Home Forums Movies 2020 Razzies: Predictions

2020 Razzies: Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Leo Grant Logan
Nathan Romberg
kellis
  • DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

I figured we should start this thread now, since we appear to have a clear early frontrunner.

FYC: Serenity

Worst Picture

Worst Director (Steven Knight)

Worst Actor (Matthew McConaughey)

Worst Actress (Anne Hathaway)

Worst Supporting Actor (Jason Clarke)

Worst Supporting Actor (Djimon Honsou)

Worst Supporting Actress (Diane Lane)

Worst Screenplay

Worst Screen Combo (The Entire Cast)

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol when I saw those review scores after getting my tickets, I was like well I guess I’ll not be disappointed when I go watch it (I’m still confused on why The Guardian gave it three stars with that title).

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I can tell you now that Knight would be a true deserving winner, but skedaddle away from Hathaway lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC for Serenity

WORST PICTURE
    WORST DIRECTOR – Steven Knight
    WORST ACTOR – Matthew McConaughey
    WORST ACTRESS – Anne Hathaway
    WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR – Jason Clarke
    WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS – Diane Lane
    WORST SCREENPLAY
    WORST SCREEN COMBO – Anne Hathaway and Matthew McConaughey

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Could we PLEASE not allow this scam to be a thing anymore?

Read this please, my report of the lazy excuse for a “nominating” ballot I received.

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/my-final-razzie-nominating-ballot-choices-for-2019/#post-1202744921

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

“”Technical Difficulties” Leave Some to Wonder If the Razzies Are Rigged”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/technical-difficulties-leave-some-wonder-razzies-are-rigged-1180644

Of course the Razzies were rigged… The fact John Wilson gave us so few options on the nominating ballot plus the the fact there wasn’t even a single write-in slot for Worst Picture and the sole write-in slot there was for every other category had very little space to write, etc. There were very clear signs Wilson had no intention of respecting the will of the paying voters.

ReplyCopy URL
    The Night Fury
    Participant
    Topics:

“”Technical Difficulties” Leave Some to Wonder If the Razzies Are Rigged”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/technical-difficulties-leave-some-wonder-razzies-are-rigged-1180644

Of course the Razzies were rigged… The fact John Wilson gave us so few options on the nominating ballot plus the the fact there wasn’t even a single write-in slot for Worst Picture and the sole write-in slot there was for every other category had very little space to write, etc. There were very clear signs Wilson had no intention of respecting the will of the paying voters.

I have an idea: let’s get Tyler the Awesome Guy and a few others here to launch an even bigger counter-Razzies: call them the Sh*tties or the Crappies. Much like the planned Da True Razzies, these would honor the TRUE worst films of the year… with a special honorary award reserved for the Razzies and John Wilson himself for the first ceremony. No stupidity like the current Razzies, just no mercy and all obliterating humor.

WELCOME TO UNPREDICTABILITY.

EMMYS: SEPTEMBER 22
    GLOBES: JANUARY 5, 2020
    SAGS: JANUARY 26, 2020
    ANNIES: TBD
    OSCARS: FEBRUARY 9, 2020

"Thanks for nothing, you useless reptile..." - Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
    For Your Consideration: Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Animated Feature, Original Score (John Powell), Original Song (Together From Afar), Sound Editing, Visual Effects, Production Design

Twitter: @FILMSTHESEDAYS
    Facebook: nathan.romberg.7

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I have an idea: let’s get Tyler the Awesome Guy and a few others here to launch an even bigger counter-Razzies: call them the Sh*tties or the Crappies. Much like the planned Da True Razzies, these would honor the TRUE worst films of the year… with a special honorary award reserved for the Razzies and John Wilson himself for the first ceremony. No stupidity like the current Razzies, just no mercy and all obliterating humor.

I’m in if you are in. Private Message me and we can discuss more. Do you know anything about starting a website for a business? Also, do you know anything about starting a business period?

We ask for lower prices to vote ($10 rather than the Razzies 25 to 40) and let the voters choose from ALL the films released in the USA in the year for the sake of fairness, not just 10-14 randomly selected ones with mixed-to-negative reviews. What do you think? Like I said, PM me and we can get into more detail there. I’m in if you’re in, Mr. Romberg.

ReplyCopy URL
    The Night Fury
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m in if you are in. Private Message me and we can discuss more. Do you know anything about starting a website for a business? Also, do you know anything about starting a business period?

We ask for lower prices to vote ($10 rather than the Razzies 25 to 40) and let the voters choose from ALL the films released in the USA in the year for the sake of fairness, not just 10-14 randomly selected ones with mixed-to-negative reviews. What do you think? Like I said, PM me and we can get into more detail there. I’m in if you’re in, Mr. Romberg.

For Your Consideration: Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Animated Feature, Original Score (John Powell), Original Song (Together From Afar), Sound Editing, Visual Effects, Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Fair enough. Please be sure to PM me with your email should you find yourself even leaning towards a yes on this proposal, since I will be deleting my Goldderby account after the Oscars at the end of February. That way we can potentially discuss this more after I’m gone from this website.

ReplyCopy URL
    The Night Fury
    Participant
    Topics:

Fair enough. Please be sure to PM me with your email should you find yourself even leaning towards a yes on this proposal, since I will be deleting my Goldderby account after the Oscars at the end of February. That way we can potentially discuss this more after I’m gone from this website.

I’m going to send you a PM in a bit… would rather focus on the website section myself than the business section. Can I also get Tyler in on this? He was the one who first thought of an alternate Razzies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m going to send you a PM in a bit… would rather focus on the website section myself than the business section. Can I also get Tyler in on this? He was the one who first thought of an alternate Razzies.

Please be sure to contact Tyler the Awesome Guy as well. Send him a PM, the three of us can exchange emails, start up a website, hopefully advertise and spread the word so that by the end of the this year we will have at least a couple dozen or more voters. Thanks.

ReplyCopy URL
    The Night Fury
    Participant
    Topics:

Please be sure to contact Tyler the Awesome Guy as well. Send him a PM, the three of us can exchange emails, start up a website, hopefully advertise and spread the word so that by the end of the this year we will have at least a couple dozen or more voters. Thanks.

Sent. Let’s start the fun…

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

WORST MOVIE THIS WEEK
    “Miss Bala” with Gina Rodriguez

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

WORST MOVIE THIS WEEK
    “Miss Bala” with Gina Rodriguez

My girl Gina better not get a Razzie nod

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.