Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
RobScottDays
Victor Cruz
Teresa Chavez
  • marcelo
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t really care about this category anymore. My friend Yal was snubbed. Estamos contigo cariño.

Por qué película?

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope the “So-white” controversy somehow pushes Cynthia Erivo to a win. She deserves it, but we all know that narrative helps a lot too

Imagine A World Without Movies

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope the “So-white” controversy somehow pushes Cynthia Erivo to a win. She deserves it, but we all know that narrative helps a lot too

Don’t worry. Erivo has this in the bag.  Voters will be mesmerized by her grace and humility.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Por qué película?

No le hagas caso. Todos sabemos que María Elena toma muchos medicamentos y esta loca.

Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t worry. Erivo has this in the bag. Voters will be mesmerized by her grace and humility.

Both of you are joking right?!

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Both of you are joking right?!

I am as serious as the writing in the final season of Game of Thrones.

RobScottDays
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m glad to see so many of y’all finally coming on board with me that Renee is losing. Your predictions on who’s besting her are all over the place but that’s ok- it makes it exciting.

Keth
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think Erivo playing a slave hurts her? I was listening to Trevor Noah criticizing the Academy for the lack of diversity in the acting categories. Although he was happy for Erivo being nominated, he mentioned that it was predictable that the only person of color nominated was playing a slave.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Keth.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Keth.
    Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

Por qué película?

Por Venir.

PrinceComplex
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally finished watching Harriet, stopped 3/4 way weeks ago I just couldn’t stomach how lazy that movie was. Erivo is not horrendous in it but one dimensional, she got nominated solely due to her character. All tea.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think Erivo playing a slave hurts her? I was listening to Trevor Noah criticizing the Academy for the lack of diversity in the acting categories. Although he was happy for Erivo being nominated, he mentioned that it was predictable that the only person of color nominated was playing a slave.

I don’t think that Hurts. What hurts her is lack of precursor support, but it’s about time they award someone that wasn’t rewarded in the precursor level. We need another black best actress winner

Imagine A World Without Movies

RobScottDays
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that we are less than 24 hours away from Renee losing SAG and her Oscar chances vanishing quicker than a cohesive plot of any Ryan Murphy series, let’s see what the new narrative will be in this race…

If Lupita wins, we wait to see if Ronan wins BAFTA. If ScarJo or Charlize win, we have a new frontrunner. And if Cynthia wins, we giggle. Regardless, we should finally be putting to bed this notion that the race is over and Renee has it. And I couldn’t be happier.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

The envelope at the Oscars will say “GLENN CLOSE”

Josh O'Connor warrior
    Participant
    Topics:

Having seen all of the Best Actress performances, I truly believe that Renee deserves it. Sure, it makes for a boring awards season when there are sweeps, but her portrayal as Judy Garland was sensational.

However, judging by the other posts, I think I might be in the minority.

Emmys FYC:
    Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Josh O'Connor (The Crown)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: D'Arcy Carden (The Good Place)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series: Toni Collette (Unbelievable)

PrinceComplex
    Participant
    Topics:

Did Dana Rimons escape the asylum or something?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.