Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Best Original Song Predictions

2021 Oscar Best Original Song Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 374 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

If the Academy had more of an edge, could consider “Once Kings” by Riz Ahmed from Mogul Mowgli.

Just listened to it and wow, this would be one of the best and coolest picks they’ve made in years.

But more often than not it’s quite clear with their Warren, Pasek-Paul, Newman, and so on, they like it bland and chewed.

Pasek x Paul’s nominated songs are actually good so not bothered by their nominations but dear god Warren & Newman have been phoning it for years now.

Which is shame for Warren since all of moms this decade have ranged from meh to downright terrible (still passed that Grateful is nominated song from Beyond the Lights when Blackbird was right there), it’s especially frustrating since she could’ve won for an actual good song (“You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me”), had a great end credits song in a BP nominee (“Crazy Bout You” from Silver Linings Playbook) and one of the best songs from ASIB (“Why Did You Do That!”)

And it’s not like she’s trash all together now, her Paloma Faith penned hit single “Only Love Can Hurt Like This” is one of the best pop songs of decade.

Not even gonna bother with Newman’s songs that he’s made again and again since the early 90s.

I would so be here for double Oscar nominee Riz Ahmed 👏🏾

It’s what he deserves.

Girls Boss Bitch does not deserve an Oscar nomination… There were way better songs on the BoP soundtrack alone.

But it is used in vital / fun way in the film (more-so than any other song) and is by far the biggest hit from the soundtrack.

It’s basically this year’s Earned It.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

I think Diane Warren might finally win. That song from The Life Ahead trailer was beautiful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

If nothing else, Swift has Mark Ruffalo’s vote

https://twitter.com/markruffalo/status/1322188357204615170?

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

If nothing else, Swift has Mark Ruffalo’s vote https://twitter.com/markruffalo/status/1322188357204615170?

Is he an Academy member?

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Diane Warren is truly picking up buzz for Io Si.
    She is the one to watch if you ask me. The song is so damn beautiful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

We could be underestimating “Comfortable” from The Photograph. The industry LOOOVES H.E.R.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Academy website just posted about four songs “to add to your fall playlist”

• Turntables by Janelle Monae (All In)
    • Can’t See What You’ve Done by Mary J. Blige (Belly of the Beast)
    • Indentical by Phoenix (On the Rocks)
    • The Plan by Travis Scott (Tenet)

https://aframe.oscars.org/features/the-start-of-our-fall-movie-playlist

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

The coolest nomination ever would be Boxes of Bush from The Gentlemen. It could obviously never happen but I would love that

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Academy website just posted about four songs “to add to your fall playlist” • Turntables by Janelle Monae (All In) • Can’t See What You’ve Done by Mary J. Blige (Belly of the Beast) • Indentical by Phoenix (On the Rocks) • The Plan by Travis Scott (Tenet) https://aframe.oscars.org/features/the-start-of-our-fall-movie-playlist

Turntables is a beautiful song, it totally deserves a nod.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Ranked by likeliness of nomination, not win.

1. One Night in Miami – “Speak Now”
    2. The Life Ahead – “Io Si”
    3. The United States vs. Billie Holiday
    4. Over the Moon – “Rocket to the Moon”
    5. Miss Americana – “Only the Young”

6. The Prom
    7. The Trial of the Chicago 7 – “Hear My Voice”
    8. The Photograph – “Comfortable”
    9. Onward – “Carried Me with You”
    10. All In – “Turntables”

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

what’s y’all’s opinions on only the young’s chances to win? i feel like it could happen especially with billie not being eligible.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

what’s y’all’s opinions on only the young’s chances to win? i feel like it could happen especially with billie not being eligible.

I’m going a little political here, but if Trump does lose, then this song will be a threat for the win.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I totally agree. I also think if Taylor picks up a Grammy or two for folklore, that’ll only help her visibility and people seeing her as a genuine acclaimed awards winner again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Now that Biden won the election I think that helps Swift’s chances here. The entire song is about how the young vote can change the world and was written in the wake of her discovering her wokeness.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Is OTY for sure eligible? I know the Grammy threads are torn between saying that it’s been submitted so it is vs the fact that it was supposed to be in Lover but was cut (or something, idk, those threads move too damn fast for me). If it is eligible it for sure is making it to the final line up, and is a threat to win.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 374 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.