Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 557 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Dan Backslide

• Milk Money
    Topics:

I’m afraid that I just don’t see Netflix winning 3 out of the 4 acting races, even in this crazy year. While they’re all but locked for the supporting categories (Boseman, Close) that in turn weakens the chances of their top lead contenders (Lindo, Davis). McDormand and wild card contender Pfeffier will benefit. Best Actor is going to either Hopkins or Kaluuya.

Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’m torn, cause he looks exceptional in that trailer, but so does Hopkins. And on the other side, while I’ve yet to see anything of his performance, I’d be so happy if Chadwick could get a win.

I’d love to see a posthumous respect for Chadwick Boseman in the form of a win. But I thought he was in supporting

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Lil Tony
    Topics:

Close and Adams may not even get the nominations

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Stank83
    Topics:

Kaluuya may not even get the nomination.

The competition seems already packed with Hopkins, Oldman, Lindo, Baron Cohen, Hanks, Mikkelsen, etc..

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I’d love to see a posthumous respect for Chadwick Boseman in the form of a win. But I thought he was in supporting

I was referring to if Kaluuya faced him in supporting.

wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe one of Ma Rainey and Hillbilly Elegy are duds? Netflix isn’t pushing four contenders and I think they’ll push Kirby and Loren regardless considering the buzz.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Lil Tony
    Topics:

Maybe one of Ma Rainey and Hillbilly Elegy are duds? Netflix isn’t pushing four contenders and I think they’ll push Kirby and Loren regardless considering the buzz.

Kirby looks like a lock right now and she could possibly go the Colman way. I have doubts about Hillbilly Elegy

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

David
    Topics:

Kaluuya may not even get the nomination. The competition seems already packed with Hopkins, Oldman, Lindo, Baron Cohen, Hanks, Mikkelsen, etc..

Do you have something against Kaluuya or something??? I always see you make similar posts on each Oscar predictions forum about how he’s not getting in and you haven’t even seen the film yet. Baron Cohen doesn’t seem to be a real threat in lead after the reviews said that pretty much everyone was supporting and I’m pretty sure most of the time category fraud works better when you have a lead go supporting and not the other way around. Also, I don’t see Mikkelsen happening this year, hopefully he gets some love from so critics groups and maybe a Gg nom?, but I don’t see him being a contender this year. To sum it up, I like Kaluuya’s chances of getting in and probably winning it all only if he delivers. Here is my best actor lineup:

Daniel Kaluuya- ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’

Anthony Hopkins- ‘The Father

Gary Oldman- ‘Mank’

Tom Hanks- ‘News of the World’

Delroy Lindo- ‘Da 5 Bloods’

John Berchmans
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dune got pushed. The budget is Too big to be released in this times. Unless, all theatres are open by December.

Dune is one of the few blockbhsters this year that hasn’t been pushed at all though. Not even when Warner moved Wonder Woman right next to it. 2021 is so crowded now, so I think they’ll just keep Dune in 2020 regardless of what happens.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Hayden
    Topics:

I’m going on a different take and say that Céline Sciamma and Lulu Wang should’ve been the ones nominated.

Sciamma found herself in a weird position because France didn’t submit Portrait as their official film. If we can open up the category to my dream picks, she’d be in it though. Same with the Safdies.

No, deeply disagree, Tarantino absolutely deserved it, i think that if Bong didn’t win, he would have been the most deserving.

And fair enough, to each their own. Like I said, I’m not against Tarantino, but Hollywood never struck a chord with me. I think Tarantino should have won for Basterds and/or Django Unchained.

fefface
    Topics:

If any more stuff gets moved there’ll be no room in the release schedule for anything that was due to come out in 2021. I fully expect to see some things end up in 2022 – whether that’s stuff originally intended for this year or for next.

marty
    Topics:

No, deeply disagree, Tarantino absolutely deserved it, i think that if Bong didn’t win, he would have been the most deserving.

Sam Mendes obviously should have been the runner up. 1917 was an achievement in filmmaking. Tarantino did nothing special with OUATIH, it’s not even in his top 3.

JackO
    Topics:

I’m afraid that I just don’t see Netflix winning 3 out of the 4 acting races, even in this crazy year. While they’re all but locked for the supporting categories (Boseman, Close) that in turn weakens the chances of their top lead contenders (Lindo, Davis). McDormand and wild card contender Pfeffier will benefit. Best Actor is going to either Hopkins or Kaluuya.

literally no one votes this way. I dont see why netflix cant win the acting races when they are one of the only viable platforms for people to actually watch movies. We are literally in the most unprecedented times ever. Time to throw out all past precedent and +stats+.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.