Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 525 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Gabriel Guarin
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I’m predicting News of the World for an editing win currently, although that’s only because I’m not really sure what is going to win this award.

I know some people are predicting Nomadland.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

What do people think about Helena Zengel’s chances? I know shes in the top 5 on there, but that’s not saying that much. Zendaya was in the top 5 not too long ago smh. So, hailee steinfeld – esque or not?

I know her from SYSTEM CRASHER and she’s amazing. She will be playing an almost wild girl who rescued back to “civilization” in NEWS OF THE WORLD, so I guess she will chanel the same mood for SYSTEM CRASHER… If she’s as brilliante… That’s why I’m predicting her

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

I know some people are predicting Nomadland.

Nomadland is giving me Roma vibes in editing. Not necessarily that it would get snubbed but I think it is probably too slow paced to be a Film Editing winner. Not saying the editing will be good enough, I thought Roma’s editing was fantastic and I am sure Nomadland’s will be too. It just doesn’t seem like the type of film that wins here.

Profile picture
    RealLyre852
    Topics:

Venice/TIFF Metacritic scores

Nomadland – 98

American Utopia – 92

The Father – 86

The World to Come – 86

Apples – 83 – (possibly Greece’s Oscar submission in FLF)

One Night in Miami – 80

Night of the Kings – 80 (Ivory Coast’s Oscar submission in FLF)

Dear Comrades – 78 (possibly Russia’s submission in FLF)

Ammonite – 77

Pieces of a Woman – 69

New Order – 69  (possibly Mexico’s Oscar submission in FLF)

Another Round –   62 (possibly Denmark’s Oscar submission in FLF)

also not exactly a movie but the new Steve McQueen anthology Lovers Rock premiered at NYFF yesterday and is getting raves 93 on MC.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

If Zengel is half as good as she was in System Crasher, she’s getting nominated.

Being an European Film Award nominee at age 11 is a big accomplishment.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

I’m predicting News of the World for an editing win currently, although that’s only because I’m not really sure what is going to win this award.

I’m predicting Mank right now. Just seems like it’ll win with Fincher movies getting 2 editing wins last decade and it likely being a big player in the race. Nominations for News of the World, Nomadland, Judas and the Black Messiah and Chicago 7. Dune/ French Dispatch probably getting in there if they release.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Zengel is half as good as she was in System Crasher, she’s getting nominated.

Yes. At Critics Choice.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wish HBO Films had picked up The World to Come if no one else was going to so it could at least have a chance at the Emmys.

Also I’m wondering what Focus Features is going to end up doing with Promising Young Woman. I mean pre pandemic it was the buzziest film in town and Mulligan got raves and a standing ovation at Sundance apparently so it kind of seemed clear it would be their main push in Actress but now I’m wondering whether they’ll keep it for this year or whether it will go to the 2022 Oscars. Technically they don’t actually have a Lead Actress push this year unless you think Anya Taylor-Joy for Emma or Sidney Flanigan for Never Rarely Sometimes Always may pose a chance.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Yes. At Critics Choice.

SAG loves their kids. She’s easily getting in there, assumming of course that the movie gets good reviews and screeners aren’t late lmao.

BAFTA should bite too, if the movie is top tier contender.

Globes will propably snub her, but categoru looks kinda weak and I’m predicting her movie to do great there. They nominated Paquin and Elsie Fisher tho, so maybe.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a feeling Amazon is going to campaign hard for Rachel Brosnahan to get nominated in Actress. It might not work but after all with both this new film and Maisel it’s almost as if she’s the face of their film and television output.

I just also noticed that Amazon have three contenders in Lead Actor (Riz Ahmed, Kingsley Ben-Adir and Benedict Cumberbatch) and two in Supporting Actress (Olivia Cooke and Claire Foy). I wonder if they’ll release Louis Wain on time now considering they seem to be in the same position as Netflix in the sense that they have too many contenders.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Yes. At Critics Choice.

You must be forgeting Hailee Steinfeld.

Profile picture
    Jacob Boe
    Topics:

Okay, different person. Do people think Mary J. Blige is going to happen in Supporting Actress? I wasn’t, and still not, biting, but watching the trailer she does seem to have some presence, and the “find the songs that move you” scene seemed pretty good, actually. After all, she was nominated for Mudbound, and she did hardly anything in that movie – definitely not as much as Holly Hunter did. So…

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Okay, different person. Do people think Mary J. Blige is going to happen in Supporting Actress? I wasn’t, and still not, biting, but watching the trailer she does seem to have some presence, and the “find the songs that move you” scene seemed pretty good, actually. After all, she was nominated for Mudbound, and she did hardly anything in that movie – definitely not as much as Holly Hunter did. So…

Yea I don’t think that film is gonna be a player this year based off the trailer, and I don’t see Mary J. Blige being the lone nom for the film either. If somehow mostly everybody likes it, then maybe, but for now no…

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Nomadland is giving me Roma vibes in editing. Not necessarily that it would get snubbed but I think it is probably too slow paced to be a Film Editing winner. Not saying the editing will be good enough, I thought Roma’s editing was fantastic and I am sure Nomadland’s will be too. It just doesn’t seem like the type of film that wins here.

Honestly I could see it being snubbed by nature of it being so subtle.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Honestly I could see it being snubbed by nature of it being so subtle.

Exactly. Which is why I think that it won’t be a lock for a nomination, and at this point is severely unlikely for a win.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.