Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 525 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Gabriel Guarin
  • Profile picture
    RealLyre852
    Topics:

just saw the father, incredible film. I think it can get at least 5 nominations. bp/screenplay/lead actor/supporting actress/editing. director would also be possible but he might too unknown and this is a debut.

like others said Hopkins is a lock for the win. don’t see anyone giving him competition. Olivia Colman is also probably the frontrunner for SA right now. seems like it’ll be a repeat of 2018 so it’ll be hilarious when she beats Glenn Close again.

anyway my hot take is that the Father will be higher on bp rankings than Nomadland.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

just saw the father, incredible film. I think it can get at least 5 nominations. bp/screenplay/lead actor/supporting actress/editing. director would also be possible but he might too unknown and this is a debut. like others said Hopkins is a lock for the win. don’t see anyone giving him competition. Olivia Colman is also probably the frontrunner for SA right now. seems like it’ll be a repeat of 2018 so it’ll be hilarious when she beats Glenn Close again. anyway my hot take is that the Father will be higher on bp rankings than Nomadland.

Colman’s not beating Glenn Close again.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

What are some wild card predictions people are making right now?

Halle Berry for Best Director and Best Actress!

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

The trailer for The Father damn near had me in tears. Hopkins and Coleman are coming!!!

I see a SAG win for Best Cast for The Father….

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

So is Hopkins and Colman a case of, ‘how can you reward one without the other?’ And is Colman truly undeniable?

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

What are some wild card predictions people are making right now?

Just noms, not for the win—

Soul (Best Picture)
    Yeun (Best Actor)
    Stanfield (Supporting Actor)
    I’m Thinking of Ending Things (Adapted Screenplay)

Think that’s about it right now.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

So is Hopkins and Colman a case of, ‘how can you reward one without the other?’ And is Colman truly undeniable.

Well Hopkins is getting way more hype, he’s a bigger more beloved name, and his win was long ago, unlike Colman’s, so it seems like he can absolutely win without her.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

So with TIFF happening, let’s ask a juicy question. What will we predict for the audience award winners?

Since 2012, every year has had at least one of the three be a Best Picture nominee. 6 out of 10 times, the Best Picture winner has been among them. As an early precursor, it’s very intriguing, if imperfect.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

I really want this season to be over and just give Hopkins the Oscar already. Y’all know he gonna win anyways

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

I am hoping for Fincher/Hopkins/Davis/Boseman/Close to get it. No one would be upset about this list.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

I am hoping for Fincher/Hopkins/Davis/Boseman/Close to get it. No one would be upset about this list.

I think it’s too much Netflix and the AMPAS will want to spread the wealth with other companies (more than ever, the traditional distribution companies need some boost!)

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Right now, I’m in this Oscar mood:
    BEST PICTURE – – – – – – –
    BEST DIRECTOR – Zhao, “Nomadland” (Searchlight)
    BEST ACTOR – Kaluuya, “Judas and the Black Messiah” (Warner Bros)
    BEST ACTRESS – McDormand, “Nomadland” (Searchlight)
    BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR – Boseman, “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom” (Netflix)
    BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS – Close, “Hillbilly Elegy” (Netflix)
    BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY – “Minari” (A24)
    BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY – “One Night in Miami” (Amazon)

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Jacob Boe
    Topics:

Why root for people if we havent seen them yet? Like, what if Close just isn’t that good? She’s obviously going to be good, but she could give a performance like Meryl Streep gave in August: Osage County – very loud and emotional, but a little hammy. If that’s the case, I dont want her to win over Colman. We always moan about the Oscars not giving awards based on who deserves it. So how can we say someone deserves it when we havent even seen their performance? And, even if we have, like McDormand or Hopkins – we don’t know how good their competition will be. So, c’mon guys, let’s hold off on saying who we hope or root for; we can hope and root for them to be good, but not for nominations or wins.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Watching that interview with Anthony and Olivia just melts my heart. He needs to win this, he’s just so sweet and lovable.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Yeah Hopkins can absolutely win without Colman his raves are tremendous.

However I’m slightly shocked at how strong a contender Colman seems to be performance wise based on TIFF reviews compared to Sundance where reactions made it seem more like the Hopkins show. She’s getting a lot of praise here plus her role is extremely sympathetic especially to anybody who has been in a caregiver role. If she hadn’t won so recently in such a high profile upset, I would have bet that she had a great chance at a Supporting win this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.