Home Forums Movies 2021 AACTA International Awards (Australian Academy Cinema Television Arts)

2021 AACTA International Awards (Australian Academy Cinema Television Arts)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Riley Chow
Philip
  • Profile picture
    Nectar
    Topics:

Pete Docter getting nominated in Director, you love to see it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

AACTA International Award for Best Film

AACTA International Award for Best Lead Actor

Riz Ahmed
    Sound of Metal

Chadwick Boseman
    Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Adarsh Gourav
    The White Tiger

Anthony Hopkins
    The Father

Gary Oldman
    Mank

Adarsh Gourav’s nod makes me smile. He was the best part of The White Tiger.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ruby Sparks
    Topics:

PETE DOCTER <3

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Adarsh Gourav is such a stunning and inspired choice. I also think he is making the Top 6 at Bafta.

When I saw his performance, I was completely blown away by it. He deserves an Oscar nod, but sadly won’t get it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Wait, you still have Lindo ahead of Yeun for Oscars? That doesn’t make any sense. Lindo is missing everywhere, while Yeun made SAG and has TOP5 film. He is clearly in fifth right now.

Yeun only has a SAG nomination over Lindo.  It is not like that alone guarantees an Oscar nomination over someone else.  I see Lindo having more passion, which will translate to number-one votes, which is how the Oscars count votes.  The concern though is that Minari is far ahead of Da 5 Bloods that Yeun will get enough lower rankings that will eventually be counted that he can overcome Lindo as we often see with Best Picture coattail nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

This is yet another precursor that has nominated Boseman without Lindo. It is very curious, but kind of reminds me of how Johansson got in for Jojo Rabbit despite not being the film’s standout just because there was excitement over double nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Am glad Ben Mendelsohn and Eliza Scanlen popped up here. It’s a shame they haven’t gained traction anywhere else (Mendelsohn is my personal winner in his category!)

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Yeun only has a SAG nomination over Lindo. It is not like that alone guarantees an Oscar nomination over someone else. I see Lindo having more passion, which will translate to number-one votes, which is how the Oscars count votes. The concern though is that Minari is far ahead of Da 5 Bloods that Yeun will get enough lower rankings that will eventually be counted that he can overcome Lindo as we often see with Best Picture coattail nominees.

That’s my concern; even if Da 5 Bloods makes it into Best Picture, Minari may be stronger overall and Yeun may coattail over someone like Lindo. I hope they both get in and bump out Gary Oldman.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

This is yet another precursor that has nominated Boseman without Lindo. It is very curious, but kind of reminds me of how Johansson got in for Jojo Rabbit despite not being the film’s standout just because there was excitement over double nominations.

That is not why Johansson got in lmao.

With the warm motherly role she had, she would be a contender for a nomination in most years, even if Marriage Story wasn’t around.
    Hell, if Jojo Rabbit came out this year she would be easily winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

That is not why Johansson got in lmao. With the warm motherly role she had, she would be a contender for a nomination in most years, even if Marriage Story wasn’t around. Hell, if Jojo Rabbit came out this year she would be easily winning.

Technically, she should have won last year itself. Her’s was a far better performance than Laura but well, it didn’t turn out to be that way

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

That is not why Johansson got in lmao.

With the warm motherly role she had, she would be a contender for a nomination in most years, even if Marriage Story wasn’t around.
    Hell, if Jojo Rabbit came out this year she would be easily winning.

Hey, I love ScarJo’s performance, but Thomasin McKenzie was right there for the same movie. If Jojo Rabbit came out another year, I think McKenzie might have been pushed over her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Hey, I love ScarJo’s performance, but Thomasin McKenzie was right there for the same movie. If Jojo Rabbit came out another year, I think McKenzie might have been pushed over her.

Thomasin McKenzie wouldn’t have been pushed, because really nobody cared about her in that movie and nobody was talking about her.

Good for you that you enjoyed her, but that’s clearly a minority opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I am a massive Johansson fan but I thought McKenzie was better. Im still happy Johansson got nominated. She is my “problematic” fav and I don’t care.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Yeun only has a SAG nomination over Lindo. It is not like that alone guarantees an Oscar nomination over someone else. I see Lindo having more passion, which will translate to number-one votes, which is how the Oscars count votes. The concern though is that Minari is far ahead of Da 5 Bloods that Yeun will get enough lower rankings that will eventually be counted that he can overcome Lindo as we often see with Best Picture coattail nominees.

I’m just trying to understand how Lindo has passion behind him. From whom? Critics and Gold Derby forums?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rishabh Chaturvedi
    Topics:

By what time can we expect the AACTA winners to be announced on the 6th exactly? Also, will there be a live virtual ceremony or just a release of the list of winners?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.