Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 496 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Cordelia
  • Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/kylebuchanan/status/1196173549733441536?s=20

I hope The Farewell gets in BP, it really deserves it. Love that Zhao Shuzhen is campaigning too!

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I just don’t feel confident about Netflix getting 3 films into Best Picture. Not just because of bias, but also: when was the last time a studio other than Fox did it? That’s a really hard feat to pull off.

Here’s a question as an answer – when was the last time a studio had a lineup this good for the Oscars? When was the last time one studio have as many quality contenders for performance awards (Marriage Story, The Irishman, The Two Popes, Dolemite Is My Name)?

It’s not unprecedented per se – there are some really lopsided years in the 60s – but I think Netflix has the films that hit different demographics to potentially pull it off.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

thesmark88
    Participant
    Topics:

Interestingly enough, it looked at one point that Sony of all people might have 3 Best Picture nominees this year: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Little Women and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. The last two have had their buzz cool off a bit, but they’re also a possibility.

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

When are MS, Irishman and 2 Popes heading to Netflix?

I just love movies. And awards.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Having watched Ford vs Ferrari now twice in theatres.

I think it’s safe to say it’s better than Once Upon A Time In Hollywood as a movie.

James Mangold who’s direction is BEST part about Ford vs Ferrari deserves to be a BD nominee ahead of Quentin Tarantino for Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

Having watched Ford vs Ferrari now twice in theatres. I think it’s safe to say it’s better than Once Upon A Time In Hollywood as a movie. James Mangold who’s direction is BEST part about Ford vs Ferrari deserves to be a BD nominee ahead of Quentin Tarantino for Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

I’m seeing FvF tomorrow. I can’t wait! Funny that you should mention that Re the directing. Like you said, I’m actually not predicting Tarantino and have instead replaced him with Mangold. Bold prediction, I know, but I feel very confident in it.

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Having watched Ford vs Ferrari now twice in theatres. I think it’s safe to say it’s better than Once Upon A Time In Hollywood as a movie. James Mangold who’s direction is BEST part about Ford vs Ferrari deserves to be a BD nominee ahead of Quentin Tarantino for Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

Darling, I agree. But it isn’t that difficult to be better than that self-indulgent rubbish.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Theres no way I could sit through Ford v Ferrari more than once. Its way too long and its so basic. No offense to the fanboys.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5o6pMRr6A

What a beautiful trailer.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5o6pMRr6A

What a beautiful trailer.

I’m assuming that it is. I don’t want to see it as I’ve had my ticket and seat reserved for over a month. ($5.00 Canadian)

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m assuming that it is. I don’t want to see it as I’ve had my ticket and seat reserved for over a month. ($5.00 Canadian)

You’re extremely fortunate that your country is playing it in theatres.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re extremely fortunate that your country is playing it in theatres.

It’s not my country. It’s a theatre owner I’ve known for over 20 years and he’s done something like this before.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Miscarriage Story was a total letdown for my classy taste. I cannot believe how disappointing it was. What was that Disney music supposed to mean? I have to laugh.

Divorcing really delivered the most compelling performance in the cast. Without a doubt. Sometimes I liked Nose, but he tried too much and Baumbach was really team Nose so shamelessly. The film isn’t even as impartial as it was sold on the trailers.

I really ended hating Nose and stanning Divorcing so much. And Dern… well, I always enjoy her being shouty but she did the same this year in BLL but much better and more iconic. I really doubt she’s a lock for the dildo. And well… the script had its decent moments but it is really elitist rubbish most of the time. Thatcher is extremely disappointed.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Miscarriage Story was a total letdown for my classy taste. I cannot believe how disappointing it was. What was that Disney music supposed to mean? I have to laugh.

Divorcing really delivered the most compelling performance in the cast. Without a doubt. Sometimes I liked Nose, but he tried too much and Baumbach was really team Nose so shamelessly. The film isn’t even as impartial as it was sold on the trailers.

I really ended hating Nose and stanning Divorcing so much. And Dern… well, I always enjoy her being shouty but she did the same this year in BLL but much better and more iconic. I really doubt she’s a lock for the dildo. And well… the script had its decent moments but it is really elitist rubbish most of the time. Thatcher is extremely disappointed.

Writing a post which will piss off many users on Derby.

Using GIF of one of most hated TV character.

Woah

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Hammad Asif.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Hammad Asif.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

We warned you. We told you many times. and we warned you over and over again. Time to join the winning team.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.