What was that Disney music supposed to mean? I have to laugh.

Divorcing really delivered the most compelling performance in the cast. Without a doubt. Sometimes I liked Nose, but he tried too much and Baumbach was really team Nose so shamelessly. The film isn’t even as impartial as it was sold on the trailers.

I really ended hating Nose and stanning Divorcing so much. And Dern… well, I always enjoy her being shouty but she did the same this year in BLL but much better and more iconic. I really doubt she’s a lock for the dildo. And well… the script had its decent moments but it is really elitist rubbish most of the time. Thatcher is extremely disappointed.

Writing a post which will piss off many users on Derby.

Using GIF of one of most hated TV character.

Woah

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Hammad Asif.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Hammad Asif.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

We warned you. We told you many times. and we warned you over and over again. Time to join the winning team.

Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

Divorcing really delivered the most compelling performance in the cast. Without a doubt. Sometimes I liked Nose, but he tried too much and Baumbach was really team Nose so shamelessly.<b> The film isn’t even as impartial as it was sold on the trailers. I really ended hating Nose and stanning Divorcing so much</b>.

funny you say that as it is a testament to how good the film is. It proves the point that MS is impartial. People coming out of the cinema half of them sided with Nicole/Scarlett half sided with Charlie/Adam.

Some people were adamant Nicole was wrong and to blame and others insisted Charlie was the villain. Both characters have deep flaws so every audience member projects different life, relationship experiences and relatability onto the characters and that’s where the divergence in peoples sympathies lie.

Scarlett is given more opportunity for subtle acting and Adam has showier acting opportunities hence this distinction means people who appreciate different acting side with one or another.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

The more I think about Marriage Story, the more it shrinks on me. They didn’t really give Adam Driver’s character arc a satisfying conclusion, so they gave him a musical number that’s only tangentially related.

Incidentally, OUATIH and The Irishman have also shrunk on me. The Irishman I would be calling mid-tier Scorcese if not for the final half-hour recontextualizing it as something better, and OUATIH is sloppy.

Re: Who’s to blame in Marriage Story – my answer is the court system. They were getting along well even though they were divorcing UNTIL the lawyers started making personal attacks and power plays.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I’m starting to get the feeling I’m not going to like Marriage Story that much based on what I’m hearing on these forums, which is a real shame.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

The more I think about Marriage Story, the more it shrinks on me. They didn’t really give Adam Driver’s character arc a satisfying conclusion, so they gave him a musical number that’s only tangentially related.

wow now THIS is interesting because I thought the complete opposite. Charlie gets the better arc, there’s a reason why the film doesn’t end on that performance. There’s scene on the top of the stairs at the end, maybe you thought it was a throwaway line but that entire moment sealed Charlie’s arc and journey.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The more I think about Marriage Story, the more it shrinks on me. They didn’t really give Adam Driver’s character arc a satisfying conclusion, so they gave him a musical number that’s only tangentially related. Incidentally, OUATIH and The Irishman have also shrunk on me. The Irishman I would be calling mid-tier Scorcese if not for the final half-hour recontextualizing it as something better, and OUATIH is sloppy. Re: Who’s to blame in Marriage Story – my answer is the court system. They were getting along well even though they were divorcing UNTIL the lawyers started making personal attacks and power plays.

Join the Jojo Rabbit and Joker gang Cordelia! We have lots of pie and cookies.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

wow now THIS is interesting because I thought the complete opposite. Charlie gets the better arc, there’s a reason why the film doesn’t end on that performance. There’s scene on the top of the stairs at the end, maybe you thought it was a throwaway line but that entire moment sealed Charlie’s arc and journey.

Agreed.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.