Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 501 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
RobScottDays
Victor Cruz
Countess Luann
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I still feel like passion for Zellweger is low so thats why I think Erivo may just do it.

The only place passion is low for her is here on Gold Derby! She’s going to win the Oscar this year.

Faux architect
    Participant
    Topics:

Let Cynthia win.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

The Academy is going with Renee. Scarlett could pull a surprise win, but no one else is winning.

Kubrick
    Participant
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo for the win? Not a chance.

She’ll be fourth, at best.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Kubrick.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Kubrick.
    KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

People will compare Zellweger to Close but unlike Close Zellweger has the biopic/playing a beloved performer boost, the comeback angle and more people actually watched her movie. They didn’t like it enough to nominate it but they watched it.

ricardo
    Participant
    Topics:

The only place passion for her is low is here on Gold Derby! She’s going to win the Oscar this year.

This is so true! Gold Derby is so anti-Renee that it’s not the most reliable predictor for Best Actress this season.

Countess Luann
    Participant
    Topics:

Victor Cruz : Saoirse Ronan be nominated for doing the same thing.

Charlize Theron literally earned her 3rd nom for portraying another real life person.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I still feel like passion for Zellweger is low so thats why I think Erivo may just do it.

I don’t think there’s true ‘passion’ for anyone, but since Zellweger is sweeping everything and is playing a legendary figure, she’s the de facto winner.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Victor Cruz : Saoirse Ronan be nominated for doing the same thing. Charlize Theron literally earned her 3rd nom for portraying another real life person.

Yes, all “real life people” are the same; what a great response.

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Charlize Theron literally earned her 3rd nom for portraying another real life person.

There is so much range and diversity between all three of her nominated performances. That is why Charlize is one of the greatest actresses of her generation. Please sit.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo will be crowned and you all know it.

Countess Luann
    Participant
    Topics:

There is so much range and diversity between all three of her nominated performances. That is why Charlize is one of the greatest actresses of her generation. Please sit.

I don’t hate on CharlizeAfrica, in fact I love her, but that Saoirse Ronan’s bias is becoming tiresome. Her performance in Atonement and Brooklyn are very different so are her two last nominated ones if you compare them.

Countess Luann
    Participant
    Topics:

That is why Charlize is one of the greatest actresses of her generation. Please sit.

So is the acclaimed and four time Academy award nominee, Mrs. Saoirse Ronan.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t hate on CharlizeAfrica, in fact I love her, but that Saoirse Ronan’s bias is becoming tiresome. Her performance in Atonement and Brooklyn are very different so are her two last nominated ones if you compare them.

You don’t need to go after other actors in order to defend an actor you like.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

And who was the lead? Nicholas Hoult? The rabbits? The ladies are either all leads, have just one lead, or are composed of two co-leads with one supporting player. There is no way all three are supporting characters in their own film.

I agree with her/him. It’s an ensemble, the three are supporting each other. The three together are the leads, but none of them is THE lead. They should all be considered Supporting, IMO. Even if we take the screentime for each into consideration, it’s still clear that even Emma isn’t the lead. She’s absent half of the time and Weisz has more “presence” than her.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  MarinaBelo2.
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.