Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 488 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
John Berchmans
Cordelia
  • Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

welp it’s real. Eastwood went full MAGA. Buchanan reports. D.O.A. EDIT: I find it ironic that real journalists broke the story about eastwood ripping on journalists before his MAGA movie came out.

This sounds

A) terrible

B) like it might still get Oscars attention

Sasha Stone – “Clint’s still got it.”

Scott Mantz – “A Triumph and an Oscar-contender on every level”

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

This sounds

A) terrible

yes he’s still got a shot for at least a nom in a key guild. He won’t beat Joon-Ho but there’s a small potential with PGA

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

This sounds

A) terrible

It wont get oscars attention if reviews are as bad as the ones coming in. Not even Stone’s inflated MC score is gonna save it with some of the early reviews out now.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

It wont get oscars attention if reviews are as bad as the ones coming in. Not even Stone’s inflated MC score is gonna save it with some of the early reviews out now.

So you think zero chance for a lone nomination for Clint in either guild if the critical response isn’t fully across the board stellar.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by teri.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by teri.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Tidbit:Joker getting nominating for Best Picture will give Bradley Cooper his 8th nomination of his career as an entertainer.

That will be 8 noms for Cooper in 7 years.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I do think Richard Jewell could potentially happen, as it appeals to conservative older members of the Oscars voting base. American Sniper and Hacksaw Ridge provide examples of movies that got Best Picture nominations heavily oweing to support from conservative older voters. I’m not sure what else would – The Irishman might be a little too bleak and focused on moral regret.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

I do think Richard Jewell could potentially happen, as it appeals to conservative older members of the Oscars voting base. American Sniper and Hacksaw Ridge provide examples of movies that got Best Picture nominations heavily oweing to support from conservative older voters. I’m not sure what else would – The Irishman might be a little too bleak and focused on moral regret.

we’ll see, I still think those will pick Ford v Ferrari over Richard Jewell.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

“Pain and Glory” was a really beautiful film. Penelope Cruz is very good, but I don’t think her work will get a nomination. Same goes for supporting actor Asier Etxeandia – but he has a baity monologue. I preferred Leonardo Sbaraglia’s performance, but he’s not even in the mix. For the first two thirds I was wondering what the hype about Banderas was as I was getting bored with the film becoming a series of flashbacks aided by heroin trips – then he and his former lover reunite and it was such a heartbreakingly subtle interaction that sold me on his worthiness. I don’t think the film will be competitive outside of actor, which is unfortunate because it is so rich in color and composition.

Unfortunately Extraordinary Etxeandia isn’t even being campaigned by his studio, despite being win worthy in that category, so he doesn’t even stand a chance of a nomination. Sad times.

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

First Richard Jewell reaction from Sasha Stone who singles out Rockwell

Damn it, Sam Rockwell’s going to get vote split between this and Jojo Rabbit isn’t he.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I’m not sure what else would

Ford v Ferrari

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

From what I’ve seen on Twitter, there seems to be a lot of buzz surrounding Kathy Bates and her performance. I’m wondering if she could sneak in that fifth spot in Supporting Actress?

She looked the strongest to me from the trailer alone!
    I could see Hauser possibly getting a surprise Globe or SAG nomination but I feel like Best Actor is too crowded.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Hacksaw Ridge is a great film and I’m pretty sure that the “conservative older members” weren’t the only ones voting for it.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Nikhil
    Topics:

I think both Americans Sniper and Hacksaw succeeded due to the fact that they were entertaining films (even though the moral center of the film skewed right/older). Ford v. Ferrari seems to fit this mold the best this year although I actually think that if Richard Jewell’s success steals votes from any other film it would be FvF.

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

Profile picture
    Nikhil
    Topics:

This sounds

A) terrible

Mantz and Stone are very good at this. The films they proclaim as awards contenders often find themselves into the mix because they are clearly on a similar wavelength to actual Academy voters. I’m not saying one way or another yet, but I think it is far too early to be completely dismissive of Richard Jewell.

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

Profile picture
    MrGoodWood
    Topics:

It’s Clint Eastwood with a movie in which journalists aren’t portrayed positively. And there is people who expected stellar reviews?

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.