Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 525 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Gabriel Guarin
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“Pieces of a Woman” and “Promising Young Woman” — can’t wait to see how many times that is going to be mixed up.

Why would voters mix up the names of two completely different high profile films with different actresses especially when one of them is not even coming out this year?

Looks like someone is just rooting for everything to flop that isn’t the performance they want to win…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Why would voters mix up the names of two completely different high profile films with different actresses especially when one of them is not even coming out this year? Looks like someone is just rooting for everything to flop that isn’t the performance they want to win…

Dude seriously – it was a flippant comment. A joke. Why do you take everything that’s said about Pieces of a Woman so seriously?

Luca didn’t even say anything about flopping or what they wanted to win. You’re projecting, again, based on how much you want Kirby to win. And you’re allowed to want that but jumping all over people who haven’t done anything because you feel she’s been slighted is not cool.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Dude seriously – it was a flippant comment. A joke. Why do you take everything that’s said about Pieces of a Woman so seriously?

Because it was a joke that made no sense and I thought actually looked quite bad considering how Pieces of a Woman is a serious drama about a woman who loses a child and Promising Young Woman is a dramedy about a woman who after suffering a tragic event as a college student tries to see how many men will pick her up from a bar when she’s drunk and try to make out with her without consent.

And also I am the number one fan of Promising Young Woman on this site as well too. What I was objecting to was Luca’s joke that unfortunately seemed irresponsible.

Not everything I post in this thread is about wanting Kirby to win just like not everything Luca posts in this thread is about wanting Viola Davis to win for example. If you’re going to accuse me of projecting things on people because I want Kirby to win then you should do the same for others on here (not referring to Luca) when they literally say such and such is going to flop etc just because they’ve already chosen something they want to win and what to see everything else fail (and again I’m not referring to Luca, Davis, Kirby or Pieces of a Woman here).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Because it was a joke that made no sense and I thought actually looked quite bad considering how Pieces of a Woman is a serious drama about a woman who loses a child and Promising Young Woman is a dramedy about a woman who after suffering a tragic event as a college student tries to see how many men will pick her up from a bar when she’s drunk and try to make out with her without consent. And also I am the number one fan of Promising Young Woman on this site as well too. What I was objecting to was Luca’s joke that unfortunately seemed irresponsible.

I can’t even with this response. So just because the two movies have heavy subject matter Luca isn’t allowed to comment about people, reviewers etc potentially mixing up their reasonably similar titles? It’s not like he was mixing them up. You could have just said ‘hey maybe this joke is in poor taste’ if that’s what you felt instead of jumping down his neck about wanting things to flop.

And stop with the whataboutery too. I call people that aren’t you out if I disagree with them – stop trying to imply I’m somehow a hypocrite. In any case – me missing someone else’s comment or not calling someone else on something doesn’t make yours any less worthy of my disagreement.

Luca feel free to call me on this if I’m stepping on your toes by the way.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

I watched people (not a person, people) mix up Fences and Hidden Figures, so I don’t think Luca is too far off.

We’re probably going to get Pieces of A Promising Young Wonder Woman In The Window this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe Nomadland is the early frontrunner that gets derailed and not Mank.

VARIETY Predictions (those next in line in their predictions are in the link below) :

https://variety.com/feature/2021-oscars-best-picture-predictions-1234768047/

Picture

1. Nomadland
    2. Mank
    3. Judas and the Black Messiah
    4. One Night in Miami
    5. West Side Story
    6. The Father
    7. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    8. News of the World
    9. Soul
    10. Minari

Director

1. Chloe Zhao
    2. David Fincher
    3. Shaka King
    4. Regina King
    5. Florian Zeller

Actor

1. Anthony Hopkins
    2. Gary Oldman
    3. Delroy Lindo
    4. Daniel Kaluuya
    5. Tom Hanks

Actress

1. Michelle Pfeiffer
    2. Frances McDormand
    3. Vanessa Kirby
    4. Viola Davis
    5. Rachel Zegler

S. Actor

1. David Stratharin
    2. Chadwick Boseman
    3. Bill Murray
    4. Leslie Odom-Jr
    5. Lakeith Stanfield

S. Actress

1. Olivia Colman
    2. Amanda Seyfried
    3. Saoirse Ronan
    4. Ariana DeBose
    5. Audra MacDonald

Original Screenplay

1. Mank
    2. Soul
    3. Minari
    4. Judas and the Black Messiah
    5. Never Rarely Sometimes Always (I think we’re underestimating this one)

Adapted Screenplay

1. Nomadland
    2. One Night in Miami
    3. The Father
    4. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    5. News of the World

The rest of the category predictions are in the link above.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Guys come on it’s Saturday, just relax a little lol.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

mix up Fences and Hidden Figures, so I don’t think Luca is too far off.

