Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Reactions: Winners (and losers) – Part 3

2020 Oscar Reactions: Winners (and losers) – Part 3

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 496 through 509 (of 509 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
Bassett
JackO
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

3/4 of these anonymous ballots had Parasite in their top 3. Half of them had it at #1. The tea was right there

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

3/4 of these anonymous ballots had Parasite in their top 3. Half of them had it at #1. The tea was right there

This, I hadn’t updated my prediction since Jan 16 and had both the film and Bong winning.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

From Green Book to Parasite in 1 year.

What an Upgrade for Academy.

Growth

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Growth

Perfect use for this gif lmao

They made the right choice. Let’s just hope they keep the same energy going onwards

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Parasite also achieves rare feat of being Palme d’Or winner at Cannes and Best Picture winner Oscars.

2 of most prestigious awards a film can win.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

I got 17/24, exactly the same as last year. Except last year I was 406th in the leaderboard whereas this year I’m 4426th 💀.

Profile picture
    JonatanRK
    Topics:

From Green Book to Parasite in 1 year. What an Upgrade for Academy.

The official Finnish commentator going into the BP category: “Now for Best Picture. I no longer consider it the main event or biggest award, because Green Book won, so I guess I’m done for the night.”

Mic drop.

Hope his faith in the awards regenerated a bit with this year’s result.

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Just saw this pic over. They’re all have Oscars.

Profile picture
    Chimichanggas
    Topics:

I got 17/24, exactly the same as last year. Except last year I was 406th in the leaderboard whereas this year I’m 4426th 💀.

This year is much more predictable than last year. What gave me score last year is Green Book in Original Screenplay, Bohemian Rhapsody in Film Editing, Skin in Live Action Short, Free Solo in Documentary, and Period. End of Sentence in Documentary Short. Obviously, I bumped in Picture, Actress, Score, and Production Design.

Profile picture
    Julian14
    Topics:

Parasite’s director said, I believe, this: “You American people open yourself to read subtitles and a new world will open to you.” Wasn’t that a kind of condescending view of U.S. cinema and the people who go see movies in general?

just stop talking please and go watch your good place show or something

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I felt that for the most part this year’s awards season was more civil than usual here on Gold Derby. Most people were more tolerant of different opinions, and I hope that continues in the future (:

When I checked the predictions 3 days ago Brotherhood was first for Live Action Short – did that change over the last 3 days to The Neighbor’s Window? Daniel Montgomery mentioned that the #2 predicted film won in only 3 categories (BP, Director, and Sound Editing) but I think Live Action Short was also in that short list? We did a great job of predicting this year!

One last thing is that I wonder how much Sam Mendes’s dull acceptance speeches impacted him? Bong Joon-ho’s acceptance speeches have been much more entertaining and joyful all awards season.

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Happy I switched to Parasite but can’t believe Mendes lost. Not even in my wildest dreams.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

So happy for Parasite and Bong Joon-ho. Wow, what a night! I was hoping for a big upset, and best director was it. I didn’t get picture and director, but still managed 19/24. Not bad. I am kicking myself for flip flopping best picture back and forth all season. But I never thought to replace Sam Mendes. Parasite is my favorite film of the past decade to win the top award. I can watch it multiple times and still discover new and insightful things about it. I would even have applauded a Best Production Design win for that house alone.

I am disappointed that Thomas Newman lost for the 15th time. I think his score for 1917 was better than Joker, and I know many may disagree. But what is done is done. I am grateful 1917 still took prizes home for cinematography, sound and visual effects. I saw it in theaters in Dolby Digital, and it was quite the emotional experience.

Congrats to everyone this year on their predictions and I hope everyone had fun viewing parties (whether by yourself or with others). I had some friends over and we had Chicago Deep Dish pizza and wine. It was perfect!

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    13K Subscribers, 29 Million Views

FYC: Derbyite of the Year, 2017

Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Let’s continue the conversation in Part 4.

Viewing 14 posts - 496 through 509 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Reactions: Winners (and losers) – Part 3’ is closed to new replies.