Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
RobScottDays
Victor Cruz
Teresa Chavez
  • RobScottDays
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Erivo is going to upset at SAG and then win the Oscar.

Anything is possible. This award is definitely anyone but Renees.

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo is not winning.

RobScottDays
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>How many critics awards Renne won?</p>

A very small amount.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all refuse to accept Erivo was second at the Globes and the mega prestigious CC last Sunday. Prepared to be shocked.

Keth
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all refuse to accept Erivo was second at the Globes and the mega prestigious CC last Sunday. Prepared to be shocked.

I’m not disputing what you are saying about Erivo, but how do you know she finished second at the Globes and Critics Choice? Do they release the vote counts? Just curious.

NevadaR
    Participant
    Topics:

They are trolling.

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

Jessica Lange is an American actress. She is the thirteenth actress in history to achieve the Triple Crown of Acting, having won two Academy Awards, three Primetime Emmy Awards, one Tony Award, one Screen Actors Guild Award, and five Golden Globe Awards. Additionally, she is the second actress in history to win the Academy Award for Best Actress after winning the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, the third actress and first performer since 1943 to receive two Oscar nominations within the same year, the fifth actress and ninth performer to win Oscars in both the lead and supporting acting categories, and is tied as the sixth most Oscar-nominated actress in history. Lange holds the record for the most Golden Globe nominations in the Best Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television category, and is the second actress with the most Golden Globe nominations in history. She is the only performer ever to win Primetime Emmy Awards in both the Outstanding Supporting Actress and Outstanding Lead Actress categories for the same miniseries. Lange has also garnered one Critics Choice Awardand three Dorian Awards, making her the most honored actress by the Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association.

Jessica Lange is definitely a legend, why isn’t she considered as such?

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of people will vote for Harriet Tubman not Cynthia Erivo. She could upset at SAG since Harriet is too legendary.

Remember Renee is a favorite for the person she’s playing not the acting. Cynthia can compete with her since she’s playing someone who actually changed history,

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of people will vote for Harriet Tubman not Cynthia Erivo. She could upset at SAG since Harriet is too legendary. Remember Renee is a favorite for the person she’s playing not the acting. Cynthia can compete with her since she’s playing someone who actually changed history,

lol.

Too bad Megyn Kelly isn’t a legendary.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Teresa Chavez.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Teresa Chavez.
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Jessica Lange is definitely a legend, why isn’t she considered as such?

She is!

Elazul
    Participant
    Topics:

She is!

Not her filmography though I guess… Frances is often mentioned here but otherwise does the general public remember it at all? Same for Blue Sky, she doesn’t seem to have that one movie at least everyone will remember her for, i.e. The Queen for Helen Mirren…

Faux architect
    Participant
    Topics:

Not her filmography though I guess… Frances is often mentioned here but otherwise does the general public remember it at all? Same for Blue Sky, she doesn’t seem to have that one movie at least everyone will remember her for, i.e. The Queen for Helen Mirren…

Girl, who remembers The Queen?
    Edit: on second thought, I understand what you meant. Lange just doesn’t have that recent hit except for AHS.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  M Bocioaca.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  M Bocioaca.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

RobScottDays
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of people will vote for Harriet Tubman not Cynthia Erivo. She could upset at SAG since Harriet is too legendary. Remember Renee is a favorite for the person she’s playing not the acting. Cynthia can compete with her since she’s playing someone who actually changed history,

I believe more than any user on here that Renee is losing but the better bet is really on anyone else other than Cynthia lol. Even I have her in last. If you want to see an upset (which is happening), look at Scar, Theoron, or Lupita at SAG, Ronan at BAFTA and any of those (minus Lupita) at Oscar.

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl, who remembers The Queen? Edit: on second thought, I understand what you meant. Lange just doesn’t have that recent hit except for AHS.

Even when you talk about her with random people, like they know Meryl won many Oscars and stuff, but they barely know Lange won 2, with 3 additional Emmys awards etc… or they just don’t care?

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.