Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
RobScottDays
Victor Cruz
Teresa Chavez
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Renee Zellweger is the only of the 4 acting locks who I am predicting will win the 3 remaining televised awards: BAFTA, Indie Spirits, and Oscar for a total sweep this year. (I am looking forward to Indie Spirits precisely because we will get 3 different winners in the acting categories – Marriage Story got the Robert Altman award so it won’t be Laura Dern!)

Profile picture
    Singsongoflove01
    Topics:

Renee Zellweger is the only of the 4 acting locks who I am predicting will win the 3 remaining televised awards: BAFTA, Indie Spirits, and Oscar for a total sweep this year. (I am looking forward to Indie Spirits precisely because we will get 3 different winners in the acting categories – Marriage Story got the Robert Altman award so it won’t be Laura Dern!)

She and Erivo are the only ones eligible for the independent spirit awards.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

She and Erivo are the only ones eligible for the independent spirit awards.

Cynthia Erivo is NOT nominated at Indie Spirits; the nominees are Karen Allen, Hong Chau, Elisabeth Moss, Mary Kay Place, Alfre Woodard and Renee Zellweger.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I’m flabbergasted by this accusation.

Profile picture
    Singsongoflove01
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo is NOT nominated at Indie Spirits; the nominees are Karen Allen, Hong Chau, Elisabeth Moss, Mary Kay Place, Alfre Woodard and Renee Zellweger.

Right but she certainly was ELIGIBLE. She just wasn’t nominated. Mary Kay Place and Alfre Woodard stand a shot.

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Right but she certainly was ELIGIBLE. She just wasn’t nominated. Mary Kay Place and Alfre Woodard stand a shot.

I so would love a Mary Kay Place or Alfre Woodard upset, but I’m okay with Renee Zellweger winning. She was awesome as Judy Garland.

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

btw, I voted for both Mary Kay Place and Alfre Woodard in the Gold Derby Best Actress contest. I know nomination voting ended, so when will the Gold Derby nominees be announced? Just really curious…

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I mean, he’s kinda right. I’d be happy to get recognition from the major critics groups, but all season they awarded Sandler, Banderas, and Driver their major awards. Then Joaquin won the Globes so instead of voting for their favorites all year they went into Oscar prediction mode lol. Same for Best Actress and Supporting Actress

You’re comparing real critics awards with the Broadcast Film Critics Association who mostly just go with the presumed Oscar frontrunner with the odd exception. Those recent ties they’ve done with GD frontrunner and spoiler Globe winner are very suspicious.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

btw, I voted for both Mary Kay Place and Alfre Woodard in the Gold Derby Best Actress contest. I know nomination voting ended, so when will the Gold Derby nominees be announced? Just really curious…

I believe it’s tomorrow at 1 p.m. EST?

Profile picture
    James Breheney
    Topics:

I wish you all a happy and healthy awards season. As promised, I will no longer be posting here. I keep my word. But as I say goodbye, let’s all hope to the BAFTA gods that they shake up this category but good and help to shake up Oscar night. It could very well still happen! Be well everyone! Xoxo

Can’t you stay if only for your funny and whacky predictions? They were really fun!

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Boring awards season so I’m still holding out hope for upsets at BAFTA & OSCARS 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Remember when this thread had something to discuss? All the fun is over! What was the most fun moment though… Feel like it was when Clemency hype was beginning and a reasonable possibility because of Woodard’s high level of performance, but then it went nowhere.

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Should they extend the number of nominees for acting categories? That would give a chance to less popular contenders.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Should they extend the number of nominees for acting categories? That would give a chance to less popular contenders.

If they should extend any category it’s Directing. We don’t need more than 20 acting nominees no matter how deserving they are.

Profile picture
    Teresa Chavez
    Topics:

If they should extend any category it’s Directing. We don’t need more than 20 acting nominees no matter how deserving they are.

Most constructive comment from you that I’ve seen so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscars: Best Actress Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.