Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Hammad Asif
PJ Edwards
  • babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

“Banker” crew defends film

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/apple-the-banker-sex-abuse-scandal-anthony-mackie-samuel-l-jackson-1203420929/

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

AnotherVice
    Participant
    Topics:

So you think a minimally talented dancer turned actress turned singer in one decent role would beat Hollywood royalty who has done stellar work for years? Righttt…. and I’m Santa Claus. If JLo can somehow get an Oscar nom (something Madonna and Courtney Love couldn’t get) that will be the win for her.

You’re totally right! I forgot how having stellar careers totally helped Glenn Close and Amy Adams scored their very first academy awards after being the most overdue living actresses in Hollywood. And how could I forget about Oscar winner Bradley Cooper who after many years of knocking at the Academy’s door they finally rewarded him on the year he directed, wrote and acted in a critically acclaimed commercial hit!

You might have your opinion on her talent -which is that, just an opinion- but the facts are there: Her film is a box office success, and she has one of the most acclaimed supporting performances of the year. TIME just named her the second best performance of the year by any actor. Whether you agree with that or not, she has buzz, and no one seems to be caring about her panned movies and music career. So whether you think she has talent or not, she has a lot of buzz right now and is campaigning a lot as well. She’s second in Goldderby at the moment so I don’t see how it’s outrageous to make a case for a potential win for her.

smellycat
    Participant
    Topics:

Did your friend even watch the movie? lol Why are we supposed to hate the creeps stalking the main characters? If Pitt getting weirded out leaving the abandoned movie set wasnt a big enough hint for you, movies may not be your thing.

NOPE. The kiddie gang dressed for a music festival in 2019 were too clean, didn’t look remotely like dropped out hippies or dopes, they had nothing going on remotely menacing except for the dirty looking redhead one at the ranch. And their body mannerisms were fresh out of 2019, nothing like how people moved, spoke anything like 1969. Only Leo captured 1969 in that movie. Pitt was 10 years later. Leo was by far the best part of the movie. Second was the little girl.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re totally right! I forgot how having stellar careers totally helped Glenn Close and Amy Adams scored their very first academy awards after being the most overdue living actresses in Hollywood. And how could I forget about Oscar winner Bradley Cooper who after many years of knocking at the Academy’s door they finally rewarded him on the year he directed, wrote and acted in a critically acclaimed commercial hit!

You might have your opinion on her talent -which is that, just an opinion- but the facts are there: Her film is a box office success, and she has one of the most acclaimed supporting performances of the year. TIME just named her the second best performance of the year by any actor. Whether you agree with that or not, she has buzz, and no one seems to be caring about her panned movies and music career. So whether you think she has talent or not, she has a lot of buzz right now and is campaigning a lot as well. She’s second in Goldderby at the moment so I don’t see how it’s outrageous to make a case for a potential win for her.

The thing is that neither Adams or Close lost to Johnny come latelys like JLo. Close lost to Colman who is pretty much british royalty herself and Adams lost to King who is beloved on tv. Notice Close didnt lose to someone like Gaga. Cooper lost to Cuaron in directing which should be self explanatory and Malek in acting. Malek was playing a worldwide beloved figure, not some random stripper. Malek has gotten acclaim for his roles on tv as well.

Gold derby has been wrong before, just look at the oscar predictions. I from last years ceremony. I think they missed like 7.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Variety1

RealLyre852
    Participant
    Topics:

Noah Baumbach just won best screenplay at the Gotham Awards!

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Documentary
    American Factory

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Breakthrough Actor- Taylor Russell, “Waves”

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Audience Award-Marriage Story

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Audience Award-Marriage Story

YAAAS

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Breakthrough Director- Laure De Clermont-Tonnerre (The Mustang)

RealLyre852
    Participant
    Topics:

Breakthrough Director- Laure De Clermont-Tonnerre (The Mustang)

well that’s an upset, I’ll check out her movie though

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Breakthrough Series – Short Format- PEN15

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Breakthrough Series – Long Format- When They See Us

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actor- Adam Driver

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.