Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Supporting Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 381 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 mins ago
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
John Berchmans
Salsa Club
  • ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Disney is trying to push for Robert Downy Jr for Best Actor???
    Why aren’t they pushing for Chris Hemsworh for Best Supporting Actor?
    He would make a WELL DESERVING nominee.

He excelled in sadness, anger, comedy, and intoxication. There was also a physical transformation within his character (costume of course). Disney could have pushed him for a win in this category. It might not be too late. I think he deserves it.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  ENGLAND.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  ENGLAND.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Disney is trying to push for Robert Downy Jr for Best Actor???
    Why aren’t they pushing for Chris Hemsworh for Best Supporting Actor?
    He would make a WELL DESERVING nominee.

He excelled in sadness, anger, comedy, and intoxication. There was also a physical transformation within his character (costume of course). Disney could have pushed him for a win in this category. It might not be too late. I think he deserves it.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Disney is trying to push for Robert Downy Jr for Best Actor??? Why aren’t they pushing for Chris Hemsworh for Best Supporting Actor? He would make a WELL DESERVING nominee. He excelled in sadness, anger, comedy, and intoxication. There was also a physical transformation within his character (costume of course). Disney could have pushed him for a win in this category. It might not be too late. I think he deserves it.

Hemaworth was great, but he’s not even the best supporting actor in that film. And an argument can be made that he’s a lead alongside Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans. If any supporting actor deserves an Oscar nomination for Endgame, it’s Josh Brolin. And as someone who loved Endgame, I know that’s not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Disney is trying to push for Robert Downy Jr for Best Actor??? Why aren’t they pushing for Chris Hemsworh for Best Supporting Actor? He would make a WELL DESERVING nominee. He excelled in sadness, anger, comedy, and intoxication. There was also a physical transformation within his character (costume of course). Disney could have pushed him for a win in this category. It might not be too late. I think he deserves it.

Endgame wasn’t even his best performance though: he was much better in Infinity War and Ragnarok. And he wasn’t the best supporting performance of the film either, that was Renner.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Why aren’t they pushing for Chris Hemsworh for Best Supporting Actor? He would make a WELL DESERVING nominee.

I was your Prime Minister once.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

People talking performances in Avenger movies lol

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Because it’s fun, and I hope someday the academy will give one of Marvel’s many great performances some recognition instead of just nominating Joker over and over again. Michael B Jordan was mercilessly snubbed last year, and this would have been Downey Jr.’s year if Lead Actor and Supporting Actor were as weak as Lead Actress and Supporting Actress are.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael B Jordan was mercilessly snubbed last year.

*deservedly snubbed.
    Darling, if a performance from those superhero movies should’ve been nominated last year was Josh Brolin.

I was your Prime Minister once.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

The performances are why MCU movies work.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

no one cares about marvel movies. they have never done well at oscar and endgame isnt going to stop that trend.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Only RDJ has a chance at a nomination, but regarding the talked about performances…

Last Year, Josh Brolin deserved recognition.

For Endgame, Hemsworth was honorable but not Oscar worthy, Evans was his usual good but not great self, and RDJ has the narrative for him. Renner did good but needed more to do.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

no one cares about marvel movies. they have never done well at oscar and endgame isnt going to stop that trend.

Endgame is the highest grossing motion picture of all time. You can say MCU films aren’t Oscar worthy, but it’s factually wrong to say no one cares about Marvel movies.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

So far I would say…

1) Brad Pitt – Once Upon…

2) William Dafoe – The Lighthouse (I mean… if he got in last year!)

3) Tom Hanks – It’s A Beautiful Day… (mark my words: He won’t miss out again. It’s been too long since he’s been last nominated)

4) Sterling K. Brown – Waves (Industry loves him… as long as the movie delivers)

5) Alan Alda – Marriage Story (one of the few actual supporting roles to get in. I think the film will get all 4 acting noms).

—— – – – – –

Bubbling Under…

6) John Lithgow – Bombshell (this movie hasn’t been seen yet, but on paper the role is great and he would be an Oscar comeback story).

7) Jamie Foxx – Just Mercy (Movie got mild to good reviews, but his were great. Have to wait and see how the film performs with critic groups and box office. If it’s a hit, he could get in.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Just a gentle reminder that Asier Etxeandia deserves to be the frontrunner in this category…looking forward to American audiences being able to embrace Dolor y gloria from October 4th.

FYC: Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Supporting Actor)

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Endgame is the highest grossing motion picture of all time. You can say MCU films aren’t Oscar worthy, but it’s factually wrong to say no one cares about Marvel movies.

No it isn’t Star Wars: The Force Awakens is. No one cares about marvel movies when it comes to awards. This is an awards website remember?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 381 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.