Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 511 through 523 (of 523 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Thatcher
Seven
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, Banderas is happening. DiCaprio is getting desevedly snubbed.

Using snub and deserve in same sentences.
    Why would it be a snub if he deserved it.
    Last I checked,snub means a deserving performance not making it in.

LMAO Cannes is a waaaay bigger festival than Venice. Everybody knows the Cannes Film Festival and the Palme d’or is a much respected prize. You just pay attention to the Golden Lion because Venice is playing the game of the Oscar race since three years..

I am sorry,I could be wrong.All Cannes,Berlin and Venice are top 3 film festivals but I still think Venice is biggest and most prestigious film festival being the oldest at 87yrs whereas Cannes is 72yrs and Berlin 69yrs.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Banderas won Cannes Best Actor right? I believe he’s a stable contender. And he’ll get his due. People forget Banderas was a big movie star in the 90s, early 2000s. Pryce is netflix third contender along with Driver and DeNiro. I really dont think he’s happening outside of the Globes.

If De Niro *somehow* flops, Pryce will be Netflix’s second push. And Driver will be such a strong contender that Netflix wouldn’t care about sacrificing one contender.

Of course, what I just said is in my dream anyway and there’s little chance De Niro will flop.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Banderas won Cannes Best Actor right? I believe he’s a stable contender. And he’ll get his due. People forget Banderas was a big movie star in the 90s, early 2000s. Pryce is netflix third contender along with Driver and DeNiro. I really dont think he’s happening outside of the Globes.

I agree about Banderas, but disagree about Pryce. He’s an extremely respected veteran and he’s got great reviews. Driver will definitely get in over him, but Pryce currently looks more likely than De Niro.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree about Banderas, but disagree about Pryce. He’s an extremely respected veteran and he’s got great reviews. Driver will definitely get in over him, but Pryce currently looks more likely than De Niro.

Yep, I think Pryce is criminally underrated now. He may not be popular to the public, but he must be respected within the industry. You can hear a loud cheer whenever Glenn Close mentions him at an award ceremony.

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s gonna be Phoenix, Banderas, Driver, Pryce and Leo. I just feel like De Niro won’t have the material? Otherwise he’s replacing Leo or Pryce. So many Netflix actors tho..

mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Pryce is a lock. The film has already a 88 in Metacritic and in the 3 last movies written by McCarten 3 actors won the Oscar, so i think he is in, at least for a nomination.
    DiCaprio will be snubbed for portraying DiCaprio. I have my doubts the same with De Niro.

My predictions:
    Antonio Banderas- Pain and Glory
    Adam Driver- Marriage Story
    Edward Norton- Motherless Brooklyn
    Joaquin Phoenix- Joker
    Jonathan Pryce- The Popes

• This reply was modified 6 days, 7 hours ago by  Mario Gomez.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 7 hours ago by  Mario Gomez.
    JanisEye
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Pryce a lock?

Yes.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Too many Netflix movies and actors.

Netflix movies that’ll run for maximum 3 weeks in theatres.

As time passes,Oscar movies are getting bound to streaming sites and 3 week theatre run.

It’s certainly bad for Cinema.That is why Joker and OUATIH are so special movies this year,like em or hate em.

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Pryce a lock?

If there’s still justice, yes.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Too many Netflix movies and actors. Netflix movies that’ll run for maximum 3 weeks in theatres. As time passes,Oscar movies are getting bound to streaming sites and 3 week theatre run. It’s certainly bad for Cinema.That is why Joker and OUATIH are so special movies this year,like em or hate em.

That doesn’t really make either of those movies special. Most films are released in theatres. Joker and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood aren’t exceptions to the rule.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Leo’s gonna make it in but he’s very vulnerable.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

That doesn’t really make either of those movies special. Most films are released in theatres. Joker and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood aren’t exceptions to the rule.

You don’t get the point.

OUATIH and Joker are Oscar Bait/Festival movies that released worldwide for worldwide audience and are crowd pleasers and good earners.

The Two Popes,Marriage Story,The Irishman are good quality Oscar bait movies that will only see 3 week theatre run and that too only in US.

Time for Oscar movies at wide range release worldwide on theatre will gradually end.OUATIH,Joker and also Ford vs Ferrari are that’s why special.

That’s why OUATIH is dubbed as love letter to old Hollywood.Oscar bait movies or the original movies time at theatre is decreasing and will decrease in further future,no matter how much we deny and hate it.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 6 hours ago by  Hammad Asif.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 6 hours ago by  Hammad Asif.

Yal
    Participant
    Topics:

It was a pleasure meeting the immensely talented Joaquin Phoenix! Wish him the best of luck this Oscars season! ¡Buena suerte!

Viewing 13 posts - 511 through 523 (of 523 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.