Home Forums Movies 2021 New York Film Critics Circle (Predictions & Live Updates)

2021 New York Film Critics Circle (Predictions & Live Updates)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 382 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
pedrohf2001
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

Sigh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Man good for you for being so convinced you’re right! I’m sure it works out real well for ya in life. You’re just unafraid to be unreasonably aggressive while pretending you’re reasonable. Honestly I envy that level of confidence. Have a good one!

And nice of you to have read literally every review of Power of the Dog that’s out there, see that NYFCC awarded Cumberbatch and McPhee and not Dunst, and still come out with the conclusion that Dunst is as acclaimed as Cumberbatch. I don’t envy that level of denialism but maybe it comes from Dunst throwing a scrap of attention your way at press screenings.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Ah okay you mean to hate on TPOTD in general. Ok gotcha.

Nope. Just pointing out a fact. I started the film last night and was bored outta my mind 45 minutes in. Gonna restart it again tonight.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I love Gaga but her winning her scares me. They have not been good at predicting best actress nominees for the last few years. I hope that she can overcome the curse.

Lol please, no one was expecting Gaga to win the Oscar. Pretty sure that all of her fans would be just happy with a nomination. And NYFCC consolidates that chance. If she wins, it’s a huge pleasant surprise. If she doesn’t win, being nominated for BA from a movie that is this polarizing is already a win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Nope. Just pointing out a fact. I started the film last night and was bored outta my mind 45 minutes in. Gonna restart it again tonight.

I see that Power of the Dog fans don’t really care what the facts are. They make personal attacks when you argue against the movie’s awards chance (like the charming Kaziz did above by attacking my everyday life just because I pointed out awards stats and facts about the movie) and then they band together like a clique even they are so clearly and factually in the wrong. Like they were yesterday about Parasite being shut out by NBR even though it won best foreign film. I have not seen anything like this on Gold Derby before…

I am sure I will be harassed again and my personal life will be brought up again by Kaziz, only to then act like the victim just because I bring up truths and facts…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I see that Power of the Dog fans don’t really care what the facts are. They make personal attacks when you argue against the movie’s awards chance (like the charming Kaziz did above by attacking my everyday life just because I pointed out awards stats and facts about the movie) and then they band together like a clique even they are so clearly and factually in the wrong. Like they were yesterday about Parasite being shut out by NBR even though it won best foreign film. I have not seen anything like this on Gold Derby before…

I am sure I will be harassed again and my personal life will be brought up again by Kaziz, only to then act like the victim just because I bring up truths and facts…

Welcome to Oscar season lol. Don’t go near the Actress thread lol

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Lol please, no one was expecting Gaga to win the Oscar. Pretty sure that all of her fans would be just happy with a nomination. And NYFCC consolidates that chance. If she wins, it’s a huge pleasant surprise. If she doesn’t win, being nominated for BA from a movie that is this polarizing is already a win.

Learn to read. I didn’t say anything about her winning the Oscar. I’m not predicting that nor have I ever predicted that. I said that I’m afraid that she won’t be nominated because the last few picks didn’t even get a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Sounds like Ruth and DeBose were close in supporting actress…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Learn to read. I didn’t say anything about her winning the Oscar. I’m not predicting that nor have I ever predicted that. I said that I’m afraid that she won’t be nominated because the last few picks didn’t even get a nomination.

Yes but things must be contextualized. 2 of the last 3 picks were more of niche choices I would say, not someone with massive B.O success, visibility and star power.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Lupita was the only likely one to get nommed of the last 3 winners. She got sag too, missed due to genre bias. The other 2 were too low key.

Gaga is in a highly visible movie, this just boosted her tremendously, the one thing people claimed she did not have was critics support got disproven.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

I love Gaga but her winning here scares me. They have not been good at predicting best actress nominees for the last few years. I hope that she can overcome the curse.

These awards are not predictors lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

… what on earth are you talking about? Your personal life? I don’t know who you are, I just find you insufferable on here as you do me.

I don’t envy that level of denialism but maybe it comes from Dunst throwing a scrap of attention your way at press screenings.

You said this, I said nothing & then you said I’m harassing you? Yeeesh. Kudos fantastic memory I guess. Mmkay sure yes that’s exactly it. I’m a dumb denialist. Be happy.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

These awards are not predictors lol

Thank you.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

You said this

Yes after you brought up my confidence and how it serves me in my personal life… all because I said Cumberbatch is more acclaimed than Dunst

I am tired of you harassing me and attacking me just for having movie opinions, so if you harass I am going to do the same in return. You can act like the victim all you want but you start with personal harassment each time even when I only make comments about movies and awards. You are the most pathetic poster here

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.