Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Seven
Thatcher
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Leo nomination could be in doubt as this was so much of a comedic role with nothing flashy one pure moments except that van and bar scene.Leo hasn’t been Oscar favourite when you consider he have only 5 acting nominations for so many brilliant roles he did(Gyllenhaal has only 1 and Joaquin has only 3,damn it)but he got nominated for his last 2 movies and his reputation has increased plus OUTIH is faring well.I would like to tell you guys that here in Sub-Continent and Asia he’s widely considered Best Hollywood Actor working to which I don’t agree however(Joaquin),so maybe he’s too big to not get nominated now,he atleast deserves nomination for his Rick Dalton just as Pitt.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m also betting on Marriage Story having a similar reception/awards trajectory as Manchester by the Sea, thus I’m betting on it taking actor and screenplay.

That would be interesting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Robert Downey, Jr., has a strong chance. This is his last performance as Tony Stark, so there will be that sentimental push for him to get nominated at the very least. I believe that when Disney does an awards campaign for Avengers: Endgame (let’s be honest, they’re going to), Downey is going to be front and center. He’s considered by many to be the heart and soul of Endgame, so if anyone in the ensemble gets a nomination, it’s him. There’s also some people who are bitter about Michael B. Jordan not getting nominated for Best Supporting Actor, so there’s also that.

Call me crazy if you want, and it may as well not happen, but for now, he’s my pick/prediction.

My Predictions:

1) Robert Downey, Jr., Avengers: Endgame

2) Adam Driver, Marriage Story

3) Robert De Niro, The Irishman

4) Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

5) Taron Egerton, Rocketman

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams, Mahershala Ali, and Jason Bateman.

Oscars 2020: I stan Robert Downey, Jr., Alan Silvestri, Willem Dafoe, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan David Harbour

ReplyCopy URL
    Icecreamben
    Participant
    Topics:

Leo nomination could be in doubt as this was so much of a comedic role with nothing flashy one pure moments except that van and bar scene.Leo hasn’t been Oscar favourite when you consider he have only 5 acting nominations for so many brilliant roles he did(Gyllenhaal has only 1 and Joaquin has only 3,damn it)but he got nominated for his last 2 movies and his reputation has increased plus OUTIH is faring well.I would like to tell you guys that here in Sub-Continent and Asia he’s widely considered Best Hollywood Actor working to which I don’t agree however(Joaquin),so maybe he’s too big to not get nominated now,he atleast deserves nomination for his Rick Dalton just as Pitt.

What are you smoking?  Leo was flashy as f*ck.  That performance is the definition of a flashy performance. I think that if anything this whole season is a lock for a nomination, it’s Leo.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Icecreamben.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Icecreamben.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Icecreamben
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Robert Downey, Jr., has a strong chance. This is his last performance as Tony Stark, so there will be that sentimental push for him to get nominated at the very least. I believe that when Disney does an awards campaign for Avengers: Endgame (let’s be honest, they’re going to), Downey is going to be front and center. He’s considered by many to be the heart and soul of Endgame, so if anyone in the ensemble gets a nomination, it’s him. There’s also some people who are bitter about Michael B. Jordan not getting nominated for Best Supporting Actor, so there’s also that. Call me crazy if you want, and it may as well not happen, but for now, he’s my pick/prediction. My Predictions: 1) Robert Downey, Jr., Avengers: Endgame 2) Adam Driver, Marriage Story 3) Robert De Niro, The Irishman 4) Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood 5) Taron Egerton, Rocketman

L. O. L.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly I won’t buy into Driver despite the hype in this thread until at least the trailer is revealed. The guy has never been in a heavily-emotional role before. His role in Blackkklansman was really one-note. And I had known Casey was a fantastic actor wayyyyy before MBTC so I don’t know why the two actors are in a similar position either…

ReplyCopy URL
    Icecreamben
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly I won’t buy into Driver despite the hype in this thread until at least the trailer is revealed. The guy has never been in a heavily-emotional role before. His role in Blackkklansman was really one-note. And I had known Casey was a fantastic actor wayyyyy before MBTC so I don’t know why the two actors are in a similar position either…

Just saw him on Broadway and he can definitely do heavily-emotional stuff.  He had a breakdown in that play that was just beautiful and horrifying.  I mean, I walked away a fan.  Someone that can go that deep 8 times a week is a great actor.  I think he stands a chance because I think this role might finally show what he’s capable of.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Leo was flashy as f*ck.

Now here is the interesting part which holds.Leo in OUTIH just as Brad was subtle,yes at times flashy but highlight of his performance was his subtleties.I noticed this after 3 watches.In shooting Lancer’s episode Leo switches from drunk and insecure Rick to normal and angry Rick to finally a thespian Rick the way Rick would not the way Leo would and he did it in matters of seconds.He deserves Lead nomination only on the basis of “Lancer” episode scene.It made me remember Edward Norton in Birdman a bit.
    https://youtu.be/G2txseqxAUQ
    This video perfectly encapsulates Leo’s work in OUTIH however unlike this video,I won’t say he deserves to win but atleast deserve a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Robert Downey, Jr., has a strong chance. This is his last performance as Tony Stark, so there will be that sentimental push for him to get nominated at the very least. I believe that when Disney does an awards campaign for Avengers: Endgame (let’s be honest, they’re going to), Downey is going to be front and center. He’s considered by many to be the heart and soul of Endgame, so if anyone in the ensemble gets a nomination, it’s him. There’s also some people who are bitter about Michael B. Jordan not getting nominated for Best Supporting Actor, so there’s also that.

Call me crazy if you want, and it may as well not happen, but for now, he’s my pick/prediction.

Crazy.

ReplyCopy URL
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol at Driver being “one-note” in BlacKkKlansman… He should have won that Oscar, and if he’s nominated this season, he’ll probably deserve that one, too; the dude is an *actor*, but I’m not sure why many can’t see that.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

this isn’t happening

I could see him or Egerton getting that last spot if Hanks goes supporting. I just don’t think both Efron or Egerton both getting into the lineup

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

RDJ has a shot at supporting. No chance of winning though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

RDJ has a shot at supporting. No chance of winning though.

He could get a lifetime nomination sort of thing to praise his perfect portrayal of Tony Stark in 9 films.Afterall he was lead to Cinema’s highest grossing movies for better part of this decade.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Hammad Asif.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Hammad Asif.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see him or Egerton getting that last spot if Hanks goes supporting. I just don’t think both Efron or Egerton both getting into the lineup

Lmao even RDJ has a better shot to get in than Efron!

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Efron is never going to happen. Slap-the-stud and his overall awful career prevented that (plus the movie is incredibly weak on all fronts). He’ll need to do years of indie, like Pattinson, to gather support, but even that’s unlikely to lead him to the Oscars.

Edgerton’s shot is basically gone with that May release date. Rocketman made bank, but not enough as BR to be able to stay in the Oscar conversation for 7-9 months, and that $900 million box office is the reason why BR didn’t flop at the awards. Not to mention, it was a movie about Mercury, and John is no where near as popular. A Globe nom is the extent to which he’ll go and the category is too stacked with bigger names and buzzier films.

And finally, RDJ, well, please don’t make me explain lol. I already over-explained with Efron.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.