Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 523 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Thatcher
Seven
  • Potatohead
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Joaquin Phoenix, but I’d advise my fellow fans not to get their hopes too high. He’ll most likely score a nomination, but he seems too abrasive for the Academy to actually get a win.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

After Casey Affleck won, not sure being “abrasive” is anything anyone needs to worry about.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all don’t remember this?
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/oct/19/joaquin-phoenix-oscars-carrot

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all don’t remember this? https://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/oct/19/joaquin-phoenix-oscars-carrot

Darling, so did Gary Oldman and we all know how that ended…

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all don’t remember this? https://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/oct/19/joaquin-phoenix-oscars-carrot

He sure wants the carrot now.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, so did Gary Oldman and we all know how that ended…

Oh I meant in terms of campaigning.

It was one of the most uncomfortable periods of my life when Walk the Line was going through all the awards stuff and all that. I never want to have that experience again. I don’t know how to explain it – and it’s not like I’m in this place where I think I’m just above it – but I just don’t ever want to get comfortable with that part of things.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

He sure wants the carrot now.

Viggo Mortensen said during Green Book’s promotion that none of the award stuff matters and these things are subjective things yet he got nominated everywhere.

Actors are saying this stuff everywhere to look cool but once they sense their chance,they jump on.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

lol yeah Viggo had his own controversy that season that was much worse than being called abrasive many years ago. Phoenix is fine if that is the worst thing on him.

Hector Raskolnikov
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been reading this topic, and realize that my boy Adam Sandler is not getting the respect he deserves. Early reviews of Uncut Gems are being fantastic.

Ok, the Safdie Brothers may be so much agressive and dizzying for Academy, but i see a nomination for Sandler very possible. They love a underdog story.

And A24 is pushing this movie to release in December. They will campaign heavily for Sandler.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, nothing from the Safdie Brothers is getting nominated at the Oscars. You must know that already.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Joaquin Phoenix, but I’d advise my fellow fans not to get their hopes too high. He’ll most likely score a nomination, but he seems too abrasive for the Academy to actually get a win.

Roman Polanski literally raped a girl in the arse and got an Oscar, Joaquin will be fine lol

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Judging by the early reviews for Bad Education, I HOPE it gets moved to 2020, if only to see Hugh Jackman get an Oscar- apparently he’s terrific in the movie.

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams, Mahershala Ali, and Jason Bateman.

Oscars 2020: I stan Robert Downey, Jr., Alan Silvestri, Willem Dafoe, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan David Harbour

UnderHerEye
    Participant
    Topics:

Roman Polanski literally raped a girl in the arse and got an Oscar, Joaquin will be fine lol

You don’t have to be so vulgar…

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, nothing from the Safdie Brothers is getting nominated at the Oscars. You must know that already.

I just don’t see the academy giving Adam Sandler of all people an Oscar nomination after how many infamously terrible movies he’s been in. And yes I know that people can come back from bad careers, but this year’s Actor field is so stacked and Uncut Gems isn’t really getting much buzz, so I don’t think this is the right year for that to happen.

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

That gif is so overused by you at this point.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 523 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.