Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 486 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Thatcher
Seven
  • Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Welp, I guess it is. Supporting Actor been locked since July yall, it’s over.

Profile picture
    JanisEye
    Topics:

Welp, I guess it is. Supporting Actor been locked since July yall, it’s over.

Welp, we’ll see who is right in the end.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

I mean, Brad Pitt winning would be cool and all but when has anything ever been a lock in July ? Acting like no one could even challenge him, lmfao

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Seven.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Seven.
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I get the feeling Bale will campaign for Lead Actor after hearing most of the reviews say that he was the lead of the movie. The Hollywood Reporter even said that Fox would have to commit category fraud if they wanted Bale in supporting. Plus, both categories are super stacked right now. I think Supporting might be even more locked than Lead, with Pitt, Hanks, Pacino, DaFoe, and Lithgow looking like dominant frontrunners, while DeNiro is vulnerable in Lead.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Bale could definitely get in before Hanks and Dafoe, maybe Pacino if The Irishman flops.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

I don’t think Bale can get in for lead actor.Ford vs Ferrari will be a critical darling but a commercial failure so will be The Irishman.I am saying this after excluding De Niro from lead actor list.I think Joaquin,Driver,DiCaprio,Banderas are locked as of now.Leo can be snubbed as he has been before and his performance was too comic one,at least his most.On the other hand,I can see Bale winning if goes supporting route though he will face tough competition from Pitt.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    JanisEye
    Topics:

I mean, Brad Pitt winning would be cool and all but when has anything ever been a lock in July ? Acting like no one could even challenge him, lmfao

I mean this is September and he’s still the lead in his category but whatever. I’m not a big fan of OUATIH so anyone else winning would be fine by me.

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

I don’t think Bale can get in for lead actor.Ford vs Ferrari will be a critical darling but a commercial failure so will be The Irishman.I am saying this after excluding De Niro from lead actor list.I think Joaquin,Driver,DiCaprio,Banderas are locked as of now.Leo can be snubbed as he has been before and his performance was too comic one,at least his most.On the other hand,I can see Bale winning if goes supporting route though he will face tough competition from Pitt.

I don’t know if Ford v. Ferrari will flop given the topic of the film, but I’m going to bet that if Bale goes Supporting by means of the studio, he’s not going to campaign at all. He’s too thirsty for a Lead to expose himself to a second Supporting win.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

It’s not like he has any chance of winning in either category this season. Vice was an incredibly baity role and that didn’t work either.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Bale could definitely get in before Hanks and Dafoe, maybe Pacino if The Irishman flops.

The Irishman won’t flop because it’s a Netflix film, they won’t even report box office earnings. Ford v Ferrari could flop, but I think it will have strong legs like Green Book did (everyone though that film would be a flop too at first). DaFoe is on a hot streak right now, so he’ll get in for sure, and Hanks has never competed in supporting, which might be why he’s been snubbed so many times (Captain Phillips and Bridge of Spies both got Supporting Actor nominations, and the latter won). Hanks also has a super baity role this time: everyone loves Mr. Rogers.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I meant flop critically, which is possible.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

The Irishman won’t flop because it’s a Netflix film, they won’t even report box office earnings. Ford v Ferrari could flop, but I think it will have strong legs like Green Book did (everyone though that film would be a flop too at first).

Reasons,I say Ford vs Ferrari will flop is because it is a Rated R,2 and half hour long movie made on a $100 million budget whereas Green Book was a PG-13 comedy drama made on a mere $20 million.Original movies rarely make it to the box office these days,especially this year.Also Bale and Damon are not DiCaprio,Cruise type of crowd pullers who can put buts on seats solely on their name.However it will be a fantastic movie nonetheless and I hope it earns profit.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Hammad Asif.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Hammad Asif.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

It’s not like he has any chance of winning in either category this season. Vice was an incredibly baity role and that didn’t work either.

Thank you. GD has this weird obsession with Bale overestimating his chances every time. He’s obviously not winning in any category.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Hanks also has a super baity role this time: everyone loves Mr. Rogers.

He spent his entire career playing characters everyone loves, that’s literally what he’s known for. Likeable, sometimes near-flawless heroes. That’s tiring at this point

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

It’s not only tiring but also he doesn’t try to imitate the person, he just plays himself.

Tom Hanks has never, and will never be tiring.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.