Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
RobScottDays
Victor Cruz
Teresa Chavez
  • Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

If they truly didn’t like her she wouldn’t be winning. But yeah it does feel like their was some tension but it was much better than that of the golden globes and her and Joaquins speeches were great

It’s definitely not tension in the way you’re saying it.
    Also if you check up awards winners acceptable speeches vids, y’all would see people always listen like that. Not everyone is uncivilized lol, they just listen carefully, it’s not the Billboard music awards or some MTV vma’s.

Josh O'Connor warrior
    Participant
    Topics:

ugh cant believe renee is going to win for such a basic part.

Since when has Judy Garland ever been considered basic?

Emmys FYC:
    Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Josh O'Connor (The Crown)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: D'Arcy Carden (The Good Place)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series: Toni Collette (Unbelievable)

Joe Burns
    Participant
    Topics:

Renee is steamrolling- pulling for Ronan at the BAFTAs but we’ll see.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

The “tension” with Renée again I think is just getting reacclimated to her after a long awards hiatus. Her acceptance speeches have come across somewhat odd and affacted, and I particularly find her Texan drawl “hey y’allzzz!” being excessively put-upon and self-serving. As superficial as this all is, she looks markedly different now, and that double standard serves women far worse than it does for men of the same age and older. Some see her coasting to a second Oscar win for a marginal film like “Judy” as being overkill, even if this is a “Justice for Garland”-level sentimental vote that the Academy can rest its collective heads on for its past injustices. It’s not knocking Renée’s work or commitment to the performance, which was far better than the film that contained it, but she’s extremely lucky that she landed in a weak category field like this and playing such a beloved icon. If only Glenn Close could have been this lucky in the past…

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

Since when has Judy Garland ever been considered basic?

Don’t pay attention, some people are just plain dumb.

Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

If everyone disliked Renee then she wouldn’t be winning.

Sean Penn. Casey Affleck

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be worried for a Glenn Close, the best thing she could have done was to show up at this events like she did graciously. Just like Dern, she’s winning the BSA next year, but at least she will have THE performance.

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

Sean Penn I’ll give you but was Casey Affleck widely disliked or did people just find him shrug worthy personality wise.

joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be worried for a Glenn Close, the best thing she could have done was to show up at this events like she did graciously. Just like Dern, she’s winning the BSA next year, but at least she will have THE performance.

I love how she was the only SAG winner from year presenting last night.
    She’s starting her campaign early and hopefully she finally wins her Oscar soon

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

There was definitely an error in the SAG envelope. Erivo is the rightful winner.
    She’s coming for that Oscar in “Harriet”. Be ready for this amazing moment.

lady_bird
    Participant
    Topics:

There was definitely an error in the SAG envelope. Erivo is the rightful winner. She’s coming for that Oscar in “Harriet”. Be ready for this amazing moment.

joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

To think that Erivo was the early frontrunner for Best Actress at this point last year

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

To think that Erivo was the early frontrunner for Best Actress at this point last year

On paper it was a perfectly logical prediction, sight unseen. Harriet just needed to be a better film than it ended up being. This time last year I couldn’t help anticipating Harriet Tubman becoming an Oscar-winning role and Erivo making history as the second black woman to win Best Actress. The overall weakness of Harriet was such a wasted opportunity.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Not that it matters. Critics nowadays just try to make people happen, they don’t award the ones they truly think were the year’s best, at least in acting categories.

This is unfounded bullshit.

Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

This is unfounded bullshit.

I mean, he’s kinda right. I’d be happy to get recognition from the major critics groups, but all season they awarded Sandler, Banderas, and Driver their major awards. Then Joaquin won the Globes so instead of voting for their favorites all year they went into Oscar prediction mode lol. Same for Best Actress and Supporting Actress

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.