Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 488 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
John Berchmans
Cordelia
  • Profile picture
    thesmark88
    Topics:

San Francisco Film Festival Award Winners: SFFILM Award for Acting – Adam Driver Irving M. Levin Award for Film Direction – Marielle Heller Kanbar Award for Storytelling – Lulu Wang SFFILM Special Award for Breakthrough Directing – Chinonye Chukwu

It’s not a festival, it’s 4 honorees for a fundraising dinner they’re having

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

It’s not a festival, it’s 4 honorees for a fundraising dinner they’re having

whoops my bad

Eddie Redmayne is being campaigned in supporting actor according to amazon’s website. Do we have a new contender… for biggest category fraud of the year?

won’t make a difference because he’s not gonna be nominated either way hhaha

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

San Francisco Film Festival Award Winners: SFFILM Award for Acting – Adam Driver Irving M. Levin Award for Film Direction – Marielle Heller Kanbar Award for Storytelling – Lulu Wang SFFILM Special Award for Breakthrough Directing – Chinonye Chukwu

Yeeeessss Adam and Lulu. 💓

Profile picture
    justonemorething
    Topics:

“Pain and Glory” was a really beautiful film. Penelope Cruz is very good, but I don’t think her work will get a nomination. Same goes for supporting actor Asier Etxeandia – but he has a baity monologue. I preferred Leonardo Sbaraglia’s performance, but he’s not even in the mix. For the first two thirds I was wondering what the hype about Banderas was as I was getting bored with the film becoming a series of flashbacks aided by heroin trips – then he and his former lover reunite and it was such a heartbreakingly subtle interaction that sold me on his worthiness. I don’t think the film will be competitive outside of actor, which is unfortunate because it is so rich in color and composition.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Eddie Redmayne is being campaigned in supporting actor according to amazon’s website. Do we have a new contender… for biggest category fraud of the year?

I think he is supporting to Felicity Jones. That’s not as bad a category fraud as some this year.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

First Richard Jewell reaction from Sasha Stone who singles out Rockwell

oh man, Clint’s still got it. Richard Jewell is GOOD. It will get picked apart for a variety of things but it’s well acted, well directed and well written by a guy who knows how to make movies. And Sam Rockwell is fantastic.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

More Rockwell buzz from Kyle Buchanan

RICHARD JEWELL just screened and my hunch is we’ll have to keep the Oscars’ Annual Sam Rockwell Slot open for Sam Rockwell

Rockwell buzz keeps going – Ellwood

Richard Jewell is exactly what you’d suspect but also at times dramatically inert. The cast – especially a great Sam Rockwell – try to save it but it’s all just too drawn out.

Yeah it’s not happening. Other than the usual basic suspects this is getting mixed WOM out of the gate.

The heroes of #RichardJewell are very clearly
    @PaulWHauser
    & Sam Rockwell, while the overall film doesn’t rise to an awards level, both Paul & Sam deliver the goods, would be solid contenders in years other than this but both best actor & best supporting actor are just too loaded

Poland confirms

Sad to say that Richard Jewell is a non-starter in the awards race. Eastwood has become a consummate minimalist in his old age, bordering on being a scripted documentarian. RJ is a good story, mostly well told… but doesn’t really have a bigger idea.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by PJ Edwards.
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

“Pain and Glory” was a really beautiful film. Penelope Cruz is very good, but I don’t think her work will get a nomination. Same goes for supporting actor Asier Etxeandia – but he has a baity monologue. I preferred Leonardo Sbaraglia’s performance, but he’s not even in the mix. For the first two thirds I was wondering what the hype about Banderas was as I was getting bored with the film becoming a series of flashbacks aided by heroin trips – then he and his former lover reunite and it was such a heartbreakingly subtle interaction that sold me on his worthiness. I don’t think the film will be competitive outside of actor, which is unfortunate because it is so rich in color and composition.

This is one of those I missed and have to wait to see. How frustrating is that. Cruz is still in my top 5 despite not having seen it.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

More Rockwell buzz from Kyle Buchanan

How sure the film isn’t happening? isn’t it a bit premature to dismiss It?

Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

the academy love Rockwell even if this preliminary good buzz fizzles out I could see him getting another supporting actor nom. As for Hauser I still think he hasn’t built enough street cred to challenge the bloodbath in best actor already.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

the academy love Rockwell even if this preliminary good buzz fizzles out I could see him getting another supporting actor nom. As for Hauser I still think he hasn’t built enough street cred to challenge the bloodbath in best actor already.

I have confidence that Rockwell is happening despite my bias in his favour. lol. But the film itself not happening I don’t 100% that it won’t.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

welp it’s real. Eastwood went full MAGA. Buchanan reports.

For Olivia Wilde to follow BOOKSMART by playing a female reporter in RICHARD JEWELL who fucks for scoops and screams “Doesn’t get me hard!!” at boring stories… well, choices were made

D.O.A.

EDIT: I find it ironic that real journalists broke the story about eastwood ripping on journalists before his MAGA movie came out.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

welp it’s real. Eastwood went full MAGA. Buchanan reports.

D.O.A.

Gotta feel for M Martin.

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

welp it’s real. Eastwood went full MAGA. Buchanan reports. D.O.A. EDIT: I find it ironic that real journalists broke the story about eastwood ripping on journalists before his MAGA movie came out.

*pretends to be shocked*

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.