Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 502 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
PJ Edwards
Hammad Asif
John Berchmans
  • Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

The DGA as a guild might be enlightened enough to give Bong Director, but I think the second you open it up to the entire Academy it becomes a runaway award for Mendes.

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

ARegularGuy
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s looking more and more likely (in my opinion) that Thomas Newman misses out AGAIN. Joker‘s score seems undeniable at the minute. It’s probably the second most valuable thing about the film after Joaquin’s performance, whereas 1917 seems to have visual flair and great directing as its main points. Hard to tell right now but both are fantastic scores and deserve to win.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Tarantino is overdue for Best Picture win.

Hate him or love him,you can’t deny he’s a beloved and respected figure around Hollywood.One of few filmmakers today who can bring people in theatres on his name.

This is his 2nd last film as per him and who knows what kind of film his last film will be.

He have a perfect kind of a film for the voters award him BP.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike-Tarantino-Wes Anderson-Bong Joon-Ho

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

From out of all SAG Ensemble,PGA,WGA,DGA.

Which branch do you think matters the most right now to predict Best Picture?

I think PGA.

It’s always PGA – I wonder if we will get another tie this year at PGA, like the one that happened between Gravity and 12 Years a Slave? I will be happy if either 1917 or Parasite wins PGA, and am keeping my fingers crossed! (:

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely not presenting anything new here, but here’s my multiple win predictions:

1917: 6 (Picture, Director, Cinematography, Visual Effects, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing)

OUATIH: 3 (Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Production Design)

Joker: 2 (Lead Actor, Original Score)

Little Women: 2 (Adapted Screenplay, Costume Design)

Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Irishman may win screenplay as a consolation prize if it has enough passion in the academy

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely not presenting anything new here, but here’s my multiple win predictions:

1917: 6 (Picture, Director, Cinematography, Visual Effects, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing)

OUATIH: 3 (Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Production Design)

Joker: 2 (Lead Actor, Original Score)

Little Women: 2 (Adapted Screenplay, Costume Design)

I could live with that outcome, but I sure hope Thomas Newman wins for 1917 (:

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

John Campea

John Campea discusses why it’s Hollywood job to spread Diversity and not Award Group’s

Brilliant points by him and Rob.

A Must See.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike-Tarantino-Wes Anderson-Bong Joon-Ho

christopherg
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s looking more and more likely (in my opinion) that Thomas Newman misses out AGAIN. Joker‘s score seems undeniable at the minute. It’s probably the second most valuable thing about the film after Joaquin’s performance, whereas 1917 seems to have visual flair and great directing as its main points. Hard to tell right now but both are fantastic scores and deserve to win.

I can’t believe he’s going to miss out for a 15th time when the score for 1917 is so important to the film. You’d think there would be more of an overuse narrative for him.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Sure.. but he doesn’t deserve 3rd Screenplay Oscar.

Yeah especially not for this one.

Vincenzo Colantonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I have some doubts about editing, in the last 20 years only one movie won the oscar for editing without winning at least one other oscar, so because i’m predicting 1917 to win the sound prizes, i’m not so shure that Ford v Ferrari can win the oscar

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Irishman may win screenplay as a consolation prize if it has enough passion in the academy

I think more likely it’ll be Greta’s consolation prize.

Nameizmann
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree that Parasite lost a bit of traction during GG+CC, but I think there’s some merit to remembering that Parasite still won AACTA for BP.
    (AACTA thread: https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/aacta-awards/)

Also, as a fan, I’m annoyed that the movie’s not being released in the UK until after BAFTA. A distribution schedule like 1917 could have helped the film gain traction leading up to BAFTA. Lack of visibility is probably the reason it didn’t get below-the-line nominations at BAFTA.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Nameizmann.
    Edgar Blake
    Participant
    Topics:

My opinion on this year races:

Best Picture is between “1917” and “Hollywood”: in any case, Mendes and Tarantino would be rewarded personally for what they did best, respectively Direction and Writing. Personally, I don’t think this is Tarantino best, but now “Hollywood” is too big to ignore in screenplay, even if it lose best picture (consolation prize if it lose, necessary boost if it wins). Gerwig will win adapted screenplay as a consolation prize for all the women snubbed this year; the only competition here is “Jojo” that could go home empty handed, as for “The Irishman”.

the technical categories will go to the more technical films: 1917 (cinematography, maybe VFX, maybe sound editing), Ford V Ferrari (maybe sound and film editing).

production design, costume design and makeup are up in the hair till the guild awards.

Elton John will win his second oscar cause he wrote the only good song this year, but I can see Cynthia win a political award (I hope not). Score is between 1917 (T. Newman is overdue) and Joker (GG+CC, but movie does not have a music theme).

Acting categories are already locked, as for International Movie.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.