Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 507 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Thatcher
Seven
  • Pamela Isley, Poison Derby
    Participant
    Topics:

Joker starts with 74 on MC based on 15 reviews

Kind of disappointing… but Phoenix is winning anyways.

Come join me. My garden needs tending.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

The fanboys doubting Driver is a kii. His film is a strong BP contender and will have a big push from Netflix and The Report/Star Wars will surely keep his name around increasing his buzz. Y’all should stop underestimating him lol.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

The fanboys doubting Driver is a kii. His film is a strong BP contender and will have a big push from Netflix and The Report/Star Wars will surely keep his name around increasing his buzz. Y’all should stop underestimating him lol.

Phoenix is a serious threat but I don’t know why some people suddenly act like Driver is a longshot

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Joker has as many 100s as Marriage Story(6), unfortunately, it has way more yellows and a red. Joker was never going to win BP but it needed some critical support to get over comic book bias. I think the general public will like it more than critics for sure but it will need a big opening. In this current moment, Id rather be Driver but lots of things can change.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

I love when GD posters decide how everything will turn out. Driver moved to supporting so he wins lmao. I love. The delusion just keeps increasing this year.

So Driver is supporting now?
    Why?

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Joker is at 86% on RT. Not too bad for now but a reviewer called the movie ‘pernicious garbage’. That’s harsh.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

So Driver is supporting now? Why?

He isn’t. That user is just pointing out how delusional this thread can be.

Elazul
    Participant
    Topics:

So Driver is supporting now? Why?

I really don’t think that’s anything more than a bad joke at the moment.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Phoenix is a serious threat but I don’t know why some people suddenly act like Driver is a longshot

The problem is that Dern and Scarjo are probably the favorites in their categories therefore Academy members won’t take him seriously since they’re obviously not giving that movie three acting wins. Scarjo is probably its only acting win.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Victor Cruz.
    RealLyre852
    Participant
    Topics:

are the negative joker reviews saying anything other than the movie being “dangerous and edgy” cus that’s a really ridiculous complaint, you’re NOT supposed to be rooting for the joker or see him as a role model and I think everybody who will watch it knows that (I hope at least)

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

The reviews for Joker don’t worry me a bit. Last year’s winner had a 49 Metacritic score.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Adam Driver is out of the competition. He’s now being considered supporting actor in Marriage Story

Really? That’s some category fraud-ass bullshit! I guess the Oscar goes to Joachin then. No one else can stop him.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s insane the movie is rated lower than a lot of Marvel superhero movies. This literally is a masterpiece. I honestly know it’s opinions, but I can’t fathom how that’s even possible.

There is a pro Disney-marvel bias. Obvious by this point

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

Are y’all selectively blind? Where is this unanimous praise? Starting MC in the mid-70s, after one festival screening that’s, to be polite, made almost completely of the demographic that would have loved it either way. When there are women in the audience, you’ll get this:

“In Joker — playing in competition here at the Venice Film Festival — Phoenix is acting so hard you can feel the desperation throbbing in his veins. He leaves you wanting to start him a GoFundMe, so he won’t have to pour so much sweat into his job again. But the aggressive terribleness of his performance isn’t completely his fault.” – TIME

brb stanning Adam Driver

Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

Are y’all selectively blind? Where is this unanimous praise? Starting MC in the mid-70s, after one festival screening that’s, to be polite, made almost completely of the demographic that would have loved it either way. When there are women in the audience, you’ll get this:

“In Joker — playing in competition here at the Venice Film Festival — Phoenix is acting so hard you can feel the desperation throbbing in his veins. He leaves you wanting to start him a GoFundMe, so he won’t have to pour so much sweat into his job again. But the aggressive terribleness of his performance isn’t completely his fault.” – TIME

*reads stanning Adam Driver

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.