Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Reactions: Winners (and losers) – Part 4

2020 Oscar Reactions: Winners (and losers) – Part 4

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 181 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
Gabe Guarin
GregSprinkles
  • Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

For an awards show that had its 4 most important winners all locked up since October, they really did go all the way into making this an exciting ceremony until the end. I love when these presenters pause to say “Crash” “Parasite” or “why the fuck does this say Emma Stone – La La Land?”. Jane Fonda gave us all huge shock and it was so much fun to watch. We knew it could happen, but we’re not stupid enough to actually believe it until that envelope is opened. So happy for this and such a great result. I love stats and “rules” being broken. Although the SAG Ensemble rule actually made a huge comeback after they fucked with it the last 2 years.

That Editing loss for Parasite sealed the deal for me, it was just gonna get Foreign and Screenplay. I was so sure of it. Then Director happened and it was back to being excited.

It was a good show. Four of the five original songs were extremely boring and only Elton’s Elton-ness made his song seem entertaining. Don’t think it’s a good song by itself. That Into the Unknown number was as horrible as the song. And the random C listers presenting presenters was also ridiculous and looked forced in that certain area they were trying to cover.

Too bad the whole Kevin Hart thing seems to have hurt the Academy’s chances to get a yes from anybody to host. ‘Cause I know this whole no host thing is not their decision. The minute somebody says yes, we’ll get a host again. And you know that host will end up being Jimmy Kimmel again. Rudolph, Wiig (and Fey/Poehler) continue to show they can be the host we all need, even if their schticks can seem like they’re getting old sometimes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

The way Parasite literally pulled a Crash with an ACE + SAG + WGA win combo and BP loss at all the televised awards and no BP nomination at the globes (due to their stupid rule).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

The way Parasite literally pulled a Crash with an ACE + SAG + WGA win combo and BP loss at all the televised awards and no BP nomination at the globes (due to their stupid rule).

The only differences being Parasite didn’t win Editing, and also it’s not a preachy baity anti-xenophobia movie made by a Canadian white man.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    happysad
    Topics:

He now has a higher Oscar count than any of the Best Director nominees including Mendes and Scorcese (each having one; Tarantino, two). Simply Amazing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

LOL yesterday I went to sleep because the Oscars were being boring as fuck and the winners trash and today I woke up and read Parasite won….I missed SO much omg

That’s why you never sleep on a ceremony. I skipped 2017 because I thought La La Land would sweep and missed out on a bunch of juicy upsets. Never made that mistake again.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Just clocked that Martin Scorsese’s last 3 films have gone without winning single Oscar with collective 16 nominations.

The Wolf Of Wall Street
    Silence
    The Irishman

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Oscar Viewership Hits All-Time Low: https://deadline.com/2020/02/oscar-ratings-new-all-time-low-viewership-1202854581/ Just 23.6m viewers, down from almost 30m last year.

I’m really surprised tbh. The film’s this year were more beloved and more uniformly successful, and they still had a huge blockbuster in contention with Joker. I thought the ratings would have gone up, not way down. Chalk that up to all of the shitty jokes and lack of structure the ceremony had this year: they were trying to kill time and instead wasted everyone’s time. Parasite saved the day, but I’m convinced they need a host again next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Oscar Viewership Hits All-Time Low: https://deadline.com/2020/02/oscar-ratings-new-all-time-low-viewership-1202854581/ Just 23.6m viewers, down from almost 30m last year.

But I was told Joker would save the ratings LOL

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

A girl can only admit when she was wrong. Congrats to Parasite for making history!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

I’m dissapointed that they didn’t take advantage of Eminem being there and let him present best song so he can rethank Elton and we could get another Stan performance. And lol at people complaining about him performing, as if the unmemorable nominated songs this year were even close to the quality of Lose Yourself.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I’m dissapointed that they didn’t take advantage of Eminem being there and let him present best song so he can rethank Elton and we could get another Stan performance. And lol at people complaining about him performing, as if the unmemorable nominated songs this year were even close to the quality of Lose Yourself.

I think they just don’t like Eminem because of his politics and recent controversies. Sane with the SJW journalists. His performance was objectively the best of the night, and the hypest moment aside from Parasite’s upsets.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I think they gave everything to Bong Joon-Ho so no one would feel excluded, as in if they gave Director to Sam Mendes they both would have Oscars but Quentin Tarantino wouldn’t (not that he’d mind, he already has two Oscars). I think that’s also the same reason they gave everything to Alejandro Inarritu in 2014; so that neither Richard Linklater nor Wes Anderson would feel excluded; it was made clear that it was simply Inarritu’s night and not theirs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

But I was told Joker would save the ratings LOL

So much for that. I think we need a host again; a strong personality we can all get behind.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I’m really surprised tbh. The film’s this year were more beloved and more uniformly successful, and they still had a huge blockbuster in contention with Joker. I thought the ratings would have gone up, not way down. Chalk that up to all of the shitty jokes and lack of structure the ceremony had this year: they were trying to kill time and instead wasted everyone’s time. Parasite saved the day, but I’m convinced they need a host again next year.

Joker didn’t win anything until late in the ceremony so maybe fans got fed up and tuned out before then. Even 1917 didn’t win anything until well over a hour in. Whereas last year both Black Panther and Bohemian Rhapsody won multiple awards relatively early on, keeping viewers’ interest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I didn’t like Billie Eilish’s performance at all. It was way too staid and pitched WAY too low for her.

This. Did the music team ever hear of transposition? It’s allowed lol.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.