Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
RobScottDays
Victor Cruz
Teresa Chavez
  • Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

I got into an discussion with Becky Rommel doppelgänger regarding who’s gonna win BA. – – – – – – “I’m sorry to say Renee was not the best actress on that list. Cynthia Erivo deserved the award.” I asked her why “The whole movie I felt like I was watching Renee mimicking Judy. In contrast, when I saw Harriett, I was completely transported. Erivo WAS Harriet Tubman. Her mannerism is exactly like Harriet point blank. I predicted that she would win every major awards, but if she were to lose to Renee not because Renee was the better actor but because Hollywood cannot bring themselves to award a film that champions God.”

That whole paragraph about Erivo is a blasphemy and she better not come across with it because her ego is big enough as it is. And how the hell are you gonna know about Tubmans mannerisms as if. 😒🤨

Profile picture
    lady_bird
    Topics:

I still have a feeling that Johansson or Theron will get snubbed tomorrow whew chile

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

I am happy for Zellweger, but the fact that she’s about to be 2x Oscar winner and Close still has zero after last year is maddening.

Profile picture
    RobScottDays
    Topics:

Meh. Grats to Renee on her CC but it really doesn’t change anything. Lupita can and I believe will win SAG and shake this whole race up. After all, Glenn tied GaGa at CC and she went on to lose so this is nothing. Better speech than at the GG though.

Wanted to add to this….

As of now, I think the rest of the “biggies” goes like this…

Say- Lupita

Bafta- Renee or Ronan

Oscar- Lupita

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Zzzzz. Two PoC acting winners last year. Can’t happen every year. Next.

Shut Up…….

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I am happy for Zellweger, but the fact that she’s about to be 2x Oscar winner and Close still has zero after last year is maddening.

I would be happy if her Oscars were actually deserved.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Wanted to add to this….

As of now, I think the rest of the “biggies” goes like this…

Say- Lupita

Bafta- Renee or Ronan

Oscar- Lupita

I sincerely hope you’re right

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

I have this weird gut feeling that Theron’s name isn’t getting called tomorrow. Call me crazy, but I’m predicting it anyway.

It’s not a crazy prediction. Her performance has no passion. Lupita is the critics’ darling, and could be the(not so) unexpected nominee like Marion was in 2015 and Aparicio was this year. I have a feeling Lupita AND(sadly) Erivo are making it in because they will want diversity in the category and they won’t be so sure of who has the upper hand, so many people will vote for both. I don’t think Awkwafina is being taken seriously even with a Globe win, and maybe it was too late for that.

I believe Theron will barely get a nom, but if she’s snubbed, I won’t be shocked.

My prediction is:

Zellweger
    Johansson
    Theron
    Erivo
    N’yongo

I believe Ronan is out because she became a player “too late”.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I don’t understand giving Renee another Oscar when her career in film is basically dead. She’s about to give Hillary Swank a run for her money. Maybe she’ll get a better tv role.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Lack of competition. If there was another colman this year, wrinkles wouldnt have had a chance.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Shut Up…….

No need to answer that racist fuckhead. He’s the absolute worst

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Why are you guys trying to make Lupita happen??? She’s not winning SAG lmao

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Either way, Scarlett’s not winning jack, so that’s a moot point.

Profile picture
    WildforFilm
    Topics:

Why are you guys trying to make Lupita happen??? She’s not winning SAG lmao

Because she was great in Us! I used to hate on Lupita but her performance in Us completely changed my view of her as an actress. I still have to see Judy, so its hard for me to root for Zellweger or actually know how deserving she is compared to her pretty great competition.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

I don’t understand giving Renee another Oscar when her career in film is basically dead. She’s about to give Hillary Swank a run for her money. Maybe she’ll get a better tv role.

She’s winning thanks to her character. She wouldn’t win if it wasn’t named Judy Garland. Johansson would, probably.

And I’m not talking about being deserving or not, but about what would happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.