Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 523 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Thatcher
Seven
  • thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I just don’t see the academy giving Adam Sandler of all people an Oscar nomination after how many infamously terrible movies he’s been in. And yes I know that people can come back from bad careers, but this year’s Actor field is so stacked and Uncut Gems isn’t really getting much buzz, so I don’t think this is the right year for that to happen.

Agreed. Unlike Jennifer Lopez in Supporting Actress (which I’m not currently predicting), this field is far too crowded to include someone who’s had such a poorly received filmography as Sandler.

Hengedrita
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that DiCaprio is getting snubbed this year. He just won and there are way too many great performances this year. Rooting for:

Robert Pattinson – The Lighthouse
    Joaquin Phoenix – Joker
    Christian Bale – Ford vs Ferrari
    Adam Driver – Marriage Story
    Antonio Banderas – Pain and Glory

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that DiCaprio is getting snubbed this year. He just won and there are way too many great performances this year. Rooting for:

Robert Pattinson – The Lighthouse
    Joaquin Phoenix – Joker
    Christian Bale – Ford vs Ferrari
    Adam Driver – Marriage Story
    Antonio Banderas – Pain and Glory

You are right indeed DiCaprio is getting snubbed and now I can see it clearly more and more.I don’t know yet about better but there are so many more baity performances.

*Robert Pattinson for Lighthouse ain’t happening.

*Bale is Supporting in Ford v Ferrari.

*Banderas can make the list

*Joaquin(Winner) and Driver are locks as of now.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin Phoenix… OMG!! Let it happen.

Taron Egerton deserves a nom for Rocketman and I want Michael B Jordan there as well

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

At the moment I still think DiCaprio is making it in but just barely. Being in a movie nominated for best picture is a huge advantage and the category is not going to fill up with Murphy, Banderas, Jordan, Rhys, DeNiro, Pattinson, Pryce, and Brown all before DiCaprio. As of now, only Driver is in a movie more likely to get into best picture.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Shouty DiCaprio is getting snubbed as he deserves.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Shouty DiCaprio is getting snubbed as he deserves.

Thanks for telling us your non serious opinion on OUATIH without yet having seen the movie.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Participant
    Topics:

Thanks for telling us your non serious opinion on OUATIH without yet having seen the movie.

Darling, are you nuts? Of course I’ve seen that atrocious movie. I only liked Margot. I think it’s not necessary to say some spoilers. But I will to end your lies, darling. [SPOILERS] I thought that finale was offensive. I thought Disgustantino would have done justice to Sharon’s murder with a scene depicting that moment. But no, he decided to mock the incident and that scene was so over the top. The dog and Brad Pitt high as hell? The fire on the swimming pool? What the hell? And DiCaprio was over the top and overacted the whole movie. What the fuck was that long as hell scene shooting the TV show? I was tremendously bored. The only good scene was with the little girl, who outacted DiCaprio for sure. And Al Pacino was really wasted and overacted as well. Disgusting. [END OF SPOILERS]
    Will you shut up, Disgustantino groupie?

• This reply was modified 6 days, 4 hours ago by  Thatcher.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 4 hours ago by  Thatcher.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Banderas needs this passion to stick, I’d love to see it happen but I’m less confident when Driver, Phoenix, and Pryce (yes) are all locked, and Dicaprio in a Tarantino is in until a precursor drops him, which is possible but I won’t believe it til I see it  A subtle performance in a foreign language film (which isn’t even going to be the token FLF of the year, that’s Parasite and Portrait of a Lady on Fire) feels kinda like a dream in a category this crowded.

Participant
    Topics:

Banderas needs this passion to stick, I’d love to see it happen but I’m less confident when Driver, Phoenix, and Pryce (yes) are all locked, and Dicaprio in a Tarantino is in until a precursor drops him, which is possible but I won’t believe it til I see it A subtle performance in a foreign language film (which isn’t even going to be the token FLF of the year, that’s Parasite and Portrait of a Lady on Fire) feels kinda like a dream in a category this crowded.

Darling, Banderas is happening. DiCaprio is getting desevedly snubbed.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Pryce a lock?

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think that (some of) the critics will back Antonio Banderas and his performance this year, so hopefully that will help him on his journey towards his first Oscar nomination.

But yes… the performance isn’t a “loud” one, so he will need the help/support.

thomasrigours
    Participant
    Topics:

Well that’s funny
    Venice Film Festival is the biggest film festival in the world
    Cannes and Berlin follow it on #2 and #3

Now,Hollywood movies that won Golden Lion have always been great deal at Oscars and overall Hollywood award season even more so recently.

Winning Golden Lion is always huge and but more huge if it’s a Hollywood movie.

Recent US movies that won Golden Lion

2017 The Shape of Water
    2018 Roma
    2008 The Wrestler
    2005 Brokeback Mountain

LMAO Cannes is a waaaay bigger festival than Venice. Everybody knows the Cannes Film Festival and the Palme d’or is a much respected prize. You just pay attention to the Golden Lion because Venice is playing the game of the Oscar race since three years..

Participant
    Topics:

Is Pryce a lock?

Darling, I think he can get in, but he’s far from a lock lmao.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Banderas won Cannes Best Actor right? I believe he’s a stable contender. And he’ll get his due. People forget Banderas was a big movie star in the 90s, early 2000s. Pryce is netflix third contender along with Driver and DeNiro. I really dont think he’s happening outside of the Globes.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 523 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.