Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
RobScottDays
Victor Cruz
Teresa Chavez
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

There is so much range and diversity between all three of her nominated performances. That is why Charlize is one of the greatest actresses of her generation. Please sit.

Exactly! Kord is so stupid he thinks Aileen Wuornos, Megyn Kelly and Josey Aimes are the same people lol. They’re Totally different human beings with different mannerisms and behavior.

On the other hand, Saoirse Ronan is behaving and doing the same thing in all her films. She’s a good DRAMATIC actress but the girl can’t become different characters. Her talent can only go so far.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Exactly! Kord is so stupid he thinks Aileen Wuornos, Megyn Kelly and Josey Aimes are the same people lol. They’re Totally different human beings with different mannerisms and behavior. On the other hand, Saoirse Ronan is behaving and doing the same thing in all her films. She’s a good DRAMATIC actress but the girl can’t become different characters. Her talent can only go so far.

I disagree about Ronan, but even if that were true, that doesn’t mean her work isn’t excellent. Isabelle Huppert attemps to “morph” even less than Saoirse and her work is fantastic, too.

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

Ronan is the least versatile of the 5 nominees. Even Erivo has proven more versatility with like 3 roles. BUT Ronan is really good in the costume Dramas. She’s like a more acclaimed Keira Knightly.

Whatever happened with Keira Knightly though? Is she never coming back to the awards race?

Profile picture
    Teresa Chavez
    Topics:

You don’t need to go after other actors in order to defend an actor you like.

Well I like Theron more and I could care less for Ronan. In fact, I too think that she should go into the unexpected, but her 4 nominated performances are so not alike.

Profile picture
    Teresa Chavez
    Topics:

Theron is winning SAG.  NOT happening!

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I disagree about Ronan, but even if that were true, that doesn’t mean her work isn’t excellent. Isabelle Huppert attemps to “morph” even less than Saoirse and her work is fantastic, too.

I said she’s a good dramatic actress. But becoming different people is not her thing. She can’t do it.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, I like Ronan, but she’s not versatile at all. You can see lots of similarities in all her performances. That doesn’t mean she’s a bad actress. She’s indeed very classy and Thatcherian, but being honest, versatility is definitely not her strength, dear citizens. A Prime Minister always tells the truth.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Ronan needs a biopic to prove her versatility. Preferably some country singer no one has heard about but everyone will pretend they love for the duration of the awards season. She needs to prove that she can sit in a chair while her makeup guy works on her face. That is versatility.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Greg
    Topics:

Whatever happened with Keira Knightly though? Is she never coming back to the awards race?

Her last nomination was in 2015 but this year she was critically acclaim in Official Secrets, with some calling it the best performance of her career, but once again her movie are overlooked (like Colette last year). It’s a shame.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Ronan needs a biopic to prove her versatility. Preferably some country singer no one has heard about but everyone will pretend they love for the duration of the awards season. She needs to prove that she can sit in a chair while her makeup guy works on her face. That is versatility.

She also must cry in a mirror and have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. +1 if she has a sympathetic glance towards a child or dog at some point in the movie.

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

Colette getting buried in the campaign war for best actress last year was a travesty

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

chastain has got that covered with her tammy wynette biopic (not the one with garfield)

imagine tho, ronan in a gigantic blonde wig and fake boobs singing jolene, I’d watch the shit out of that movie

Profile picture
    Teresa Chavez
    Topics:

She also must cry in a mirror and have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. +1 if she has a sympathetic glance towards a child or dog at some point in the movie.

I love.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

chastain has got that covered with her tammy wynette biopic (not the one with garfield) imagine tho, ronan in a gigantic blonde wig and fake boobs singing jolene, I’d watch the shit out of that movie

We got Megan Hilty for that!

Profile picture
    Jake
    Topics:

Is Jessica Chastain playing Tammy Wynette? I hope the film covers her performance on “Justified and Ancient”, what a track! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.