Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 485 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Thatcher, Pri..
Seven
  • Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

While we’re on the subject of posthumous awards recognition, I just remembered James Gandolfini in Enough Said in 2013 – there was some buzz about a posthumous Supporting Actor nomination for him and he even made SAG and Critics Choice, but it didn’t go further than that, probably because the movie wasn’t really on Oscar’s radar. So no, voters on the whole definitely aren’t that sentimental.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

I believe Egerton is a lock for a Golden Globe and Bafta nomination (Elton John’s a national treasure after all). I currently believe he’ll make it in at the Oscars, but if he doesn’t make it into SAG, I may take him out.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Let’s be real. Egerton is NOT getting nominated at the Oscars! And Driver isn’t winning for a Kramer v Kramer remake! We aren’t in the 70s anymore.

I serve the tea (politely)

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

Yeah Edgerton isn’t winning or getting nominated the year after Rami Malik swept for the exact same type of movie/performance. Fair or not that’s how this stuff works. He’s also hurt by such an early release date I feel like his movie will be forgotten.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

1. Adam Driver(Marriage Story)
    2. Leonardo DiCaprio(Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)
    3. Joaquin Phoenix(Joker)
    4. Jonathan Pryce(The Two Popes)
    5. I’m dropping Banderas. I think the fifth spot is between De Niro, Bale and Jordan.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Let’s be real. Egerton is NOT getting nominated at the Oscars! And Driver isn’t winning for a Kramer v Kramer remake! We aren’t in the 70s anymore.

I’m starting to wonder if you’re a bot because literally every one of your posts starts with this.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

The problem I see with “The Two Popes” and “Ford vs Ferrari” getting into lead actor category is of splitting votes.Both Hopkins and Pryce are lead and both Damon and Bale are lead and apparently all 4 of them gave brilliant performances respectively.It would have been same issue with “OUATIH” but as we now know Pitt is going supporting although a category fraud.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

i fee like pryce has a better shot since he plays a person people actually like while hopkins is playing the Pope people really disliked or forget about since he was there so briefly.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Olivia Colman case last year have opened many eyes in the industry. Studio wanted to fraud her into supporting but she fought hard for that leading placement, got it and actually won in the end. I expect Hopkins & Pryce and Damon & Bale to rightfully campaign leading. Bale isn’t gonna degrade himself to supporting when he wants that leading trophy so much and is open about it within industry. He’s also the one more singled out of the two in reviews. Hopkins is one of the few people who won leading trophy for supporting role, he’s so not degrading himself and as it’s already been mentioned Pryce is playing the likable pope and is due for major recognition. They’re both going leading. Shame about Pitt commiting the biggest fraud of the decade. He has as much screentime as DiCaprio (if not more), he also is the one with more raves and more people liking his performance. He should go leading. As a famous leading man he has a bigger chance of getting leading trophy than supporting. Balls to the wall Brad, do the right thing and go leading. It might actually work in your favor.

Very good post but I don’t see Pitt even getting nominated if he goes lead,winning is impossible.Now,I am also having doubts about even DiCaprio getting lead nomination and he had meatier role.

Everybody here is recently saying Bale loves and is obessed with “lead acting Oscar”,I haven’t seen him saying it anywhere.Can anyone please link me about Bale’s actually saying that.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Olivia Colman case last year have opened many eyes in the industry. Studio wanted to fraud her into supporting but she fought hard for that leading placement, got it and actually won in the end. I expect Hopkins & Pryce and Damon & Bale to rightfully campaign leading. Bale isn’t gonna degrade himself to supporting when he wants that leading trophy so much and is open about it within industry. He’s also the one more singled out of the two in reviews. Hopkins is one of the few people who won leading trophy for supporting role, he’s so not degrading himself and as it’s already been mentioned Pryce is playing the likable pope and is due for major recognition. They’re both going leading. Shame about Pitt commiting the biggest fraud of the decade. He has as much screentime as DiCaprio (if not more), he also is the one with more raves and more people liking his performance. He should go leading. As a famous leading man he has a bigger chance of getting leading trophy than supporting. Balls to the wall Brad, do the right thing and go leading. It might actually work in your favor.

yet, the let Stone and Ali to fraud in other categories without question about it (and colman is supporting). This industry seems too oddly specific “woke” to consider such change.

I’m betiing Pryce will go lead because he’s playing a sympathetic character and have not got his due like ever. Hopkins is clearly going supporting because that category have a thing for past winners veterans.

Now if Bale is so eager for a leading oscar then he’s picking up a fight with Damon. But considering Colman got in lead over the actual film lead I don’t see why Bale can’t fraud it.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The problem I see with “The Two Popes” and “Ford vs Ferrari” getting into lead actor category is of splitting votes.Both Hopkins and Pryce are lead and both Damon and Bale are lead and apparently all 4 of them gave brilliant performances respectively.It would have been same issue with “OUATIH” but as we now know Pitt is going supporting although a category fraud.

The last time two lead actors were nominated for the same film was in 1984, so I doubt all 4 of those actors will be campaigned in lead. My guess is that Bale/Pryce go for lead, and Damon/Hopkins go for supporting.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I wasn’t ready for Pryce’s accent. I know he’s played an Argentinian before in Evita, but if the trailer is anything to go by, this is perfection…December can’t come soon enough!

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Some thoughts…

If Just Mercy ends up being critically acclaimed, then Michael B. Jordan is getting in Best Actor. He’s too loved by the industry and overdue for his first nom (after snubs for Fruitville Station, Creed and Black Panther).

No one is a lock just yet. I do think Adam Driver and Joaquin Phoenix are the strongest contenders so far (based on reviews).

I think Leo is vulnerable. Comedic performances tend to get overlooked by Oscar.

I saw Antonio Banderas’s Performance in Pain & Glory. It is brilliant, he’s playing his director and he is overdue for industry recognition, but I fear it might be just a bit too subdued for how stacked the competition is going to be.

I think Robert De Niro really needs to deliver a fantastic performance in order to score a nom. Oscar doesn’t owe him anything and that makes him snub-able.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 485 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.