Home Forums Movies 2020 SAG Awards film nominations: Reactions

2020 SAG Awards film nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 318 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
smellycat
John Berchmans
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Can someone give me a convincing argument for Awkwafina?

They have nominated comedians and comedic actors more often than Oscars. Jim Carrey and Sarah Silverman come to mind. Also Melissa McCarthy for Bridesmaids after GG snubbed her.
    Oh and Steve Carell for Battle of the Sexes.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

None. She’s not happening. Erivo is buying her slot.

Yeah, I agree (unfortunately). What about Ronan? Is she safe?.svg” class=”emoji”

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Can someone give me a convincing argument for Awkwafina?

Not sure I can.
    Subjective: Her performance knocked me to the floor. And the film itself, direction, cast, screenplay, they are as good or better than everyone else in contention.

Other factors: Diversity pick for Awkwafina
    Lady director and alternative to the Chosen One. Is that sarcastic enough?
    It’s a sharp script with a cultural divide with the added spice of being ____-American.

I have nothing to lose by leaving her in top five. I’m not eligible. But Awkwafina has performed well with the Critics awards.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

When I saw The Farewell I thought Awkwafina did NOTHING awards worthy. It’s a simple performance any other Asian girl could have done.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I have lupita getting into best actress. If shes gonna get recognized anywhere, its here. They do tend to like performances in horror films (Emily blunt won for A quiet place).

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

When I saw The Farewell I thought Awkwafina did NOTHING awards worthy. It’s a simple performance any other Asian girl could have done.

Any other Chinese American Victor?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Depends on the screeners’ arrival date? 🤷🏼‍♂️ They did snub DDL for Phantom Thread. If she misses I guess Awk is in. I’d rather see Lupita instead tho.

It came the same day the embargo ended. That’s still pretty late but better than Bombshell.

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

Even though it is a one man show I don’t think it would be impossible if Joker got a surprise ensemble nomination.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I will be shutting down both SAG events in the next couple of hours if you need to make changes.

linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

Considering how ATROCIOUS the GG nominations were, let’s hope the SAG nominees are better………..

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

Nominating Kathy Bates and Annette Bening over a relative unknown makes sense though, if we’re talking about the Golden Globes. These are maybe 100-ish people and Bates and Bening are safe bets that they like to reward. Pugh still has a shot just as long as she doesn’t miss anywhere else important. And the Golden Globes have little overlap with everything else.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Gabe Guarin.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Gabe Guarin.
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh man I’d die if this happened tomorrow
    http://thefilmexperience.net/blog/2019/12/10/sag-predictions-from-a-sag-nominating-committee-member.html

But quick correction, Queen and Slim did come but I cant tell exact date since it was in pile of screeners I got when I got back from vacation.

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh man I’d die if this happened tomorrow
    http://thefilmexperience.net/blog/2019/12/10/sag-predictions-from-a-sag-nominating-committee-member.html

But quick correction, Queen and Slim did come but I cant tell exact date since it was in pile of screeners I got when I got back from vacation.

The tea about voting for best stuntpeople is worth the read. Lol

I just love movies. And awards.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 318 total)

The topic ‘2020 SAG Awards film nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.