Ok mixing up these two makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

I mean I can understand it’s like mixing up Little Women and Marriage Story simply because Laura Dern is in both.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Maybe Nomadland is the early frontrunner that gets derailed and not Mank. VARIETY Predictions (those next in line in their predictions are in the link below) : https://variety.com/feature/2021-oscars-best-picture-predictions-1234768047/ Picture 1. Nomadland 2. Mank 3. Judas and the Black Messiah 4. One Night in Miami 5. West Side Story 6. The Father 7. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom 8. News of the World 9. Soul 10. Minari Director 1. Chloe Zhao 2. David Fincher 3. Shaka King 4. Regina King 5. Florian Zeller Actor 1. Anthony Hopkins 2. Gary Oldman 3. Delroy Lindo 4. Daniel Kaluuya 5. Tom Hanks Actress 1. Michelle Pfeiffer 2. Frances McDormand 3. Vanessa Kirby 4. Viola Davis 5. Rachel Zegler S. Actor 1. David Stratharin 2. Chadwick Boseman 3. Bill Murray 4. Leslie Odom-Jr 5. Lakeith Stanfield S. Actress 1. Olivia Colman 2. Amanda Seyfried 3. Saoirse Ronan 4. Ariana DeBose 5. Audra MacDonald Original Screenplay 1. Mank 2. Soul 3. Minari 4. Judas and the Black Messiah 5. Never Rarely Sometimes Always (I think we’re underestimating this one) Adapted Screenplay 1. Nomadland 2. One Night in Miami 3. The Father 4. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom 5. News of the World The rest of the category predictions are in the link above.

This predictions are actually from Clayton Davis of Awards Circuit. As someone who follows his predictions and blog, I can say he usually has a terrible track record with predictions this early.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Maybe Nomadland is the early frontrunner that gets derailed and not Mank. VARIETY Predictions (those next in line in their predictions are in the link below) : https://variety.com/feature/2021-oscars-best-picture-predictions-1234768047/ Picture 1. Nomadland 2. Mank 3. Judas and the Black Messiah 4. One Night in Miami 5. West Side Story 6. The Father 7. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom 8. News of the World 9. Soul 10. Minari Director 1. Chloe Zhao 2. David Fincher 3. Shaka King 4. Regina King 5. Florian Zeller Actor 1. Anthony Hopkins 2. Gary Oldman 3. Delroy Lindo 4. Daniel Kaluuya 5. Tom Hanks Actress 1. Michelle Pfeiffer 2. Frances McDormand 3. Vanessa Kirby 4. Viola Davis 5. Rachel Zegler S. Actor 1. David Stratharin 2. Chadwick Boseman 3. Bill Murray 4. Leslie Odom-Jr 5. Lakeith Stanfield S. Actress 1. Olivia Colman 2. Amanda Seyfried 3. Saoirse Ronan 4. Ariana DeBose 5. Audra MacDonald Original Screenplay 1. Mank 2. Soul 3. Minari 4. Judas and the Black Messiah 5. Never Rarely Sometimes Always (I think we’re underestimating this one) Adapted Screenplay 1. Nomadland 2. One Night in Miami 3. The Father 4. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom 5. News of the World The rest of the category predictions are in the link above.

I just saw these predictions a couple days ago. Is this post Venice and Tiff??? If so, I don’t see Stratharin winning at all right now, I don’t even know if I have him at my 5 spot or not included. I just realized he has ‘Trial of The Chicago 7’ completely missing everything even screenplay lol. Idk if it’s just me, but I feel like he is overestimating ‘West side story’ as well, like I don’t see that getting any acting noms maybe other than supporting actress. He completely left out ‘Hillbilly elegy’ including Close in supporting. I don’t really see Colman winning a second so soon though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This predictions are actually from Clayton Davis of Awards Circuit. As someone who follows his predictions and blog, I can say he usually has a terrible track record with predictions this early.

Yeah I wouldn’t put Saoirse Ronan third whilst predicting a Winslet snub at the same time.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

Ok mixing up these two makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

You’re right, but that didn’t stop people from saying Hidden Fences all the time and I had no clue what film they were talking about.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Manknari.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I’m a Hillbilly Elegy anti and even I know that Glenn Close is getting nominated no matter what. Baffling exclusion.

I do find it fascinating that even really in advance lists are not including The French Dispatch. I think a confirmation whether or not that makes this season is imminent.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Ok mixing up these two makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I mean I can understand it’s like mixing up Little Women and Marriage Story simply because Laura Dern is in both.

Michael Keaton did it on live tv.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.