Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 507 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Thatcher
Seven
  • Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

I hated Joker before either of Adam’s movies were even announced, TYVM!

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

I hated Joker before either of Adam’s movies were even announced, TYVM!

Rather than stanning Adam Driver (I would never), I am going to stan your avatar.

Taste. Love the Scream Queen.

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

Rather than stanning Adam Driver (I would never), I am going to stan your avatar.

Taste. Love the Scream Queen.

I’ll take it as a win!

And Re: the MCU, a “perfectly watchable but nothing special, 6/10” counts as positive on RT, so I totally understand why they get such high RT scores, as that describes the majority of their output.

Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

Are y’all selectively blind? Where is this unanimous praise? Starting MC in the mid-70s, after one festival screening that’s, to be polite, made almost completely of the demographic that would have loved it either way. When there are women in the audience, you’ll get this: “In Joker — playing in competition here at the Venice Film Festival — Phoenix is acting so hard you can feel the desperation throbbing in his veins. He leaves you wanting to start him a GoFundMe, so he won’t have to pour so much sweat into his job again. But the aggressive terribleness of his performance isn’t completely his fault.” – TIME

It’s the first time ever that IGN gave a 10/10 for a movie. That stupid reporter giving a 2/10 must be a pro-Disney, «everything must be beautiful and happy » kind of girl, judging by her review.

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s the first time ever that IGN gave a 10/10 for a movie. That stupid reporter giving a 2/10 must be a pro-Disney, «everything must be beautiful and happy » kind of girl, judging by her review.

While I don’t always agree with her, Stephanie Zacharek is a HIGHLY respected film critic and has been so for decades so I will not be allowing any slander of her name on here

JanisEye
    Participant
    Topics:

Not everyone has to like what you like.  Calm the f* down. Some people will dislike Joaquin’s performance, it’s not the end of the world.

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

Her taste is not just light fluff. It’s so easy to look these things up instead of just saying whatever you want, but don’t worry, I’ll do it for you: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/critic/stephanie-zacharek/movies

And IGN is a geek outlet, so, irrelevant. This will be the second coming of Three Billboards, where the festival audiences hype it up, and we’ll have to wait for crowds that aren’t 90% white dudes before someone with a platform to ask “are you kidding with this shit?” Except it will be a hundred times worse because there’s comics fanboys involved.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Three Billboards did get a lot of noms and a couple of wins, so Joker should be happy if that is its fate. And I mean after Affleck won and Green Book won, I’m not sure internet outrage has the same power that it used too.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Even some of the most positive reviews of Joker are nervous of its potential incel-friendliness, even if that would be a misinterpretation on the incel’s part. I recommend full security scans before every screening lol.

Marcel
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not the first time ever IGN gives 10 for a movie. I follow them and i remember Inside Llewyn Davis and The Big Sick also got 10.

Not to mention tons of movie which got 9.5 and above, most of which are far away from being masterpieces (The Last Jedi, i’m Looking at you)

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

IGN dock video games for having too much water. Nobody should be taking them seriously if they are in the first place lol

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Pheonix stans, I expected better from you. The season has barely begun and you’re already attacking Joaquin’s main competitor AND the critics who gave the film a bad review.

Pull it together or we’ll never make it to February.

This is coming from someone who totally wants to see him win.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like we already know whose stans will be the most annoying this season.

Rowan
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like we already know whose stans will be the most annoying this season.

The answer is stans of anybody on this entire board. Most people here can’t just root for their favorites, they also have to disparage all competition (as well as the fans of said competition) and drown out any real discussion.

Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

Imagine thinking the joker promotes incels. He hates everyone and wants the world to burn. Literal purpose of his character 🤪

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.