Home Forums Movies 2021/2022 Film Awards (Part 5)

2021/2022 Film Awards (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 503 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Manav
JV
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

It’s still a thriller. It’s not missing editing

Yes. I’m not saying it doesn’t have editing,all I’m trying to say is that the editing is not Flashy and the Academy LOVES flashy editing.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

It’s funny how people (not here though) were so confident about TPOTD missing editing at the beginning of the season… Look at where we are now.

The Editing/Picture winner stat is soooo strong.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    snowball
    Topics:

It’s annoying how you can’t even comprehend an editing snub for TPOTD and it’s comparison to Sound of metal makes little sense considering Sound of Metal was the frontrunner for Sound and Sound frontrunners rarely miss editing.

It’s annoying how you keep undermining POTD just because you want Belfast to win. POTD is not missing Editing.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

It’s interesting how we initially thought HoG would bomb with BAFTA but do better with American guilds, but the opposite happened lol.

I think most of the ACE nominees weren’t even longlisted for BAFTA, whereas Gucci was?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

It’s annoying how you keep undermining POTD just because you want Belfast to win. POTD is not missing Editing.

I do want Belfast to win but TPOTD is my #2 pick for BP and so there’s clearly not a big bias between the two. Belfast is not winning editing for sure. It’s Dune all the way. All I’m doing is trying to analyse facts without any bias. If you’ve been paying attention to Editing awards recently, it highly correlates to sound and tends to prefer flashier films.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Now you gotta pray that WSS doesn’t miss WGA as well! What a mess!

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

IDK about that. It couldn’t even get longlisted in a field of 15 at the BAFTAs…

But then we see WSS made the Bafta longlist fwiw, and yet the storied cutter Michael Kahn couldn’t push past KR’s Pamela Martin at the Eddies – indicative of some softness, perhaps?

I’d sense WSS fans would prefer the scenario of an ACE nom and a Bafta longlist whiff than the opposite. 🤷 This isn’t exactly inspiring confidence that WSS is destined for Baftas’ editing shortlist.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think Spielberg is safe for DGA but holy shit if he misses there (which I’m not predicting for all the world), WSS is gone

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Some people sure don’t understand this category. The BP frontrunners rarely miss here. I think Dune, POTD and Belfast are all pretty safe. And then it’s up for grabs. Let’s wait for BAFTA.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The BP frontrunners rarely miss here.

That’s a solid argument.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I don’t really understand whats happening with WSS. This is not good.

Disney’s fault.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I think Spielberg is safe for DGA but holy shit if he misses there (which I’m not predicting for all the world), WSS is gone

For an ambitious, warmly received musical from Steven Spielberg, WSS’s following up its snubs in SAG ensemble and ASC with this omission at ACE/Eddies is certainly chilling .. we’ll see how WGA and DGA pan out for the film.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    Film_guy
    Topics:

I do want Belfast to win but TPOTD is my #2 pick for BP and so there’s clearly not a big bias between the two. Belfast is not winning editing for sure. It’s Dune all the way. All I’m doing is trying to analyse facts without any bias. If you’ve been paying attention to Editing awards recently, it highly correlates to sound and tends to prefer flashier films.

You have a very good point but the sheer force of the frontunner status might get Power of the dog the Editing nomination in the end.

For Your Consideration

The Lost Daughter - Olivia Colman, Jessie Buckley

Cruella- Costumes and Makeup

Licorice Pizza - Screenplay

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

You have a very good point but the sheer force of the frontunner status might get Power of the dog the Editing nomination in the end.

Thanks and I get your point. I’ll surely predict it to get the nomination.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 Film Awards (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.