Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 507 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Thatcher
Seven
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Pheonix stans, I expected better from you. The season has barely begun and you’re already attacking Joaquin’s main competitor AND the critics who gave the film a bad review.

Pull it together or we’ll never make it to February.

This is coming from someone who totally wants to see him win.

Absolutely,for with all heart and passion I want Joaquin to win I love Adam Driver and will be happy if he wins instead.I say same about Antonio Banderas if he is to win.Admiring certain actor/actress is good but trashing their competitor’s performance without even seeing them is truly awful thing to do.About critics,I can say Joker was never gonna be LadyBird or Boyhood for them.It is divisive and dangerous movie and few were always going to find it bad.Every movie even those with 87 or 88 percent approval have 3-4 bad reviews.Everyone has his or her own way of seeing things hence they shouldn’t be attacked.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Jonathan Pryce and Hopkins crashing Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor race.

Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

Not everyone has to like what you like. Calm the f* down. Some people will dislike Joaquin’s performance, it’s not the end of the world.

I am calm darling. I just said my opinion, I just can’t agree with her review. I know, it’s her opinion too, but she clearly didn’t get the point of the movie, and that piss me off when people give bad review for something they didn’t get or don’t understand. Like… what’s the point? And I’m not necessarily rooting for Pheonix, I never said that. I’m open for whoever gives the best performance.

And for the person asking me to check her Rotten Tomatoes scores, I did. And she gave a rotten score to Logan, Guardian of the Galaxy, It (2017), Isle of Dogs, Midsommar, Deadpool … but every Fifty Shades of Grey movies are Fresh. It’s very questionnable.

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

There are adults who like Deadpool?

brb stanning Adam Driver

Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

There are adults who like Deadpool?

84% of adult it seems.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

All the Driver acclaim at Telluride

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Experts here won’t put Joaquin at #1 spot in their predictions until he wins SAG for the obvious reasons.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch as Phoenix’s name is missing from the Globes nominees in December. He is not happening, genre bias will be genre bias. Well.. unless you die.

Ledger most likely didn’t happen just because he died.

Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

Ledger most likely didn’t happen just because he died.

Of course he didn’t.

Movie stars die all the time and 99.99 % of the time they are not handed posthumous awards. But of course we use the 00.01 % as proof that death is a free pass to awards recognition.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Well looks like we already have 3 sealed spots for best actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, Adam Driver and Joaquin Phoenix (on condition that he stops being arrogant and decides to play the game). Antonio Banderas is nearly sealed, he just has a few bias to overcome. Whoever takes the fifth spot, better have an extremely raved performance or a massive best picture contender.

Best actress nomination is still unknown though. Looks like best actress still continues to be the most debated this year…

RealLyre852
    Participant
    Topics:

Well looks like we already have 3 sealed spots for best actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, Adam Driver and Joaquin Phoenix (on condition that he stops being arrogant and decides to play the game). Antonio Banderas is nearly sealed, he just has a few bias to overcome. Whoever takes the fifth spot, better have an extremely raved performance or a massive best picture contender. Best actress nomination is still unknown though. Looks like best actress still continues to be the most debated this year…

Bale?

Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

Bale?

From what we know, Bale is a strong possibility to take the fifth spot but far from a sure thing.

Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

Bale?

I’m saying De Niro. The Irishman is a BP contender as of now.

The Irishman and Parasite rocks!

AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Well looks like we already have 3 sealed spots for best actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, Adam Driver and Joaquin Phoenix (on condition that he stops being arrogant and decides to play the game). Antonio Banderas is nearly sealed, he just has a few bias to overcome. Whoever takes the fifth spot, better have an extremely raved performance or a massive best picture contender. Best actress nomination is still unknown though. Looks like best actress still continues to be the most debated this year…

Jonathan Pryce has a good shot after seeing the first reactions for The Two Popes.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

^Ford v Ferrari will most likely be big as well I suspect. I don’t want to be a mood killer, but Phoenix is not a lock. Ik he’s getting ton of buzz and stellar reviews but he’s got some things to overcome before he scores awards nominations. But if he indeed gets in between Bale and De Niro I’d say the one with the stronger campaign, or film or performance will get in.

Ford vs Ferrari is 150 mins long movie made on $100 million budget.It’s most likely flopping at box office is what I fear will prevent it’s chances.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.