Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 507 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Thatcher
Seven
  • Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

any one else think this looks…kinda bad ?

More like… boring

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

If Timothée couldn’t even get in for Beautiful Boy, he’s not getting in for a low-priority Netflix release regardless of his performance. He needs to be in a strong film like CMBYN before he can even be nominated

Yeah, Netflix just released their theatrical release schedule. It sounds like this is the priority ranking for Netflix if you look at their theatrical release strategy- Marriage Story, The Irishman, The Two Popes, The Laundromat, Dolemite Is My Name, and the King. The others (Earthquake Bird, Klaus, I Lost My Body, and Atlantics) are apparently not for awards contention.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Netflix just released their theatrical release schedule. It sounds like this is the priority ranking for Netflix if you look at their theatrical release strategy- Marriage Story, The Irishman, The Two Popes, The Laundromat, Dolemite Is My Name, and the King. The others (Earthquake Bird, Klaus, I Lost My Body, and Atlantics) are apparently not for awards contention.

True that it has an awards season release, but they’re going to put more of their effort into trying to get Marriage Story, The Laundromat, and The Irishman into BP and other categories than getting Chalamet an Actor nomination. I have doubts that they’ll be able to successfully campaign all of their awards season releases to fruition, and it seems like Marriage Story’s festival circuit indicates more confidence and more effort into pushing that.

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

True that it has an awards season release, but they’re going to put more of their effort into trying to get Marriage Story, The Laundromat, and The Irishman into BP and other categories than getting Chalamet an Actor nomination. I have doubts that they’ll be able to successfully campaign all of their awards season releases to fruition, and it seems like Marriage Story’s festival circuit indicates more confidence and more effort into pushing that.

Yep, agreed! That was why I listed those movies before The King. It’s among the least important of the awards contenders for Netflix it seems. Chalamet looks interesting, certainly a different role type for him, but I don’t see him gaining traction for this.

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

The King looks like Outlaw King all over again. Big budget period piece that ends up being a mess.Not happening.

brb stanning Adam Driver

unown
    Participant
    Topics:

any one else think this looks…kinda bad ?

looks like mary queen of scots to be honest.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

The King reminds me more of Macbeth with Fassbender and Cotillard than Mary Queen of Scots, which was a fine movie. I haven’t seen outlaw king so I’m not sure about that. I understand why people aren’t predicting it for awards, but I don’t understand why people are acting like there’s no way it’ll be a good movie.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGVQLHvwOY
    Yes,Joaquin is winning his much deserving Oscar.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin at minimum is getting nominated, I could even see him winning

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin made me shed tears just in trailer
    Dont know what will happen through whole movie|
    Generational Becomer

unown
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin !!! play nice on the circuit and do ur press.  You have a real shot at this

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Joachin is undeniable after this trailer. He’ll be nominated for sure.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly, I’d nominate Joaguin just from the trailer. Jeez!!! I haven’t seen that kind of acting since Heath Ledger playing the same character!

doctorstark97
    Participant
    Topics:

Phoenix is definitely winning. It’s a baity role, he’s a magnificent actor and the movie’s gonna be a huge B.O. success. That’s the formula to win an Oscar nowadays. The nom is a lock and a win is more than possible.

As for the others, DiCaprio’s nomination is also a lock, with a much less possible win. I watched OUTIH yesterday, he was as good as Pitt and hilarious, as well. The Golden Globe in Comedy win is also a lock. I’ll wait for the “Irishman” to decide if De Niro gets in the lineup and Driver for “Marriage Story”.

To me, it’s Phoenix vs Driver this season, like it was Malek vs Bale last year.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Adam Driver, Marriage Story
    Joaquin Phoenix, Joker (Winner)
    Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Antonio Banderas, Pain and Glory
    These 4 nominees and winner is very much probable imo.
    Cant say much about 5th nominee

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.