Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Reactions: Winners (and losers) – Part 3

2020 Oscar Reactions: Winners (and losers) – Part 3

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 510 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Seven
PJ Edwards
John Berchmans
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

It was so beautiful to see Bong Joon Ho honouring Scorsese.

Imagine being Bong,winning against your idol and he gives you a standing ovation.Bong is extremely fortunate person right now and deservedly so.

Scorsese also receiving ovation so heart warming considering he never got amount of love he should have from Academy.

BRILLIANT

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Alexa Aristizabal
    Participant
    Topics:

If it managed to win on a preferential ballot, it would have won even easier without it.

You couldn’t be more epically wrong, A and B) time to ditch the preferential ballot.

Will never not be bitter than one of his worst movies (The Departed) did get the Oscar. I mean, it’s still a good movie, but it pales in comparison to other Scorsese pics.

Scorsese also receiving ovation so heart warming considering he never got amount of love he should have from Academy.

johnnygc
    Participant
    Topics:

It really depends on what you think the Oscars are supposed to be.

If you think all that matters is American Box Office numbers, maybe the Academy should rename Best Picture instead to Best American Picture.

For those who believe the Oscars are supposed to be a celebration of one year’s best work in the film industry, they should keep getting more inclusive towards films made in other countries and in other languages. It’s not too arrogant to assume that every year some of the best films and performances come from outside the US. And yes, that means nominating and honoring foreign films in every category (not only International Film) to acknowledge that they are as good and as important to cinema as American films.

Simon Dänel
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats everyone! Parasite is an absolutely deserving Winner! Ther was still one major snub tho… being Parasite for best Editing! That was a must. Ford v Ferrari did NOT have the better editing and I think it’s a daylight robbery..

smindymix
    Participant
    Topics:

So what is the Irishman the only movie to get goose-egged? You hate to see it, but I can’t think of any category I would award it over other nominees.

smindymix
    Participant
    Topics:

It really depends on what you think the Oscars are supposed to be. If you think all that matters is American Box Office numbers, maybe the Academy should rename Best Picture instead to Best American Picture. For those who believe the Oscars are supposed to be a celebration of one year’s best work in the film industry, they should keep getting more inclusive towards films made in other countries and in other languages. It’s not too arrogant to assume that every year some of the best films and performances come from outside the US. And yes, that means nominating and honoring foreign films in every category (not only International Film) to acknowledge that they are as good and as important to cinema as American films.

I think the Oscars are primarily to celebrate Hollywood and that’s okay. Every country had their prestigious awards that are biased towards their own. Now if a movie comes along that is undeniable that’s fine but there’s NOTHING wrong with American movies dominating an American award show.

Monty
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now we can say Golden Globe picture drama and BAFTA best film are the kisses of death for the best picture race

jsn
    Participant
    Topics:

I told yall Parasite was gonna win this. I did not expect that Director win tho, holy shit.

jsn
    Participant
    Topics:

Love to see that racist bitch fuming in here! Parasite remains unbothered.

Hinrich689
    Participant
    Topics:

Jeez I’m a 1917 stan but some users here are just too xenophobic. This was just a healthy competition y’all.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

From Green Book to Parasite in 1 year.

What an Upgrade for Academy.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

From Green Book to Parasite in 1 year. What an Upgrade for Academy.

Right ? From one of the worst to one of the best

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

Remember when the Oscar ceremonies used to take place back in April and nominations were announced in February?

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You mean before you were born?

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

You mean before you were born?

Yeah of course. It’s just a little crazy to me to think there once was a time when they took place in April. Of course this was back when most films were released in December.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Gabe Guarin.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Gabe Guarin.
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Reactions: Winners (and losers) – Part 3’ is closed to new replies.