Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
RobScottDays
Victor Cruz
Teresa Chavez
  • Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Because sheeee’s the beeeest option!

Exactly! The experts have her at #2 also and for a long time. Did some one hacked their accounts? lmfaoo. People are Hillarious.

PeytonKawai
    Participant
    Topics:

Bombshell is done already. At the Oscars, film only has make-up besides two acting categories. And Theron didn’t win any important awards.

SAG will go to Zellweger, or Nyong’o just like Idris Elba or Emily Blunt.

BAFTA also will go to Zellweger, who is frontrunner and in British film, or Ronan for her overdue triumph and like AACTA.

So Zellweger will win Oscar, and only upset is Ronan with BAFTA and AACTA supports if she wins BAFTA.

FYC Emmy: Drama Series ー ACTOR (Tobias Menzies), ACTRESS (Olivia Colman),
    SUP. ACTOR (Ben Daniels, Jason Watkins, Mark Duplass), SUP. ACTRESS (Helena Bonham Carter, Erin Doherty, Gugu Mbatha-Raw),
    GUEST ACTOR (Josh O'Connor, Charles Dance, Derek Jacobi), GUEST ACTRESS (Jane Lapotaire, Geraldine Chaplin)

Nicolás Pintamalli
    Participant
    Topics:

I want un upset with Scarlett Johansson but Oscars have only upset so far to Glenn Close and nothing else.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    PeytonKawai
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, Zellweger won BIFA and probably will win BAFTA. But are you redicting For Sama will win Best Documentary and Best British Film? BIFA and BAFTA are totally different. Very unlikely but she’s the only possible upset.

FYC Emmy: Drama Series ー ACTOR (Tobias Menzies), ACTRESS (Olivia Colman),
    SUP. ACTOR (Ben Daniels, Jason Watkins, Mark Duplass), SUP. ACTRESS (Helena Bonham Carter, Erin Doherty, Gugu Mbatha-Raw),
    GUEST ACTOR (Josh O'Connor, Charles Dance, Derek Jacobi), GUEST ACTRESS (Jane Lapotaire, Geraldine Chaplin)

Pranksalot
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that I have seen Little Women. I’m just wondering why Saoirse Ronan made the list. It’s basically a Lady Bird sequel with a period setting. There’s nothing award worthy here. Ronan is a capable actress, but she needs to end this coming of age stuff. She’s in her early to mid 20s even. Jennifer Lawrence was already playing a full grown woman at that age.

Laura Dern was way better here than she was in Marriage Story, but none is an award worthy performance. Just none

You were one of those railing against Ronan the entire time even before watching little women. If you watch a film with a heavy prejudice mind, it’s hard to change that mindset. You prob sat down watching little women and tried hard throughout the movie trying to find faults.

Those who are criticizing saoirse are mostly salty people upset that their actress didn’t get a nomination or jealous on behalf of the actress their supporting. There’s more to life than attacking those who worked hard to get to where they are. Constructive criticism is wonderful but so far most of them aren’t. They’re mostly soft cotton ball critiques that are used to enable the actresses they support.

Pranksalot
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I like Ronan, but she’s not versatile at all. You can see lots of similarities in all her performances. That doesn’t mean she’s a bad actress. She’s indeed very classy and Thatcherian, but being honest, versatility is definitely not her strength, dear citizens. A Prime Minister always tells the truth.

an actress not being versatile is high definition of not being a good actress. An actress must be able to perform and be different characters almost effortlessly. And that’s what Ronan does.
    how the heck does one see similarities in her work in atonement vs her character in lady bird? How does one see similarities in her work in Hanna vs Little Women? How does one see similarities in her in I could never be your woman vs Brooklyn?

come on. Let’s not try to pretend now that you like someone when you dont. That’s a dig at someone but sugarcoated.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

an actress not being versatile is high definition of not being a good actress. An actress must be able to perform and be different characters almost effortlessly. And that’s what Ronan does.
    how the heck does one see similarities in her work in atonement vs her character in lady bird? How does one see similarities in her work in Hanna vs Little Women? How does one see similarities in her in I could never be your woman vs Brooklyn?

come on. Let’s not try to pretend now that you like someone when you dont. That’s a dig at someone but sugarcoated.

There are actors that just don’t have the talent to become different characters.

Saoirse is good at portraying emotions but she doesn’t become different people. Portraying different people require different mannerisms, way of speaking and walking, different behavior. Saoirse just doesn’t have that.

Only the greats can do it(Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Charlize Theron, Christian Bale, Daniel Day Lewis) and a few others.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo is winning this.

Sorry, Zellwy.

Keth
    Participant
    Topics:

And Frances read “Olivia Colman.” Almost a year later and I still remember how I felt betrayed by my ears as I 100% expected to hear “Glenn Close”.

I guess this proves that locks aren’t always 100%, although Renee Zellweger is my Oscar prediction for Best Actress and nothing is going to change that. I might reconsider if she loses SAG, BAFTA and the Spirit (pulling for an upset by Mary Kay Place here). Then again, I really don’t know who Renee would lose the Oscar to. She’s a lock in my book – a 90% lock.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

My ranking of the nominees

Cynthia Erivo

Charlize Theron

Renée Zellweger

Saoirse Ronan

Scarlett Johansson

Imagine A World Without Movies

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo is winning this. Sorry, Zellwy.

Cynthia deserves it 100%

Imagine A World Without Movies

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

And Frances read “Olivia Colman.” Almost a year later and I still remember how I felt betrayed by my ears as I 100% expected to hear “Glenn Close”. I guess this proves that locks aren’t always 100%, although Renee Zellweger is my Oscar prediction for Best Actress and nothing is going to change that. I might reconsider if she loses SAG, BAFTA and the Spirit (pulling for an upset by Mary Kay Place here). Then again, I really don’t know who Renee would lose the Oscar to. She’s a lock in my book – a 90% lock.

Close wasn’t really a lock.  A lock should be someone who has won all the important precursors like Malek. If Malek had lost the BAFTA to Bale most people would have predicted Bale to win the Oscar. Nevertheless almost everyone still predicted Close after the BAFTA loss because of the overdue narrative.

Matheus Vaz
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>How many critics  awards Renne won?</p>

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Erivo is going to upset at SAG and then win the Oscar.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.