Home Forums Movies 2021 New York Film Critics Circle (Predictions & Live Updates)

2021 New York Film Critics Circle (Predictions & Live Updates)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 382 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
pedrohf2001
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Yes after you brought up my confidence and how it serves me in my personal life… all because I said Cumberbatch is more acclaimed than Dunst

I am tired of you harassing me and attacking me just for having movie opinions, so if you harass I am going to do the same in return. You can act like the victim all you want but you start with personal harassment each time even when I only make comments about movies and awards. You are the most pathetic poster here

👍🏼

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

Ugh this is reminiscent of when NSFC gave Film to Goodbye to Language. Good times :,)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    themisnnemesis
    Topics:

I am tired of you harassing me and attacking me just for having movie opinions, so if you harass I am going to do the same in return. You can act like the victim all you want but you start with personal harassment each time even when I only make comments about movies and awards. You are the most pathetic poster here

Are you aware that there’s a button called IGNORE which you can use so you don’t have to read anything written by someone you dislike?
    I have pedro_something on IGNORE so I dont read his posts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    themisnnemesis
    Topics:

I can’t wait for the usual suspects on Twitter to say POTD is done because it didn’t win picture. Watch it happen.

It’s the movie which got the most wins and people are trying to show this as a failure. Why are they so pressed by this movie?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    We keep the news light!
    Topics:

Who were the runners up in the acting categories?

I think that Renate got some support for her incredible performance

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Grunge
    Topics:

New Flims I’ve seen this year ranked by how much I liked them</p>
    1. Tick Tick Boom. (I loved this flim it just really blew me away. I loved the direction, the acting, the sings and everything else) 10/10

2. The Power Of The Dog ( A drama that makes you think with memorable characters. I loved this flim)9/10

3. Dune (An amazing action movie with stuning special effects. This flim is a visual masterpiece)8/10

4. Last Night In Soho (Great acting, great characters and gorgeous cinematography. Just a treat to watch)8/10

5. No Time To Die (Bonds final outing as 007. I loved the places they went with Bond and M characters and the female 007 was pretty. Pitty this flim suffers from the worst bond villian ever)6/10

6. Ghostbusters revisted (There’s some good characters and some interesting characters here but this flim runs on nostalgia rather than it’s own merits at times. The ending was a bit much)5/10

7. King Richard (I have no interest in sports flims whatsoever so as a result I really didn’t care for this one. The sappy moments missed their mark except for one cleverly written speech. It just seems too much like a movie designed to get Will Smith and oscar rather than coming from a sincere place) 3/10

8. Venom 2 Let There Be Carnage (Hated every second of it. Sloppy direction, sloppy editing and sloppy writing. They knew they were going to make money no matter how bad this turned out so why even bother?) 0/10

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Who were the runners up in the acting categories? I think that Renate got some support for her incredible performance

Based on what Rooney said I think Reinsve and Cruz were the runner-ups. Colman had a lot of support too. Stewart was discussed but she wasn’t in the top tier contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Based on what Rooney’s described about the multiple-round voting, it’s safe to assume that NYFCC uses ranked-choice voting like the Oscars (unlike HCA for example which uses single-round voting).

And Gaga’s win in such a highly competitive race really highlights how important it is to have a strong passionate following giving you #1 or #2, but also be famous enough of a contender to appear on many ballots as #4 and #5 choice. And ultimately regardless of how vocal a hostile minority is, you can end up winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

So, I have to agree here. Kaziz, you’ve never done anything personal to me. I’ve enjoyed your conversation on here and also enjoyed some of your takes.

Having said that, it’s everyone else but you babe. It really is. Everyone else is the annoying one, the ignorant one, the one that isn’t right etc. Its nearly a weekly occurrence with you that you are in a fight with multiple users. Anytime someone says something trolling or negative about Dunst or Power Of The Dog, you go attack mode. When you’re called out for your behavior, you simply backpedal and further your negative remarks against said user. You never own up to the fact that it’s also you. It’s always them. I’ve watched you get into some crazy arguments on here over nothing really. Just saying respectfully, from the outside looking in, yeah babe you’re as guilty as the ones that don’t agree with your views on Dunst or TPOTD.

Babe…How is this respectful? Why are you being so aggressive and also… you’re being pretty funny by doing the same thing re: TPOTD, Chastain, I haven’t said a thing, & your spats are also constant (or at least more potstirring with the DLU vs. TPOTD thing that I don’t care about as a fan of both. It’s not constructive). A lot of what ANDCUT said is pretty horrible and I followed it up with sardonic one liners or 👍🏼. I apologize frequently enough if I’ve done something wrong, but sorry if I don’t think I was anywhere near as mean as the comment you’ve quoted seems to think. No one else’s behavior justifies my own, I know that—but in this case, I very much chose not to engage with the argument because from experience I know it doesn’t get pretty with Andcut. Sorry I couldn’t help myself—no I wasn’t nice, but on balance, leaving it alone with a thumbs-up feels…wiser.

If you wanna tell me off lol pick someone nicer than Andcut and I will be happy to give all the mea culpas.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Runner ups according to Jordan Ruimy

Best Film: The Power of the Dog and Licorice Pizza were second and third

Director: Hamaguchi was second and PTA was third

Actor: Will Smith, Hidetoshi Nishijima, Simon Rex, Denzel Washington and Nicolas Cage had his supporters, but Benedict won by a landslide

Actress: Renate Reinsve second, Penelope Cruz third and Olivia Colman fourth

Supporting Actress: DeBose, Negga and Jesse Buckley were second, third and fourth

He didn’t say anything about Supporting Actor

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Nope. Just pointing out a fact. I started the film last night and was bored outta my mind 45 minutes in. Gonna restart it again tonight.

Power of the Dog has strong characters, but I struggled to finish it. It was so boring

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

So many of the arguments on this board come down to everyone wanting different things from their movies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Power of the Dog has strong characters, but I struggled to finish it. It was so boring

I found House of Gucci shockingly boring. It was pure agony and I was constantly checking the watch because I wanted it to be over already. House of Boredom would be a more fitting title. I’m gonna call it just that from now on.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.