Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscars: Best Supporting Actor

2020 Oscars: Best Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 362 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
John Berchmans
Salsa Club
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are y’all bringing up Endgame for OSCARS? It’s not going to happen EVER. RDJ was never in the running for a damn nomination no matter how much stans tried to push that. It’s not going to be a Best Picture nominee either. Black Panther had way more acclaim and a much better narrative.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

*deservedly snubbed.
    Darling, if a performance from those superhero movies should’ve been nominated last year was Josh Brolin.

I agree that Josh Brolin was snubbed last year too (although he was far from the first great Mo-Cap performance to be snubbed) but Michael B Jordan was just as good. Even if you didn’t like that specific performance (and you’re not the only one), it was still the best chance he had at getting nominated for a very long time.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

No it isn’t Star Wars: The Force Awakens is. No one cares about marvel movies when it comes to awards. This is an awards website remember?

The Force Awakens should’ve been number 1, but it didn’t ever get any higher than number 3. It was hurt by Star Wars’ unpopularity in China. If it weren’t for that, it would’ve at least have overtaken Titanic. It’s currently number 4. And you claim that nobody care about Marvel movies when it comes to awards, despite the fact that Black Panther won several Oscars and was nominated for Best Picture last year. And while predicting awards is a huge part of GoldDerby, there’s more to the site than accolades. There’s plenty of forums about movies and shows that aren’t awards contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree that Josh Brolin was snubbed last year too (although he was far from the first great Mo-Cap performance to be snubbed) but Michael B Jordan was just as good. Even if you didn’t like that specific performance (and you’re not the only one), it was still the best chance he had at getting nominated for a very long time.

I agree that Brolin should’ve been nominated. Jordan wouldn’t have been a bad nominee either. I thought he should’ve gotten in for Creed. I can see him eventually winning at some point. He just needs the right role and film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Derp Boy
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Brad, but I’m cheering for Dafoe. The Green Goblin deserves some love

"We will always have Paris"

ReplyCopy URL
    Christina Aguilera
    Participant
    Topics:

Get it, Sterling K. Brown and Jamie Foxx!

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

The Force Awakens should’ve been number 1, but it didn’t ever get any higher than number 3. It was hurt by Star Wars’ unpopularity in China. If it weren’t for that, it would’ve at least have overtaken Titanic. It’s currently number 4. And you claim that nobody care about Marvel movies when it comes to awards, despite the fact that Black Panther won several Oscars and was nominated for Best Picture last year. And while predicting awards is a huge part of GoldDerby, there’s more to the site than accolades. There’s plenty of forums about movies and shows that aren’t awards contenders.

Uh…it’s number 1 bro

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm

Sorry but I must have missed the cultural relevance of Avengers: Fanboy Service? To try and equate it and Black Panther is laughable.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Uh…it’s number 1 bro https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm Sorry but I must have missed the cultural relevance of Avengers: Fanboy Service? To try and equate it and Black Panther is laughable.

It’s number 1 domestically but not overall. If you don’t think Endgame (the highest grossing movie of all time) isn’t culturally relevant, then you’re insane. And it’s extremely easy to equate Endgame and Black Panther. They’re both MCU movies, and they share several characters.

ReplyCopy URL
    judy
    Participant
    Topics:

is this debate ?brad pitt is winning golden dildo

ReplyCopy URL
    Hector Raskolnikov
    Participant
    Topics:

I rewatched “The Irishman” trailer, and I’m starting to think that Al Pacino can really take it.

I have a feeling that he gonna knock it out of the park in this movie. And if this confirmes, he is the frontunner. Remember, Al fucking Pacino has just one Oscar.

And he’s not getting any younger, you know… This could be very well his last Oscar chance, and a believe that if he really shine in “The Irishman”, it’s gonna be hard no give to him.

My boy Brad maybe will have to wait a little more.

ReplyCopy URL
    judy
    Participant
    Topics:

I rewatched “The Irishman” trailer, and I’m starting to think that Al Pacino can really take it. I have a feeling that he gonna knock it out of the park in this movie. And if this confirmes, he is the frontunner. Remember, Al fucking Pacino has just one Oscar. And he’s not getting any younger, you know… This could be very well his last chance of Oscar win, and a believe that if he really shine in “The Irishman”, it’s gonna be hard no give to him. My boy Brad maybe will have to wait a little more.

hmmm true,Al Pacino is kinda iconic

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I rewatched “The Irishman” trailer, and I’m starting to think that Al Pacino can really take it. I have a feeling that he gonna knock it out of the park in this movie. And if this confirmes, he is the frontunner. Remember, Al fucking Pacino has just one Oscar. And he’s not getting any younger, you know… This could be very well his last chance of Oscar win, and a believe that if he really shine in “The Irishman”, it’s gonna be hard no give to him. My boy Brad maybe will have to wait a little more.

I’m still predicting Pitt, but I believe if anyone’s beating him, it’s Pacino.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Brad, but I’m cheering for Dafoe. The Green Goblin deserves some love

Hell yeah, Dafoe is one of the greatest actors alive and he deserves an Oscar.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Actor: Robert Pattison - The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Do my forum games!

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/games-lets-play-games/72nd-oscars-runner-up-5-elimination-

ReplyCopy URL
    judy
    Participant
    Topics:

Hell yeah, Dafoe is one of the greatest actors alive and he deserves an Oscar.

he will win in the future for sure

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Hanks is going to be the runner-up after Pitt and Pacino will be second runner-up. Dafoe is probably still a nonfactor, sadly.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.