Home Forums Movies 2021 AACTA International Awards (Australian Academy Cinema Television Arts)

2021 AACTA International Awards (Australian Academy Cinema Television Arts)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Riley Chow
Philip
  • Profile picture
    Sagand
    Topics:

AACTA International Award for Best Film
    Promising Young Woman

AACTA International Award for Best Direction in Film
    Chloé Zhao – Nomadland

AACTA International Award for Best Screenplay in Film
    The Trial of the Chicago 7

AACTA International Award for Best Drama Series
    The Queen’s Gambit

AACTA International Award for Best Comedy Series
    Schitt’s Creek

AACTA International Award for Best Lead Actor in Film
    Chadwick Boseman – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

AACTA International Award for Best Lead Actress in Film
    Carey Mulligan – Promising Young Woman

AACTA International Award for Best Supporting Actor in Film
    Sacha Baron Cohen – The Trial of the Chicago 7

AACTA International Award for Best Supporting Actress in Film
    Olivia Colman – The Father

AACTA International Award for Best Actor in a Series
    Aaron Pedersen – Mystery Road

AACTA International Award for Best Actress in a Series
    Anya Taylor-Joy – The Queen’s Gambit

(https://deadline.com/2021/03/australias-aacta-international-awards-names-promising-young-woman-best-film-full-list-1234708118/)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

PYW wins Picture. The taste

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anya Taylor-Joy wins another award but yet again it’s one where Michaela Coel isn’t nominated lol.

Although I May Destroy You was nominated for Series so it isn’t great that it lost. With the fact that both of these shows could potentially rack up an equal set of wins (I May Destroy You could win BAFTA, TCA and the Spirits, The Queen’s Gambit PGA and it’s a tossup between the two for CC) we could be holding our breath until the envelope is opened at the Emmys in September.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

The way AACTA said PYW dominance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

PYW won?

BuT iT’s NoT iN tHe ToP FiVe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

The head of AACTA heavily implied PYW won because Margot Robbie was the producer lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The head of AACTA heavily implied PYW won because Margot Robbie was the producer lol.

“Today’s results are a testament to the depth and excellence being produced globally in film and TV. It is particularly special to see Australian powerhouse Margot Robbie behind the scenes on such an important piece of work with Promising Young Woman taking out Best Film. To have started her career in Australia on a soap like Neighbours to now cementing her position as one of Hollywood’s most significant and influential storytellers is incredible.”

It is a bit fishy (especially when Emerald lost Screenplay) but that doesn’t take away from how big Carey’s win is.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Outside of PYM in Picture and SBC, I think this could look a lot like Oscar night.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Let me guess, this forum now thinks AACTA is the most reliable precursor now

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Let me guess, this forum now thinks AACTA is the most reliable precursor now

Lmao says the person who thinks SAG is the only precursor that exists because they’re an extra who boasts about being a member of it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

PYW winning Best Film, to me, won’t make a difference. Margot Robbie is the producer and she’s AUSTRALIAN🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

Carey’s performance is what made the film. I will see how it does at BAFTA’s but I don’t think it will do good anywhere else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I will see how it does at BAFTA’s but I don’t think it will do good anywhere else.

This is literally what people have been saying every time Promising Young Woman does well anywhere.

If it does well in nominations at the Oscars people will still say it won’t do good anywhere else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

This is literally what people have been saying every time Promising Young Woman does well anywhere.

If it does well in nominations at the Oscars people will still say it won’t do good anywhere else.

You know the Viola stans would always deny PYW and Carey. So don’t even bother.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Lol, I love how these random awards are suddenly a “huge” precursor lol.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:
    • 2019: Parasite/Tarantino/Driver/Ronan/Pitt/[Robbie] (no Dern)/[Jojo Rabbitt]
    • 2018: Roma/Cuaron/Malek/Colman/Ali/[Kidman] (no King)/[The Favourite]
    • 2017: Three Billboards/Nolan/Oldman/[Robbie]/Rockwell/Janney/Three Billboards
    • 2016: La La Land/[Gibson] (AUS film)/Affleck/Stone/[Patel]/[Kidman]/Manchester by the Sea
    • 2015: [Mad Max: Fury Road]/[Miller]/DiCaprio/[Blanchett]/Rylance/Mara/Spotlight
    • 2014: Birdman/Innaritu/Keaton/Moore/Simmons/Arquette/Birdman
    • 2013: Gravity/Cuaron/McConaughey/[Blanchett]/Leto/Nyong’o/American Hustle
    • 2012: Silver Lining Playbook/Russell/Day-Lewis/Lawrence/Django Unchained
    • 2011: The Artist/Hazanavicius/Dujardin/Streep/Margin Call & The Ides of March

Bold … Oscar winner / [] … Australian actors or film

AACTA people vote the Oscars, and not as huge as BAFTAs, but this means something

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.