Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions

2020 Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 672 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kellis
Matthew_anzal..
Jays
  • Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

I think Meryl Streep & Timothy Chalamet both have chances to be double-nommed. Thoughts?

Profile picture
    Scansion
    Topics:

I think Meryl Streep & Timothy Chalamet both have chances to be double-nommed. Thoughts?

I think Meryl has a really small role in LW but I mean they like to nominate her so I guess. With Timothee, his role is like supporting/ heartbroken boyfriend and that usually doesn’t really get traction. He couldn’t even get in for his super baity role this year. Honestly it all depends on how strong LW is.

Meryl will probably be in conversation with The Laundromat. Idk about Timothee. For a Shakespeare adaptation? I mean it’s cast is good so hopefully the script is good. But I wasn’t too impressed with Joel Edgerton’s Boy Erased script. And the director made the awful Brad Pitt movie. Not only that, Netflix’s plate is FULL.

Profile picture
    LiberianGirl12
    Topics:

Richard Madden in supporting but Taron Egerton not in lead? I mean I am not complaining about a Madden nom but that would be silly if the case was that a film about Elton John didn’t get nominated for the actor who played Elton John but for everything else?

Actually, I can see Madden getting a nom and not Egerton. The latter is just not (yet) a critically acclaimed actor, doesn’t have a massive profile and his last major film was a box office bomb. He is already overshadowed by his co-star (who presumably has less screen time) five months before Rocketman’s release. And that’s not surprising, considering Madden is still riding the Bodyguard success wave and has already won one major award (potentially more to come). The HFPA clearly really like him and they might appreciate next time around how different Madden’s role in Rocketman is from the one he had in Bodyguard. If the HFPA nominate him for the next GG, then surely the Academy will take notice too.

Of course all we have to go on is the trailer so far, so I might change my opinion and be very impressed with Egerton after I have actually seen the film.

For now, though, I think Rocketman will be the new Bohemian Rhapsody and might potentially get in for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Score and Best Supporting Actor.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I think Meryl will get the double nominations . She’s definitely getting if lead for The Laundromat and I can see her getting in for Little Women.

FYC 2020 EMMYS

COMEDY- SCHITTS CREEK in all categories, Maya Rudolph, Eddie Murphy

DRAMA- Killing Eve in all categories, HBC, Cicely Tyson, The Crown in directing

LIMITED- UNBELIEVABLE, Normal People in writing and directing, Toni Collette, Tituss Burgess

FYC OSCARS- Amy Adams

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    prognosticator
    Topics:

Rocketman might snag a leading actor nod for its young star Taron Egerton who was picked by Elton John to play him. And a huge difference between this and Bohemian Rhapsody is that Egerton does actually sing his own music. Elton praised him in the concert I saw. The fact that Sit Elton himself endorsed the film might help it. I have high hopes because I adore Elton John.

I think Annette Bening might find herself a winner.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Incase of Once Upon a time in Hollywood,I think Tarantino and studios are making it for fun,box office and excellence rather than awards considering it’s release date.It is releasing in July and we know summer is for event and box office movies.Oscar bait movies release in November/December as we all know.Tarantino will go for fun,pleasing his audience rather than awards coz he already he have them alot.

I think the movie will be an early frontrunner based on success, prestige and hype alone. Assuming it doesn’t peak too early and then crash like ASIB it could be a contender next year

But yeah, he’s obviously gunning for box office success first (which is already guaranteed with Dicaprio and Pitt as leads)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Seven.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Seven.
    Profile picture
    Sandrine
    Topics:

Timmy had really THE role to be nominated this year (I even thought he could win), and they ignored him. So I will be surprised if he can happen next year for roles which aren’t really baity. I think they have some difficulties with young actors.

Meryl Streep ? Of course, they can nominated her for everything.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Sandrine.
    Profile picture
    LiberianGirl12
    Topics:

I simply cannot buy Taron Egerton getting an Oscar nomination even with Elton John having chosen him. The guy strikes me as a Hayden Christensen, Jai Courtney, or Sam Worthington type where Hollywood just keeps putting this guy in movies to “make this generic white male happen.” It is a cliche at this point, where they star or co-star in a bunch of studio tentpole films, most people don’t seem to care for their acting abilities, and after a while they fade away from the spotlight. I do not dislike his acting and have yet to see him give what I consider a bad performance, but I can admit he is completely replaceable. Not terrible, but with nothing distinctive about his style of acting that separates him from the countless others in the world (including POC) who would give anything to have the types of opportunities he is being all too easily and quickly handed in his career.

I am inclined to agree. Not to mention Egerton seems a bit full of himself in interviews.

OK, I don’t want to be too harsh either. I am definitely looking forward to Rocketman and who knows, Egerton might surprise with a very strong performance. Time will tell I guess. For know, though, I am predicting he might get a GG nom given they separate Drama and Comedy/Musicals, but I doubt he is getting an Oscar nod.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Taron Egerton…future Oscar nominee. I dig it.
    TE

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Absolutely 0%

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

I can’t take another season of people who stan another music icon role just because it’s an icon. It’s nearly killed me this season.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 672 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions’ is closed to new replies.